Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APACHEFIRE
    replied
    i have a real treasure i couldnt believe when i found it in a goodwill store! has anyone ever heard of a toy called "MR.MACHINE"?
    its in working condition, but the plastic is discolored from age.

i also have some brand new looking metal skates. the kind you need a key for. i am looking for a skate key if anyone knows of one.

Leave a comment:

• APACHEFIRE
    replied
    Originally posted by steelemagnolia63 View Post
    My brothers, my husbnad and I have tons of "stuff"....

a butter churn that belonged to my great Grandmother, cedar chest that my mom rescued form a yard sale that was painted some god awful green, guns, guns and more gun stuff, a set of china from my husband's great Grandmother, a bedroom suit that belonged to hubby's great Grandmother, the list goes on and on....
    STEELEMAGNOLIA i guess that green paint must be pretty cheap. i have found lots of items painted with it in many states! you sound like you have some really cool stuff! the bedroom suite, what kind of wood it is made from? if you dont know...what color of wood is it?

Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
    My parents greatest treasure is... me!!! J/K

I have my grandpas skinning knife, an old stoneware jug, and his notary press from when he was the first postmaster here on the rez!!! These were passed on to me from my dad and they date back to when he was a kid, and he was born in 1923!! I have an old biplane bookshelf my dad made when he was in boarding school also.
    SOOPA see, i told you mom loves you best! *Laughing* the best items to have are the ones handed down in the family. they mean so much more. i love the history behind the items i collect. do you have a picture of the bookshelf you can share here with us?

Originally posted by ugidali View Post
    We love going going shopping at junk stores etc. to look for old rare items for cheap that are worth a lot.
    My mom founf this book at an old store and bought it for 25 cent.
    Its worth a lot of money. It goes for about $500 dollars!!!!!
    UGIDALI yeah i call that treasure hunting. i sure can fill up a home really quick by hitting those stores and yard sales. i have found 'moving sales' to be the best for prices. whats the title of the book that is worth so much? i have lots of old books but i have found that they dont have much value unless someone is looking for a particular print. im just curious. i keep telling my kids to sell off some of my stuff to help pay for their education! i know all my junk is worth a lot of money. it just takes time to find the right person to sell it to.

Leave a comment:

• APACHEFIRE
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
    As far as old stuff I have the chassis from an 1931 Philco cathedral style radio that I'm going to rebuild when I can spare the $$$ for replacement tubes, and of course I have to build a new wooden cabinet for it. I also spared a Toshiba laptop from 1991 (b/w LCD) from going into the trash at a company I worked for a while ago. My dad's old 1978 Marantz Stereo system. More random old computer stuff including old 5.25" floppy disks formated for the Apple IIe's and a DLT tape drive.
    TOOLBOX i have a couple of items that need those old tubes....where do you get them?

Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
    i have a one of those big huge record players thats like 4 feet tall. We have pong, the old video game where there are 2 rectangles and the ball that bounces between them. I have a 75 honda pan and my dad has a 59 TR3. I have a 400 yr old courting adulcemer (spelling?) and my Mom has war art her uncle made during ww1 (he was a blacksmith), I have a tredle sewing machine as well.
    SUZZEQ4 yeah i have a couple of those tredle sewing machines. do you know if they are worth much?

Leave a comment:

• ugidali
    replied
    rare book

We love going going shopping at junk stores etc. to look for old rare items for cheap that are worth a lot.
    My mom founf this book at an old store and bought it for 25 cent.
    Its worth a lot of money. It goes for about $500 dollars!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• soopashinaab
    replied
    My parents greatest treasure is... me!!! J/K

I have my grandpas skinning knife, an old stoneware jug, and his notary press from when he was the first postmaster here on the rez!!! These were passed on to me from my dad and they date back to when he was a kid, and he was born in 1923!! I have an old biplane bookshelf my dad made when he was in boarding school also.

Leave a comment:

• steelemagnolia63
    replied
    My brothers, my husbnad and I have tons of "stuff"....

a butter churn that belonged to my great Grandmother, cedar chest that my mom rescued form a yard sale that was painted some god awful green, guns, guns and more gun stuff, a set of china from my husband's great Grandmother, a bedroom suit that belonged to hubby's great Grandmother, the list goes on and on....

Leave a comment:

• SuzzeQ4
    replied
    i have a one of those big huge record players thats like 4 feet tall. We have pong, the old video game where there are 2 rectangles and the ball that bounces between them. I have a 75 honda pan and my dad has a 59 TR3. I have a 400 yr old courting adulcemer (spelling?) and my Mom has war art her uncle made during ww1 (he was a blacksmith), I have a tredle sewing machine as well.

Leave a comment:

• Toolbox
    replied
    As far as old stuff I have the chassis from an 1931 Philco cathedral style radio that I'm going to rebuild when I can spare the $$$ for replacement tubes, and of course I have to build a new wooden cabinet for it. I also spared a Toshiba laptop from 1991 (b/w LCD) from going into the trash at a company I worked for a while ago. My dad's old 1978 Marantz Stereo system. More random old computer stuff including old 5.25" floppy disks formated for the Apple IIe's and a DLT tape drive.

Leave a comment:

• APACHEFIRE
    started a topic Old collectables & other stuff

Old collectables & other stuff

i own some really great stuff. stuff i bet your parents had when growing up.
    like 'hi-fi's/ stereos/ radios with tubes/ brownie camera/ box camera & more.

what great treasures do you or your parents have?

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.