Records coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records coming back?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DCnYTl-5avw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DCnYTl-5avw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I found this on Youtube today and it brought me way back to when I was a kid.LMAO I like this movie too.

I had a record player like that and I even once had a 78 record. They were very rare, but I actually had one. I don't remember (that was way too long ago.LOL) which one it was, but I can remember trying to play it on 33 and it sounded so funny and I asked my mom who told me that it was a 78. I had seen the speed on the record player, but didn't know what that was. I looked at my mom like she was wacked.LOL But she was right.

And then a few years ago (about 10) my oldest niece was here visiting and we were all listening to music--Me, my son, her and her mother. I said something about "I used to have this record" and my niece looked at me straight in the face and said "Auntie. What's a record?" I about fell over. Dang did I feel old then.LOL

I had a record player just like the one in that video, I also had one that you had to manually move the arm on it at one time.

Over the holiday there were several people at my house for dinner and a discussion came up about the old records. Someone said that they are bringing them back and that they found that the records have a better sound and quality then the Cassettes, 8-tracks (anyone remember those? I still have a couple hereLMAO) and CD's.

Has anyone else heard this?

What do you think, do records have a better sound? Just wondering.LOL

yes, you are in a class by yourself.........
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

I haven't heard about bringing back real records. I think it would be a hoot if they brought back the vinyl. Mostly due to nostalgia. Hope they do.

Do records sound better? Its hard to tell because my old ones have so many scratches & finger prints. New ones probably do! LOL

Comment

Well, see there, you admit that I'm special 50. Now that's what makes me me.LMAO

Yeah, we were talking about it again tonight and my son even said that vinyl is coming back.

Shoot I still have some really old records too and then when my ex-in-laws put all their old albums on CD they gave my ex and I boxes of albums. And then other family members did too 'cause at that time we were the only ones in the family that still had a working record player.LOL When I got the records I went to a place (I think it was Radio Shack, but not sure anymore) and got this stuff to clean up the records, it doesn't take all the scratches off of them, but it sure did clean up alot of them.

I like the convenience of CD's when traveling, they are easier to listen to in a vehicle then it would be to listen to a record.LOL

You know I don't know either about the sound being better on vinyl, but when they were talking about it a couple of the guys were saying how much better the sound was then on anything else.LOL

Comment

Checkout this one! A Sioux named boy! Roger Alan Wade - Sioux Named Boy - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post

Now that's funny. Have you ever seen Williams and Reed? Oh they are so funny. My bro has their DVD and he played it for me. I laughed so hard.

Comment

Yes, it's Williams and Ree though...they were on the Grand Ole Opry once or twice.

Comment

yeah, I hit the D by mistake.LOL Sorry about that.LMAO

But I love them they are funny.

They used to do the cooking part on one of those day time TV shows, I think it was Florence Henderson's show--but not totally sure there.LOL

Comment

Please help me with my dream to gert Native American & related music on 45 rpm records. I'm fed up with being refused help on this matter of mine. Please have both native & non-native recording labels as well as record manufacturers & anyone who makes & presses records to have Native American & related music put on 45 rpm records. I also found online some people who will make custom 45 rpm records & even their labels from what music & related images you upload to them.

Comment

Originally posted by mathewhebailey08 View Post
                    Please help me with my dream to gert Native American & related music on 45 rpm records. I'm fed up with being refused help on this matter of mine. Please have both native & non-native recording labels as well as record manufacturers & anyone who makes & presses records to have Native American & related music put on 45 rpm records. I also found online some people who will make custom 45 rpm records & even their labels from what music & related images you upload to them.

Okay, I'm confused here with "Help". Help in what way?

You seem to have the connectios, so what is it that you are looking for?

Comment

I still have some vinyl stuff somewhere... lol.... I think that it's been years since I even thought of them....
                      Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

LOL

Yup - that one came out as part of the backlash to the double nickle speed limit imposed in reaction to the gas crisis of the late 70s.

As for vinyl "coming back" - uhm some people never left :-)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy tiger View Post
                          Well, see there, you admit that I'm special 50. Now that's what makes me me.LMAO

Yeah, we were talking about it again tonight and my son even said that vinyl is coming back.

Shoot I still have some really old records too and then when my ex-in-laws put all their old albums on CD they gave my ex and I boxes of albums. And then other family members did too 'cause at that time we were the only ones in the family that still had a working record player.LOL When I got the records I went to a place (I think it was Radio Shack, but not sure anymore) and got this stuff to clean up the records, it doesn't take all the scratches off of them, but it sure did clean up alot of them.

I like the convenience of CD's when traveling, they are easier to listen to in a vehicle then it would be to listen to a record.LOL

You know I don't know either about the sound being better on vinyl, but when they were talking about it a couple of the guys were saying how much better the sound was then on anything else.LOL
                          yes special case.........or special ed....LOL!!!....jk...
                          sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
                            yes special case.........or special ed....LOL!!!....jk...

And that's why we get along so well.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by between2worlds View Post
                              LOL

Yup - that one came out as part of the backlash to the double nickle speed limit imposed in reaction to the gas crisis of the late 70s.

As for vinyl "coming back" - uhm some people never left :-)
                              Yeah, some never left, but good luck finding them.LOL A few times I couldn't find any in the stores and I have a friend who's a singer and they don't or didn't do the records anymore. If you wnated the radio stations to play your songs or music it HAD to be on CD only. And that was like 10-15 years ago even. They no longer played the vinyl records it was all done on CD's, some were still using Cassettes, but even then not all that many. And he told me then that they had discontinued making vinyl records. Just selling what was left.LOL So that's what I went by.LOL

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.