Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regalia Lost in House Fire ... Please Help

Pards:
    I need HELP. A friend of mine dances old style eastern woodlands . Recently his house just caught fire . all his regalia was destroyed . I need help getting him some regalia together for him it's the least I can do. i posted this here because most peopler are on this area. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!. please guys I really need help!

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
    Rob Young

Oh that sucks that his regalia burned up. Good luck in getting together another one for him. :)

Comment

Well, from what he said he's really mad mostly about his regalia . he only has the clothes on his back all. he lives with his retired grandpa and during the fire his grandpa crawled back into the house and actually grabbed the cat , my friends choker and oddly some sweetgrass. my friends grandpa is full blodded mohawk and apparently he went out side the house and blessed it ! the good thing is everyone is allright and i'm sending my friend some shirts of mine that he really likes. I've been starting getting supplies for a round roach that he had wanted me to make for him !

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
      Rob Young

Comment

Re: old style regalia .... IMPORTANT

Originally posted by MAROONDANCER
        Pards:
        I need HELP. A friend of mine dances old style eastern woodlands . Recently his house just caught fire . all his regalia was destroyed . I need help getting him some regalia together for him it's the least I can do. i posted this here because most peopler are on this area. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!. please guys I really need help!
        Rob
        Rob, I have extra 'turkey feathers' if you want'm. PM me and I'll give you the details.
        Ezaasakwaadek-bkwezhigan ndaa miijin

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
        I'm still part red man deep inside!~
        <Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

Comment

dood this sucks id be straight up pissed to if my stuff got burned up to. i would cry man. i had my stuff for a long time for get the cat let it burn. id grab my outfit and fan and all my stuff.
          how old is the guy and what tribe is he be? what size is he dood? man that aint kewl poor guy man
          everything needs a bit more taste that's were Spicy comes in

Comment

dang, poor guy and his family... i can't imagine going thru something like that...
            ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Comment

my place burned also a few years ago and ALL I got was the cat!! So I do understand. I am sorry to hear about this.
              believe in yourself

Comment

I couldn't even imagine something like happening to our small but homey home! :Cry How dreadful! Sorry to hear about the accident. :bestwishe good to hear that no one was hurt or killed!
                If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

We're thankful that no one was hurt, keep the faith in Creator that he will send those things back.:)
                  ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
                  ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
                  *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

pards:
                    I thank you for your support at this time. my friend , he just turned 15 , about a year older that me . I' was wrong they diddn't save the choker of sweetgrass, the guy who told me this was mummbling, I'knew they saved the cat and the truck ( You have to save the truck!:dontknow: ) my friend was just overat my house and saw all your posts and he said that it was very nice of you all. I don't need turkey feathers ron but thanks though:) , I'm working on a choker to look like his and with the order I'm buying my own porcupine roach kit and stuff for a roach for him. I figure I'll jack up my roach and not his. so yeah . my friend is quarter mohawk and all the rest is german. oddly he wanted to see the house burn he's like the ultimate pyro ha me and him both

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
                    Rob Young

Comment

knowing what sizes in clothes this guy wears would be helpful. What clan is he?
                      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Well bear I'don't really know . I 've started making him some regalia as of yesterday. I'm starting some leggings for him , I'm getting the cloth for an apron later today, and in all, the set is moving along nicely . i'm taking the Idea off his old set and a picture of an Iriquois brave that I printed off online mostly I'm using the picture to see how the leggings set on his body . I don't wear leggings so I've messed them up once .

i've been meaning to ask someone , do old style dancers bead thier sets? I mean I've never seen a beaded old style set, so I was just wondering .... er yeah

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
                        Rob Young

Comment

Sorry to hear bout that my mom's dad was Mohawk I will ask her about the regalia . I be :dontknow:
                          Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
                          Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

pards
                            wel I'll tell you my friends name , Ashton. Ashton actually dances Iriquois , I think.

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
                            Rob Young

Comment

pards

Well i'm happy . today I went to a store around here that sells . stuff to make regalia . I boght a fox mask , all 21 of they're deer toes , some jingle cones, and some blue beads . I just finished a set of deer hoof clankers . turns out ashton had bought the store clean out of the shells before the fire. i'm going to sew the fow mask onto his roach when I make it .

just got news today . the family is safe (as well as the cat ) and found out they're going to build a new house ontop of twhere the old house was . I still havn't heard of what the cause was . aparently ashton is grief striken that he can't go to a powwow that is happening around here , this weekend.

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
                              Rob Young

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • NahimanaSung
                                Hosting young girl in rez
                                by NahimanaSung
                                Hey!

I'm half Lakota/Dakota native american, currently living in France. I'm 18 years old, and at a point in my life where I really feel the need to explore my ancestry and learn more about my culture.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum or way to ask,...
                                03-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X