X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timmy tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by injunboy View Post
    im a firm believer in the fact that behind every great man theres an even better woman.

the womans role in life changes when she has a baby. up until that life enters the world shes living for herself. when the baby takes his first breath of life that breath is on the babys own. after that, every breath and everything else the child does is up to the mother. i love to see a good mother who lives for her children. not just making the decisions and the overall welfare but to actually tell them the stories and share what makes us who we are. i cant say enough about all the responibilites. to actually put your own life aside and provide for the child is beyond anything i can ever say. im not even surprised to know the tribes survived some impossible things. the mothers made it happen.

Thank you for that. It's exactly how I feel and am about things.

I've always believed and been told by my elders that it takes a village to raise a child. And in theory that's all good. And if for any reason that the birth momma can't be there, then the next one should just step up. Well, that next one was me. I gave birth to one child, but I've helped to and raised my nieces and nephew(s) for reasons that I won't go into. I gave up my life for them, was there for them and even went with out sleep to care for them. I was getting about 3-4 hours of sleep a night for almost 5 years. I'm not sorry for that and I don't regret it at all. I just did it without really thinking about it, it was done and that was that.

My ex could never understand it, he was raised that you raise your kids and don't worry about other's. He's German.LOL

But I'm a mother--that's all I am and all I know. It's not a job or something that I just say here or there, it's totally who I am in every facet of the word. I don't know anything else. I know how to do a few things here and there, but being a mother is totally who I am.

And I still take care of children when ever I can. My son is 21 years old now, my nieces and nephew's range from 11 years old to 20 years old and I would still give my last breath if they need something and they all know it. It's who I am.

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    im a firm believer in the fact that behind every great man theres an even better woman.

the womans role in life changes when she has a baby. up until that life enters the world shes living for herself. when the baby takes his first breath of life that breath is on the babys own. after that, every breath and everything else the child does is up to the mother. i love to see a good mother who lives for her children. not just making the decisions and the overall welfare but to actually tell them the stories and share what makes us who we are. i cant say enough about all the responibilites. to actually put your own life aside and provide for the child is beyond anything i can ever say. im not even surprised to know the tribes survived some impossible things. the mothers made it happen.

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    i know huh winyan. we got through valentines day and mothers day and when FATHERS DAY coming up all of a sudden she dont wanna play now! sheesh lol umm can u get sick o the holidays after we munch on fathers day..!

Leave a comment:

• Lakota_winyan
    replied
    k...one thing I would change about mother's day??? nothing cuz nothing special happens..that day..lol..sisters always give each other gifts so that hasn't changed in forever and we do most or all of the cookin anywayz..

oh n injun maybe she was giving you a hint..but u decided on commercial so..umm she prob was testing you...lol..maybe.

Leave a comment:

• neling4
    replied
    haha total obedience??? o man, i believe in selective obedience lol close enough huh?
    Oh, I don't know. I think I already get selective obedience. My kids select when to obey me, and when to not obey me, but I guess that's as close as I will get.

Leave a comment:

• SuzzeQ4
    replied
    well thanks, I had a great day. I slept in, had breakfast in bed, as gifts I got a huge azz spool of beading thread, needles, bees wax, a paper flower, home made card, the kids cleaned their rooms and my little brainiac child wrote a test for me to take (he thinks tests are fun) My husband made sushi, tempura, rice and miso soup for dinner. If I could change anything, the kids would never fight. I choose my husband cause he's funny, hard workin' goood and attractive...plus I knew he liked kids cause he used to be my babysitter

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    so congrats to all of the mothers out there. hope you all have a wonderful day whereever you are.

so that being said..

what would you change?

how did you decide on the father?

one dream gift that you would like?

answer them all.. or just ones fine

once again have a wonderful day
    Thank you for that too.

What would I change? Hmm, probably that I would have left his father along time ago and maybe would have a couple of more kids running around.LOL Maybe.

I was married to my son's father and that I don't regret 'cause I have a wonderful son.

Dream gift? Well, I guess maybe my tropical vacation.LOL Still looking forward to that one someday.

As for being confused. Oh I am so not confused. I know exactly what I want. But when a man says "Explain please". Hmm, I'd rather show then tell.LMAO Especially if he's cute.LOL

And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Leave a comment:

• Wangi Chetan
    replied
    so congrats to all of the mothers out there. hope you all have a wonderful day whereever you are.

so that being said..

what would you change?

what would you change? Not one thing!!!

how did you decide on the father? He was the one sent to me.

one dream gift that you would like? Hard choice between Peace and healthy happy children both world wide

Leave a comment:

• Blackbear
    replied
    Thanks for the well wishes and happy mothers day from me as well to everyone else.

I got donkey kong and resident evil and a screen door for gifts... but the best gift I could have gotten is my daughter getting laryngitis for a week! Got dang pre teens... smart mouths and backtalk just ruin days like this for me....

Leave a comment:

• tinytotprincess
    replied
    :idiot
    Originally posted by 50cal View Post
    LOL!!..............sorry bro.............women are just confused, they dont know what they want..........LOL!!!!
    I think if we knew what we wanted. It wouldn't be fun. Always keep them guessing.lol

Leave a comment:

• tinytotprincess
    replied

so that being said..

what would you change?

giving birth made you smarter

I was married to him, I don't think I could do it with anyone else. He keeps me laughing so I can stay sane.

I would love to go to Ireland
    Last edited by tinytotprincess; 05-11-2009, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 50cal
    replied
    LOL!!..............sorry bro.............women are just confused, they dont know what they want..........LOL!!!!

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    well its going okay i guess,

the woman said shes tired of the fake holidays. valentines day mothes day fathers day etc. she said we should take a year off of the fake ones and just let them pass!! haha i was all quiet trying to figure this one out.. maybe shes serious maybe she just testing mee..

my response, its pretty commercial anyways huh? haha it worked cause its the last i heard about it.

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    Originally posted by neling4 View Post
    Thank you injunboy!

What would I change? Nothing

How did I decide on the father? I was already married to him.

My dream gift? Total obedience.
    haha total obedience??? o man, i believe in selective obedience lol close enough huh?

Leave a comment:

• ok24stacey
    replied
    [email protected] meeni miney mo! you shoulda said cause he was the biggest piece of sexual chocolate in the rooom! hahaha
    Change that to the biggest piece at the 49 and you are onto something. LMAO.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X