Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your man won, but look at what he is doing ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your man won, but look at what he is doing ...

WASHINGTON

The Obama administration is considering a plan to make veterans use private insurance to pay for treatment of combat and service-related injuries.

The proposal would be an about-face on what veterans think is a longstanding pledge to pay for health-care costs that result from their military service.

In a White House meeting Monday, veterans groups apparently failed to persuade President Barack Obama to take the plan off the table.

more at: Vets attack Obama health proposal | KansasCity.com Prime Buzz

Like others, I did not vote for the man, but was willing to give him a chance. However, this is way over the edge.

Comment

Well, reading it, it is only proposed...hopefully this moron will not screw this up, like the bailouts he is giving away. The bailouts have done nothing for the people.
      sigpic
      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

That's not the half of it. I was just reading this the other day:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/us.../15health.html

The article talks about Obama wanting to tax private insurance benefits as income. Wouldn't that be great? That's the same thing he pulverized McCain for proposing, but Obama's plan wouldn't be offset by corresopnding tax credits.

I didn't vote for him either, and quite frankly I didn't have much "hope" for his idea of "change." Unfortunately I've underestimated him - he appears even worse than I anticipated.

And the bailouts... (argh) how much money was given to these banks that was turned around and invested overseas? Billions! And now they're trying to act all righteously indignant about the AIG bonuses. Well...the bailout that Timothy Geithner (Secretary of the Treasury) engineered - yes he was involved - was written with an exclusion clause that allowed all compensation agreements, bonuses already contracted to be valid. They knew this money was to be paid out, now they're just making a big deal to distract us from the fact that the rest of the economy is going down the toilet. What's $165 million compared to the $180 billion that AIG got in the first place.

Plus, rumor has it that many Senate/House members are stakeholders in AIG and the reason for propping it up is to protect their own assets.

Comment

I see another 1994 in 2010. Mid term congressionals!
          "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
          Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Oh, noooooo. That ain't right.

Wonder how this plan would effect vets who can't afford insurance?

Comment

They'll die on the lawn of the hospital...Thanks Obama.
              sigpic
              R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                And now they're trying to act all righteously indignant about the AIG bonuses. Well...the bailout that Timothy Geithner (Secretary of the Treasury) engineered - yes he was involved - was written with an exclusion clause that allowed all compensation agreements, bonuses already contracted to be valid. They knew this money was to be paid out, now they're just making a big deal to distract us ...
                Sshhhh!

We're all supposed to pretend we don't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakalapi View Post
                  Sshhhh!

We're all supposed to pretend we don't know that.

Comment

what the heck is he doing . . . he was elected to help the nation and all hes doing is bailing out big companies and cutting funds to the tribes . . .

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

It sounds like he needs a teleprompter just to talk to the people... wonder if he needs one to talk to his wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                        It sounds like he needs a teleprompter just to talk to the people... wonder if he needs one to talk to his wife!
                        Hopefully not in bed?! That would be embarrassing - getting them cords all tangled up and all... ...on a romantic evening...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                          Hopefully not in bed?! That would be embarrassing - getting them cords all tangled up and all... ...on a romantic evening...
                          Naw they got overhead projectors just aim the text up the ceiling and he's good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakalapi View Post
                            Naw they got overhead projectors just aim the text up the ceiling and he's good to go.
                            Imagine if the scripts were swapped like the last time with one a foreign leader where Obama was thanking himself after the scripts were swapped at the wrong time!! That was hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                              Imagine if the scripts were swapped like the last time with one a foreign leader where Obama was thanking himself after the scripts were swapped at the wrong time!! That was hilarious!
                              I can just see it now, "I stand here today humbled... ooops! Wrong speech Nancy. Wait! You're name is...Monica, no Melissa, no.... oh that's right, Michelle."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.