'Spectacular' Views of Space Station This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Spectacular' Views of Space Station This Weekend

Over the 4th of July weekend, Americans will have "spectacular views" of the International Space Station as it makes several passes over the country, NASA said Tuesday.

The space station orbits Earth every 90 minutes in a constantly changing pattern. It is brighter than any stars in the sky right now, typically visible near dawn and just after dusk, weather permitting.

SPACE.com -- NASA: Expect 'Spectacular' Views of Space Station This Weekend

Looks like the end is in the near future:

Space Station Is Near Completion, Maybe the End

Plan to 'De-Orbit' in 2016 Is Criticized

<TABLE id=content_column_table style="CLEAR: both; FLOAT: right" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=238 sizset="154" sizcache="0"><TBODY sizset="154" sizcache="0"><TR sizset="154" sizcache="0"><TD width=10></TD><TD width=228 sizset="154" sizcache="0"> The international space station, as seen from the space shuttle Discovery. The station is scheduled to be completed next year, then returned to Earth in 2016. (Courtesy Of Nasa)
    Enlarge Photo

<SCRIPT src="http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/article/js/storyPageTools.js"></SCRIPT>
    TOOLBOX

washingtonpost.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>By Joel Achenbach
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Monday, July 13, 2009

A number of times in recent weeks a bright, unblinking light has appeared in the night sky of the nation's capital: a spaceship. Longer than a football field, weighing 654,000 pounds, the spaceship moved swiftly across the heavens and vanished.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
      Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
      by OLChemist
      *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
      06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
    • NahimanaSung
      Hosting young girl in rez
      by NahimanaSung
      Hey!

I'm half Lakota/Dakota native american, currently living in France. I'm 18 years old, and at a point in my life where I really feel the need to explore my ancestry and learn more about my culture.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum or way to ask,...
      03-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X