Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Feel About The U.S. Naming Weapons After Native Americans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Feel About The U.S. Naming Weapons After Native Americans?

The U.S. government lately has been naming a number of its new weapons after Native American nations.
    There's the Tommahawk Cruise Missile, The Apache Helicopter, but also weapons such as the Chanuc, the Iroquis...etc.
    Asked what he thought about it (on the 1st disc of his Democracy University DVD series), Noam Chomsky replied "It's like if the the German airforce (the Luftvafa) was naming its planes, Jew and Gypsy."
    How do you feel about the U.S.A. naming its weapons (particularly weapons of mass destruction) after Native American nations?

(btw, I'm having computer problems, so this may be the last that you hear from me for tonight.)
    I'm not responsible for my actions, I just do what the voices tell me to do.

They have been doing it for years and years
    Whats it to you? If I might ask?
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

Comment

All right Josiah!!!!

Comment

Wait

All Right Josiah

Comment

i can just hear it, ppl screaming in terror . . . . . . "the apaches are coming"

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

Originally posted by Mud_Woman View Post
            i can just hear it, ppl screaming in terror . . . . . . "the apaches are coming"

tehe

I dunno but i got mad when ppl called palin a pit bull, i found it very insulting to my puppy
            Last edited by Asmajol; 03-03-2009, 01:45 PM.

Comment

My tribe has a rich warrior tradition that continues through our 4 warrior societies that are still active today. We have always been defenders of our lands, lives, families and way of life. The US Army named one of it's air vessels after our tribe. Our veterans and active warriors are proud of this.

At a recent ceremonial warrior gathering, the US Army brought one of these to our ceremonies. It is an honor to see this air vessel in the news clips of Afganistan and hear our tribal name.
              Last edited by WhoMe; 03-03-2009, 08:46 PM.
              Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I think it shows how badass we are
                I'm not mean....You're just a sissy

http://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/...ame_ndngirl70/
                http://www.myspace.com/ndngirl70

Comment

lots of nicknames but nothing like sports mascots if that is what you are getting at...

H58 Scout Helo Kiowa 1980's

Ch47 Chinook 1960's

AH64 Attack Helo Apache 1980's

H1 Iroqouis better known as the Huey 1960's
                  ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                  Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Mud_Woman View Post

The Taliban during my time in Afghanistan feared the Apache helo...that helo has inflicted many casualties on them.

Thanks to the aviation peeps who had our backs in many of the ops I was in during my time outside the wire...
                    sigpic
                    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                      My tribe has a rich warrior tradition that continues through our 4 warrior societies that are still active today. We have always been defenders of our lands, lives, families and way of life. The US Army named one of it's air vessels after our tribe. Our veterans and active warriors are proud of this.

At a recent ceremonial warrior gathering, the US Army brought one of these to our ceremonies. It is an honor to see this air vessel in the news clips of Afganistan and hear our tribal name.
                      Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
                      The Taliban during my time in Afghanistan feared the Apache helo...that helo has inflicted many casualties on them.

Thanks to the aviation peeps who had our backs in many of the ops I was in during my time outside the wire...
                      its kinda-sorta good the military uses native tribes to name their weapons . . . it strikes fear in ppl

Comment

I feel dayum honored they would name a weapon after me.....LOL!!!....I think it's cool......
                        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Well I like the idea that the military is naming the War vessels and weaponry after Native american tribes. It is true we still strike fear into the enemy far and near. Our tribe is truly honored by it and take it as an honor! And it's held in high regards to our military society the Kiowa Ton-kon-gaut! Haw! sole-haw! gyat-thdy-gyah!

Comment

so wheres the killer navajo?? jk

u know why they named it the kiowa..
                            because it had a big nose

haha thats funney. what if it were true
                            thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by injunboy View Post
                              so wheres the killer navajo?? jk
                              i was telling my lil bro about this thread, and when i read the above post, he busted out laughing . . . "there gonna name some sort of nerve gas agent after us navajo's" . . . i didnt get it, till he squeezed his nose and said "silent but deadly"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • TigerEyes214
                                Neverending Game
                                by TigerEyes214
                                k. I didn't see any game like this before so....short and sweet here goes:

Last one to post wins!!! GO!!!!!!

(so far I'm the winner) :taunting:
                                05-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X