Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old collectables & other stuff

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Old collectables & other stuff

    i own some really great stuff. stuff i bet your parents had when growing up.
    like 'hi-fi's/ stereos/ radios with tubes/ brownie camera/ box camera & more.

    what great treasures do you or your parents have?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
    "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
    "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
    "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
    "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

    **laughin**

  • #2
    As far as old stuff I have the chassis from an 1931 Philco cathedral style radio that I'm going to rebuild when I can spare the $$$ for replacement tubes, and of course I have to build a new wooden cabinet for it. I also spared a Toshiba laptop from 1991 (b/w LCD) from going into the trash at a company I worked for a while ago. My dad's old 1978 Marantz Stereo system. More random old computer stuff including old 5.25" floppy disks formated for the Apple IIe's and a DLT tape drive.
    CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
    sigpic

    Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

    Comment


    • #3
      i have a one of those big huge record players thats like 4 feet tall. We have pong, the old video game where there are 2 rectangles and the ball that bounces between them. I have a 75 honda pan and my dad has a 59 TR3. I have a 400 yr old courting adulcemer (spelling?) and my Mom has war art her uncle made during ww1 (he was a blacksmith), I have a tredle sewing machine as well.

      Comment


      • #4
        My brothers, my husbnad and I have tons of "stuff"....

        a butter churn that belonged to my great Grandmother, cedar chest that my mom rescued form a yard sale that was painted some god awful green, guns, guns and more gun stuff, a set of china from my husband's great Grandmother, a bedroom suit that belonged to hubby's great Grandmother, the list goes on and on....
        Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

        Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

        I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

        Comment


        • #5
          My parents greatest treasure is... me!!! J/K

          I have my grandpas skinning knife, an old stoneware jug, and his notary press from when he was the first postmaster here on the rez!!! These were passed on to me from my dad and they date back to when he was a kid, and he was born in 1923!! I have an old biplane bookshelf my dad made when he was in boarding school also.
          I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            rare book

            We love going going shopping at junk stores etc. to look for old rare items for cheap that are worth a lot.
            My mom founf this book at an old store and bought it for 25 cent.
            Its worth a lot of money. It goes for about $500 dollars!!!!!
            2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

            "We Walk in Two Worlds"


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
              As far as old stuff I have the chassis from an 1931 Philco cathedral style radio that I'm going to rebuild when I can spare the $$$ for replacement tubes, and of course I have to build a new wooden cabinet for it. I also spared a Toshiba laptop from 1991 (b/w LCD) from going into the trash at a company I worked for a while ago. My dad's old 1978 Marantz Stereo system. More random old computer stuff including old 5.25" floppy disks formated for the Apple IIe's and a DLT tape drive.
              TOOLBOX i have a couple of items that need those old tubes....where do you get them?

              Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
              i have a one of those big huge record players thats like 4 feet tall. We have pong, the old video game where there are 2 rectangles and the ball that bounces between them. I have a 75 honda pan and my dad has a 59 TR3. I have a 400 yr old courting adulcemer (spelling?) and my Mom has war art her uncle made during ww1 (he was a blacksmith), I have a tredle sewing machine as well.
              SUZZEQ4 yeah i have a couple of those tredle sewing machines. do you know if they are worth much?
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              "Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
              "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
              "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
              "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
              "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

              **laughin**

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by steelemagnolia63 View Post
                My brothers, my husbnad and I have tons of "stuff"....

                a butter churn that belonged to my great Grandmother, cedar chest that my mom rescued form a yard sale that was painted some god awful green, guns, guns and more gun stuff, a set of china from my husband's great Grandmother, a bedroom suit that belonged to hubby's great Grandmother, the list goes on and on....
                STEELEMAGNOLIA i guess that green paint must be pretty cheap. i have found lots of items painted with it in many states! you sound like you have some really cool stuff! the bedroom suite, what kind of wood it is made from? if you dont know...what color of wood is it?

                Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
                My parents greatest treasure is... me!!! J/K

                I have my grandpas skinning knife, an old stoneware jug, and his notary press from when he was the first postmaster here on the rez!!! These were passed on to me from my dad and they date back to when he was a kid, and he was born in 1923!! I have an old biplane bookshelf my dad made when he was in boarding school also.
                SOOPA see, i told you mom loves you best! *Laughing* the best items to have are the ones handed down in the family. they mean so much more. i love the history behind the items i collect. do you have a picture of the bookshelf you can share here with us?

                Originally posted by ugidali View Post
                We love going going shopping at junk stores etc. to look for old rare items for cheap that are worth a lot.
                My mom founf this book at an old store and bought it for 25 cent.
                Its worth a lot of money. It goes for about $500 dollars!!!!!
                UGIDALI yeah i call that treasure hunting. i sure can fill up a home really quick by hitting those stores and yard sales. i have found 'moving sales' to be the best for prices. whats the title of the book that is worth so much? i have lots of old books but i have found that they dont have much value unless someone is looking for a particular print. im just curious. i keep telling my kids to sell off some of my stuff to help pay for their education! i know all my junk is worth a lot of money. it just takes time to find the right person to sell it to.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                "Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
                "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
                "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
                "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
                "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

                **laughin**

                Comment


                • #9
                  i have a real treasure i couldnt believe when i found it in a goodwill store! has anyone ever heard of a toy called "MR.MACHINE"?
                  its in working condition, but the plastic is discolored from age.

                  i also have some brand new looking metal skates. the kind you need a key for. i am looking for a skate key if anyone knows of one.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  "Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
                  "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
                  "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
                  "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
                  "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

                  **laughin**

                  Comment

                  Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  • Annie Fawn
                    Anything made you feel old recently? >>>
                    by Annie Fawn
                    Has anything made you feel old recently by word or deed? My hubby is still reeling from our daughter asking him what kind of game this was and where was the player. He turned around and she was holding a 8 track tape! He stuck it in the stero in the garage and played it for her. Yes, we have my old...
                    06-17-2005, 08:04 PM
                  • Tibiki Kinew
                    Stuffed animals, do you have any?
                    by Tibiki Kinew
                    So tell me honestly do you have any stuffed animals, fake or real?? I have a real male and feamle mallard duck, a real Canada goose, a real racoon, a real kingfisher, a real barn owl and a black bear rug. Then I have a bunch of the fake ones too, specially a Teddy bear from my bosses wife, a Gundt,...
                    10-03-2003, 11:24 AM
                  • White Eagle
                    What you have NDN's field with old cars and stuff?
                    by White Eagle
                    OK, Here's pic of my father's old cars that sat in the back yard by 1st barn.



                    Here's pic of my 1st restored '67 blue Firebird with my black Lab in Jan 1, 1990.



                    I sold my car and I bought that same car back in 10 years later....
                    08-08-2006, 07:51 PM
                  • RainyDaze49
                    Calling All Old Skool Pw.com'rz!
                    by RainyDaze49
                    What was the name you used when you first came to Powwows.com?

                    As for me, I was the ever famous

                    POWWOWCHIC49 aka CHICKY
                    03-04-2005, 03:52 PM
                  • Historian
                    What kind of bells do you wear?
                    by Historian
                    I have seen dance bells on Straight Dancers ranging from a single row of old brass sleigh bells (my personal preference), to three rows of chrome-plated bells.

                    What kind of bells do you wear?

                    How many rows of bells on each leg?

                    Is it proper for a Straight...
                    11-05-2005, 11:20 PM

                  Trending

                  Collapse

                  There are no results that meet this criteria.

                  Sidebar Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X