Roller Coaster Junkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Coaster Junkies

It's almost summer and the amusement parks are opening. Indian kids and some adults LOVE roller coasters! This past weekend I sampled 5 roller coasters. One 'bout broke my neck. One killed my knees. One gave me whiplash. And one started laying down but turned you on your front side. They were all awesome!!!

Are you a roller coaster junkie?

Where is THE BEST roller coaster you have ever rode?

What made this THE BEST???
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Love them!

I've ridden over 80 different coasters!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
      It's almost summer and the amusement parks are opening. Indian kids and some adults LOVE roller coasters! This past weekend I sampled 5 roller coasters. One 'bout broke my neck. One killed my knees. One gave me whiplash. And one started laying down but turned you on your front side. They were all awesome!!!

They have some at Frontier City that give a run for your money

The best one I have been on was at Magic Mountain Called Colossus
      It is such a rush

The ones that accelerate like a rocket sled are cool but dont last long enough
      I like twist, turns and every which way!!!
      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
      Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post

The best roller coasters are at Kenneywood park in Pittsburgh pa. Try the jackrabbit.It's an old wooden coaster. And yes I'm a coaster junkie. Peace oldnana

Comment

Originally posted by oldnana View Post
          The best roller coasters are at Kenneywood park in Pittsburgh pa. Try the jackrabbit.It's an old wooden coaster. And yes I'm a coaster junkie. Peace oldnana
          Never been to Kennywood. But the best coasters are at Cedar Point!

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Carnivals, magic mountain, disneyland, knottsberry farm

i have been on many coaster rides in muh day! eva since muh first carnival about age 5. majority of dem in southern california. da very last one i rode taught me dat i waz too old to keep riding dem. i was at knottsberry farm and rode "GHOST RIDER" when it waz brand new. probably not der anymore....anyways der waz a point during da ride dat made you stand upright (no special seating either)!

if i hadnt held on fer dear life, i know i woulda ended up as part of da scenery! **laughing** it waz da best ride i eva took, but scared da pee otta me! and most every body else too.da nearest bathrooms were filled to da max right after!! **laughing**
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
            "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
            "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
            "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
            "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

The last coaster I rode was the original Twister at the original Elitch Gardens in Denver...and I thought I WAS GONNA DIE! I was all alone in the front car and it was shaking and going all over the track, especially on the corners. Finally I though, "if I die, I die" and enjoyed the rest of the ride.

Later on a top 10 roller coaster show I saw it was one of the top wooden coasters around.
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

THe BEAST! at Kings Island.

Old, Wood, Roaring...................

Comment

You want a REAL ride...??? Drive thru Baghdad, Iraq...or Kandahar City, Afghanistan for a YEAR, and get blown up and shot at the SAME time...and live thru it....Thats a REAL ride.

Been there, done that.
                  sigpic
                  R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NAL3p_mU-Vw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&bord er=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NAL3p_mU-Vw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&bord er=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Across the river ( Tigress River) from the Green Zone, Baghdad...
                    sigpic
                    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Some of my favs!

HyperSonic XLC

Millennium Force

And my all time favorite!

Hulk

Pictures from Rollercoaster Database.

Roller Coaster DataBase

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Here are some I haven't ridden yet, but really want to!

Top Thrill Dragster

X2

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
                          I like twist, turns and every which way!!!

Josi,

Does NDKKIDZ know this is what you like?
                          Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                            Never been to Kennywood. But the best coasters are at Cedar Point!
                            My son would totally agree with you here.

I don't like roller coasters and we used to go to an amusement park at least once a year, sometimes two or three times.LOL

My son has been on the Millennium many times and he loves it. He will ride that two or three times. I just walk around and look at stuff and I do have a good time too. I'm more into the spining rides and my son doesn't like them, but I would get him on one or two with me. But he is on all the roller coaster's he can get onto.LOL

They have gotten me onto the Iron Dragon, that's about the only one I will do and I still hold my breath and pray and wonder what the heck I even got on it for even now.LMAO

Comment

I've been a coaster chicken for many years,

I've done the Disneyland ones (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, etc.) and survived, but always chickened out on the upside down, sideways, backwards, kind. I did go on Colossus at Magic Mountain and the Ninja - those were cool.

But now I've got kids, and my oldest at least is pretty brave. She got me on the Demon at Great America - the first upside down coaster I ever went on. And yes, I survived.

So...we'll see. I may find I have to pluck up some courage, bite the bullet, whatever, and go for some rides.

And no, NSB, I don't think I'd be up for your kind of ride either, but thank the Creator for folks who do that for us every day.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • namamiinc
                                Hello From FLorida
                                by namamiinc
                                I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                                12-01-2022, 07:14 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X