Best looking imitation Hawk feathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best looking imitation Hawk feathers?

My son wants desperately to wear a red-tailed hawk tail feather in his hair after his upcoming birthday. I'm reluctant to have him wear a real one (for fear of loss or harassment), but wouldn't mind a nice scalplock made with a painted imitation.

Problem it, a LOT of those hand-painted hawk tail feathers look really cheap. The brush strokes are obvious because they're rushed, and they just look tacky.

Who sells the finest-quality imitation hawk feathers?

Megwetch!

Originally posted by Smokinghawk View Post
    My son wants desperately to wear a red-tailed hawk tail feather in his hair after his upcoming birthday. I'm reluctant to have him wear a real one (for fear of loss or harassment), but wouldn't mind a nice scalplock made with a painted imitation.

Problem it, a LOT of those hand-painted hawk tail feathers look really cheap. The brush strokes are obvious because they're rushed, and they just look tacky.

Who sells the finest-quality imitation hawk feathers?

Megwetch!
    Go to siouxspecialties.com.Andrew makes the best imit. hawk feathers I've ever seen.He does both wing and tail feathers,and they look awesome!!keep smilin'1

Comment

Originally posted by apacheheart View Post
      Go to siouxspecialties.com.Andrew makes the best imit. hawk feathers I've ever seen.He does both wing and tail feathers,and they look awesome!!keep smilin'1
      Wow, that's exactly who I was looking at! Unfortunately, there's no answer from email or phone messages for three weeks now. I likes his best, too, but maybe he's away for a while??

Comment

Wow, that's exactly who I was looking at! Unfortunately, there's no answer from email or phone messages for three weeks now. I likes his best, too, but maybe he's away for a while??
        He is a very busy guy,so keep trying him.There are several guys who do great imit.eagles,but andrew is the only guy out there I know who does hawk tails and as far as i'm concerned,the best at it.I have some of his feathers,which I use for educational purposes,and of course to wear in hats and dance in,and they are just fantastic.I know he's been having a hard time tryingf to find a good supplier for the feathers he uses(he's been known to sort through POUNDS of feathers just to get a mere handful that he can actually use).But don't give up..he loves to do this.good luck...and keep smilin'1

Comment

Originally posted by apacheheart View Post
          He is a very busy guy,so keep trying him.There are several guys who do great imit.eagles,but andrew is the only guy out there I know who does hawk tails and as far as i'm concerned,the best at it.I have some of his feathers,which I use for educational purposes,and of course to wear in hats and dance in,and they are just fantastic.I know he's been having a hard time tryingf to find a good supplier for the feathers he uses(he's been known to sort through POUNDS of feathers just to get a mere handful that he can actually use).But don't give up..he loves to do this.good luck...and keep smilin'1
          Since you mentioned it, then, who's doing the best Eagles?

I got children who want to wear them, but shouldn't risk damaging the real thing until they're more experienced.

Comment

Since you mentioned it, then, who's doing the best Eagles?

I got children who want to wear them, but shouldn't risk damaging the real thing until they're more experienced.
            Besides Andrew,there is also Bob Bass reallegalfeathers.com,some of the best black and whites out there,nice and big!! Try him...you won't be dissapointed!!keep smilin'1

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X