Dream symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream symbols

Can someone educate me about the Native symbolism of snakes and lizards please? I have had dreams two nights running now containing references to snakes. Last nights dream contained a small snake called a slow worm which is native here (UK), a small brown lizard with a stumpy head and a huge snake as thick as my arm with well defined diamonds on it's back outlined in white.

I get alot of animal symbolism given to me in dreams. I had a dream about beavers once and since we don't get them here I don't know much about the symbolism of them. I think beavers are about working hard, but these snakes and the lizard are beyond my knowledge.

I know snakes are symbolic of kundalini (a form of life energy) but why I should get these three creatures together baffles me.

Any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another!

We aren't Mystics, we aren't Psychics. Call Sylvia Browne!
    Ipsica Waci
    Wicahpi Eyoyambya Olowan

Comment

Originally posted by Lakota Wiyan View Post
      We aren't Mystics, we aren't Psychics. Call Sylvia Browne!

Thank you for your help, it's heartwearming to know there are such warm helpful brothers and sisters walking the red road.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwoman View Post
        Thank you for your help, it's heartwearming to know there are such warm helpful brothers and sisters walking the red road.

It's the "Red Road" , not the Rainbow road......

Comment

Originally posted by rez_hopper View Post
          It's the "Red Road" , not the Rainbow road......

".....Treat all men alike. Give them all the same law. Give them all an even chance to live and grow. All men were made by the same Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers. The Earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it....."

Chief Josef - Nez Perce

Comment

LOL
            We do read and understand english and the concept of sarcasm!
            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
            Till I Die!

Comment

".....Treat all men alike. Give them all the same law. Give them all an even chance to live and grow. All men were made by the same Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers. The Earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it....."

Chief Josef - Nez Perce
              It is a common misconception that the 500 different tribes in this country are mystics and have a higher understanding of prophecy and dream interpretations. I think partly that we are viewed as a primitive race of people that have not adapted to modern society so we are closer to the ancient wisdom that was reported to be so prevalent in the distant past.
              Much like you trying to find pagans out in the fields of england still practicing the ancient rites.
              Ludicrous
              Last edited by Josiah; 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM.
              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
              Till I Die!

Comment

hummmmm don't think that you are my sister....

My interpretation is that you need to find the pagans dancing around there in your forests and ask them what you are seeing....
                Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Oops

I meant that you should follow the "Redcoat Road" over there....

Comment

Wow - I guess that you're surprised by some of the responses - don't be discouraged! Imagine how we feel to have all kinds of non- NDN people come on here asking unusual (and sometimes downright weird) questions and thinking we have any answers that will be general enough to cover all tribes. There is no pan-NDN answer to your questions.

We don't have lizards where I am and snakes can be both a good sign and one of warning. As someone else said, perhaps you can consult the people who are native to your area - what do these animals mean in the celtic culture?

Comment

I read this right after it was posted and knew the responses forthcoming.

Hope you guys didn't hurt her feelings.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Maybe this will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L23LOX7gjzg

Comment

Originally posted by Singing Eagle View Post
                          Wow - I guess that you're surprised by some of the responses - don't be discouraged! Imagine how we feel to have all kinds of non- NDN people come on here asking unusual (and sometimes downright weird) questions and thinking we have any answers that will be general enough to cover all tribes. There is no pan-NDN answer to your questions.

We don't have lizards where I am and snakes can be both a good sign and one of warning. As someone else said, perhaps you can consult the people who are native to your area - what do these animals mean in the celtic culture?

Unfortunately I'm not at all surprised, I only wish I were.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                            I read this right after it was posted and knew the responses forthcoming.

Hope you guys didn't hurt her feelings.

LOL not at all, I'm far too wise to allow this sort of thing to affect me

Comment

If you are so wise then you'd understand that we don't go around giving out information like you want to people who just assume that we are a one size fits all culture....
                              Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                Books!
                                by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
                                02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X