Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

idea:What native drum groups you want to see on Time Warp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea:What native drum groups you want to see on Time Warp?

Anyone watch the show I think on Discovery called Time Warp? It's the show where they take high speed digital video of various things like for example fireworks & play them at slow speeds. Here's an idea for everyone-have a Native american drum group such as Black Lodge Singers or other drum group on there & high speed video of them striking the drum as loud,hard & fast as possible & play back the slow motion video of what happens to the drum as the beater sticks slam down onto it's surface as well as what happens to the beater sticks. Here's a clip from that show ,but not the idea I described.<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cGpKM9JlxFg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cGpKM9JlxFg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> also how abut having the Time Warp crew get high speed video of various powwow dances & dance moves?

At first I thought the idea sounded boring, but the more I thought about it I began to wonder considering the physics involved. I'd give it a try myself to capture it but I don't really have access to equipment that can shoot more than 60 full frames a second where as the Time Warp people are using Photron cameras to capture images at 1,500fps and higer. Their cameras go in upwards 1,000,000fps, which is insane! The prices, from I gather can go up to $100,000 and more. You can purchase a point and shoot digital camera from Casio that does 1,000fps for like $300 but the high speed footage isn't really great, model is EX-FS10, and EX-FH20.

This technique is called "overcranking" in where you capture the image at a very high speed and when its played back on a TV (around 29.97fps) it appears slow because the 1,000 frames you took in one second are going to about 34 seconds to play. An interesting little fact the fastest camera ever built could do 200 million fps, but it required something like 30kilovolts of power to work.
    CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
    sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

I think it would be cool to see some of the dancers like this too. After watching that show, I looked into some cameras to take to the next webcast. But couldn't find any in my price range!
      New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

You can rent them but the average price is like $2,000 per day for the same Photron Fastcam SA1 that Time Warp uses.
        CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
        sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

i love Time Warp. i was just thinking of them doing footage of dancers, partuclarly the fancy feather dancers.
          Bahnisiain

Comment

Here is the link to send them show suggestions.

Forums - Powered by Eve For Enterprise
            New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
              Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
              by OLChemist
              *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
              06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
            • TigerEyes214
              Neverending Game
              by TigerEyes214
              k. I didn't see any game like this before so....short and sweet here goes:

Last one to post wins!!! GO!!!!!!

(so far I'm the winner) :taunting:
              05-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X