Skating With the Stars in So Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skating With the Stars in So Cal

Come out for a family night of Skating and support Southern California Indian Center's food bank.

This is a fundraiser to support SCIC's efforts in providing food and emergency needs to American Indians, Alaskan Natives, & Native Hawaiins who reside in the Los Angeles and Orange Counties of Southern California.

Starring Alex Meraz, Rudy Youngblood, Brian Wescott, Michelle Shining Elk, Crystle Lightning, Eva Thomas, Kateri Walker and others.

Sunday, June 28, 2009
    5:30pm-7:30pm

Moonlight Rollerway
    5110 San Fernando Blvd.
    Glendale, CA

$10 per skater (includes skates)
    $5 per non-skater

Bring a non-perishable food item to recieve a chance to win one of many great prizes.
    Attached Files

Hey that sounds cool! Too bad I'm not in the area.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

I am from a small island at the west coast of our country, I don't know any of those people you talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by badmaninc View Post
        I am from a small island at the west coast of our country, I don't know any of those people you talked about.
        Well to give you an idea most are all Actors, others are very involved in the entertainment arena here in the Los Angeles area and play a big role in supporting American Indians in Film.

Here is a brief rundown of the said people in my original post.

Alex Meraz is now an offical cast member of the Twilight Movie Series, he is set to play one of the local native wolves in the next three sequals.

Rudy Youngblood starred in the leading role of Jaguar Paw in the epic film, Apocalypto.

Brian Wescott played as "Barney" in the 2001 film Christmas in the Clouds.

Michelle Shining Elk is Representing Natives in the entertainment industries by way of Talent Management, Publicity, Promotions & Marketing

Crystle Lightning, her most noted role being her portrayal of Lori Piestewa in Saving Jessica Lynch.

Eva Thomas has starred in many on stage theater pieces all over the world, from London to NYC. She has also taken the lead on several short films produced and written by American Indians.

Kateri Walker appeared in movies such as K-Pax and The Scarlet Letter and TV shows including As the World Turns.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Chey_Ojib View Post
          Come out for a family night of Skating and support Southern California Indian Center's food bank.

This is a fundraiser to support SCIC's efforts in providing food and emergency needs to American Indians, Alaskan Natives, & Native Hawaiins who reside in the Los Angeles and Orange Counties of Southern California.

Starring Alex Meraz, Rudy Youngblood, Brian Wescott, Michelle Shining Elk, Crystle Lightning, Eva Thomas, Kateri Walker and others.

Sunday, June 28, 2009
          5:30pm-7:30pm

Moonlight Rollerway
          5110 San Fernando Blvd.
          Glendale, CA

$10 per skater (includes skates)
          $5 per non-skater

Bring a non-perishable food item to recieve a chance to win one of many great prizes.
          Cool event!

Post it here to promote it!

www.nativegatherings.com
          New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
            Cool event!

Post it here to promote it!

www.nativegatherings.com

Will do...thanks Paul!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
              Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
              by OLChemist
              *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
              06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
            • NahimanaSung
              Hosting young girl in rez
              by NahimanaSung
              Hey!

I'm half Lakota/Dakota native american, currently living in France. I'm 18 years old, and at a point in my life where I really feel the need to explore my ancestry and learn more about my culture.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum or way to ask,...
              03-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X