Ndn generation pride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ndn generation pride!

THIS THREAD IS FOR BRINGING OUT THE FACT OUR YOUTH CAN AND ARE DOING SOMETHING GOOD WITH THEIR LIVES

AND FOR THE GOOD OF OUR MANY NDN NATIONS! SO I HOPE YOU JOIN IN CONVERSATION OF POSITIVE ASPECTS OF OUR YOUTH! WHATEVER AGE!

AUNTIES, UNCLES, GRANDPARENTS, TEACHERS, ETC. ALL ARE WELCOME!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
    "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
    "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
    "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
    "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

i have two children. a son age 22, and daughter age 21.

my son is graduating from college with two degrees and is currently applying for a post with the los angeles police department. he works parttime and put himself through college. i am so very proud of him!

my daughter is graduating with her BA from a university in southern california. she has a full time job and put herself through school! she graduated a year early in high school. she graduated with high honors from college. i am very proud of her!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Good thread!!!!

We have 4 children. 25, 21,20, 19 (combined family).

We have one nurse and 3 in college. One at Texas A&M working toward a degree in Marine Biology, One at East Strousburg (PA) for Sports Medicine, One at University of Texas working on a degree in Physcial Education.

Native Americans future is in the education of our children, with strong grounding in their heritage.
      Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

thats wonderful STEELEMAGNOLIA!!!!
        i give your outstanding family

AWARDS! for their achievements! way to go!!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Thanks, :) We are so proud of our children.... and are looking forward to one of our grandchildren being the great mind that cures cancer, sits on the supreme court, or is a rocket scientist or a plumber (got to have all the bases covered )

I have to thank my parents for encouraging me and teaching us the importance of getting an education. We are now into a second generation that has more highschool and college graduates than we did 3 generations ago.

Our people can grab the brass ring with hard work and education....
          Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

come on....someone else out there has to have a child/teen/young adult or know of one who is graduating from one grade to another or from college or high school, or trade school or something!

did some teen get their drivers license? how about a volunteer spot? or summer job? post it yourself if no one else does!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

so no one graduated from one grade to another? no one accomplished anything? you must know of someone who did....if you do, please post it here. thank you.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

We couldn't afford to pay for my son's college tuition, but he earned a scholarship to a technical college and is earning a degree in...something to do with computers, lol! E-Commerce and Digital Media. As long as he keeps his grades up above a "B" average, we don't have to pay tuition. Books are expensive, 'though.

Comment

My kids are younger but My 13 yr old passed onto grade 8 and is getting a start on her highschool community credit by working at fort henry where she will be dressed up as a kid of old fort henry, go to school, do chores and tell tourists about life of kids at the fort. My 10 & 8 yr old who I have been homeschooling completed their grades. My 6 yr old passed. I also had him assesed to see what grade level he is at (cause I will homeschool him in the fall also) and his assesment put him at grade 4 in most subjects. I am proud of them. My baby is learning the word no....not as much fun.
                  Last edited by SuzzeQ4; 07-07-2009, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I'm proud of my 11-year-old. She's really creative with making videos on the computer and I think this last one is her best yet. The sound is a bit out of sync with the lyrics, but that was due to the way it uploaded to Youtube. It actually matched up perfect on her PC.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cty1slm6q4w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cty1slm6q4w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm also proud of my 10-year-old who is coming out as a jingler next week.

I have a 3-year-old and 7-year-old girls who are also great in their own ways.

Comment

Originally posted by neling4 View Post
                      We couldn't afford to pay for my son's college tuition, but he earned a scholarship to a technical college and is earning a degree in...something to do with computers, lol! E-Commerce and Digital Media. As long as he keeps his grades up above a "B" average, we don't have to pay tuition. Books are expensive, 'though.
                      YEA!! thank you NELING4....i couldnt afford any tuitions either. i am so glad that your son earned a scholarship!
                      yeah, those books are so over priced! i dont know why students have to buy new books every year....it used to be you could sell your old books to the bookstore for new students so everybody benefited.

i know you must be so proud of your son! you both are winners! way to go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
                        My kids are younger but My 13 yr old passed onto grade 8 and is getting a start on her highschool community credit by working at fort henry where she will be dressed up as a kid of old fort henry, go to school, do chores and tell tourists about life of kids at the fort. My 10 & 8 yr old who I have been homeschooling completed their grades. My 6 yr old passed. I also had him assesed to see what grade level he is at (cause I will homeschool him in the fall also) and his assesment put him at grade 4 in most subjects. I am proud of them. My baby is learning the word no....not as much fun.
                        yea!! SUZZEQ...everyone counts! wow, your 13 year old is getting so much more than just an education and community credit....she is learning speech and how to address an audience (sp?). that will put her way ahead in life goals!

your 10 & 8 year olds deserve praise for completing their grades!! no matter where you learn, it still takes a lot of work and dedication.

congrats to your 6year old! all that work paid off!

and baby learning "NO", hey, not an easy or fun thing.
                        you all have reason to be proud!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                          I'm proud of my 11-year-old. She's really creative with making videos on the computer and I think this last one is her best yet. The sound is a bit out of sync with the lyrics, but that was due to the way it uploaded to Youtube. It actually matched up perfect on her PC.

<EMBED style="WIDTH: 36px; HEIGHT: 52px" height=52 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=36 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/Cty1slm6q4w&hl=en&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

I'm also proud of my 10-year-old who is coming out as a jingler next week.

I have a 3-year-old and 7-year-old girls who are also great in their own ways.
                          hi NORTHOFADA! and YEA! for your 11 year old. she really has a talent! i can barely figure out where i am in cyberspace half the time! *laughing*

your 10 year old who is coming out as a jingler, shows she has put in a whole lot of time and dedication to learn and practice this skill!

as for your 7 & 3 year olds, who are great in their own ways, i know its not easy having older siblings. so for your patience and understanding we cheer you both!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                            Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                            by OLChemist
                            *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                            06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                          • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                            Books!
                            by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                            It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
                            02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X