Turning over a new leaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning over a new leaf

In light of the new rules and regulations that have been imposed on the users of powwows.com, I have decided to start a thread to commemorate our now G-rated website. Post your favorite nursery rhyme, or any nursery rhyme for that matter, to show your appreciation for and your cooperation with the always mindful moderators of powwows.com and their willingness to babysit us, keeping our best interest in mind at all times by censoring four letter words and sexual references that we would otherwise not hear or see unless we ventured so far as to turn on the TV or the radio, open up a magazine or newspaper, or even hung out on the playground at the local elementary school with the fifth and sixth graders. I hope the innocence of this thread sets a precedent for all threads that are created from now on.

***** cat, ***** cat, where have you been?
    I've been to London to visit the queen

***** cat, ***** cat, what did you there?
    I frightened a little mouse under the chair.
    ~KB~

Ok I think we've gone a little too far now. I can't even post a nursery rhyme without it being censored?!?!
    ~KB~

Comment

thanks for the public announcement... we'll be sure to adhere to such restrictions imposed upon us

*now time for famous quote!*
      "DAMN POST NAZI'S!" (NO POSTS FOR YOU FOR TWO WEEKS!)

ahahhahah... check me out! jibbs u have sucha heroine mentality!! :p
      "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Man Kool Breeze don't worry bout it. Nothing but a few haters up on here, someone just needs to redirect them over to the haters thread. Oh and here are the meanings of the first word in your nursery ryhmes your jammin:

puss(1)Informal, A cat.
        puss(2)Slang, The face.
        puss-y(1)Informal, A cat.
        pus-sy(2)Resembling or containing pus.
        pus-sy-cat- A cat.

So now I see that words that aren't even within the dictionary as being inappropriate are no longer allowed to be used in the correct sense within a sentence either? LOL

I'mma go git mah bootz on fo sho!
        There should be a law against stupid people being able to breed!

Comment

Re: Turning over a new leaf

Originally posted by Kool Breeze
          In light of the new rules and regulations that have been imposed on the users of powwows.com, I have decided to start a thread to commemorate our now G-rated website. Post your favorite nursery rhyme, or any nursery rhyme for that matter, to show your appreciation for and your cooperation with the always mindful moderators of powwows.com and their willingness to babysit us, keeping our best interest in mind at all times by censoring four letter words and sexual references that we would otherwise not hear or see unless we ventured so far as to turn on the TV or the radio, open up a magazine or newspaper, or even hung out on the playground at the local elementary school with the fifth and sixth graders. I hope the innocence of this thread sets a precedent for all threads that are created from now on.

***** cat, ***** cat, where have you been?
          I've been to London to visit the queen

***** cat, ***** cat, what did you there?
          I frightened a little mouse under the chair.
          :rofl2: :rofl2: That is funny s**t!!! Oh my bad.... That is funny poo.
          Red Bear

"I can only show you the door, you have to open it."

Comment

its a shame that stupidity isnt painful

Comment

Re: Re: Turning over a new leaf

Originally posted by redbear
              That is funny s**t!!! Oh my bad.... That is funny poo.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
              suddenly censorship has become quite entertaining!
              "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jammer
                Man Kool Breeze don't worry bout it. Nothing but a few haters up on here, someone just needs to redirect them over to the haters thread. Oh and here are the meanings of the first word in your nursery ryhmes your jammin:

puss(1)Informal, A cat.
                puss(2)Slang, The face.
                puss-y(1)Informal, A cat.
                pus-sy(2)Resembling or containing pus.
                pus-sy-cat- A cat.

So now I see that words that aren't even within the dictionary as being inappropriate are no longer allowed to be used in the correct sense within a sentence either? LOL

I'mma go git mah bootz on fo sho!
                :mrcool:
                believe in yourself

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Turning over a new leaf

Originally posted by bushy_braids
                  AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
                  suddenly censorship has become quite entertaining!
                  Yes, the CAT is OUT OF THE BAG...Oops, is that allowed??

Comment

This morning my rooster woke up and said
                    "****adoodledoo!"

So I woke up to pick some *****willows.

Hickory ****ory dock
                    three mice ran up the clock
                    the clock struck one
                    and killed the other two.
                    It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

Inky pinky ponky
                      Daddy had a donkey
                      Donkey died
                      daddy cried
                      inky pinky ponky:D :Chatter
                      (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

Originally posted by ndn_butterfly
                        Inky pinky ponky
                        Daddy had a donkey
                        Donkey died
                        daddy cried
                        inky pinky ponky:D :Chatter
                        Why is this rhyme so dang funny to me. Cracked me up:Chatter
                        It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

how come I dont get it ...let me call one of my grand kids to they can translate ...
                          Any who I thought it was up to the moderator to dump threads that were deemed not suitable ...how come now the job is all important an all like that ?
                          If ppl were doing something wrong before hey should have told them then ..not 3 years later ...anyway ..
                          Sorry cant think of any nursery things my kids are long grown up an so are the grand kids ..I wait for there visits so they can catch me up on the here an now slangs an stuff ...
                          I think I might go back to bed ...
                          Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
                          Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

Originally posted by kneegrow_native
                            Why is this rhyme so dang funny to me. Cracked me up:Chatter
                            Ya know for some strange reason, I found that hysterical myself! :Chatter :Chatter
                            Red Bear

"I can only show you the door, you have to open it."

Comment

Cuz its awesome:D lol..I remember singin that every so often when I was a kid..dumb rhyme but it kicks..um bum:p
                              (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.