Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NativeChick509
    replied
    LOL my first internet website i went too was Powwows.com in '98 I think...haha

Leave a comment:

• caity
    replied
    I still remember the very first time I got online - it was in 1996 at a library branch - and the first website that I visited - Oh Boy Records, to see if John Prine was playing any shows near here.

The Telegraph posted an article yesterday about how different websites have evolved through the years. This was Google in the late nineties...

Leave a comment:

• 2lineCarrandMorgan
    replied
    Bill Bradley was in my cab fro about 4 hr he was nice and called me Jenny by the end of his day of app.driving him around. ...at frist i did not know who he was i got the job after his car was later he called some ppl and told them what he was doing and i still did not know who Bill Bradley was as he was making phone calls and saying his name any way he gave me a 30 . mim brake during a meeting and i went to the car wash and asked a woman cop who was getting her car washed i asked who is Bill Bradley she said you mean the sentor of ...... and a presandent candait and a basketball star that Bill Bradley..yes lol i was amazed. it was wonderous ...,some time later i learnd what a good friend he is and the work he has done on behalf of the ppls. he should have won.
    Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 09-02-2009, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Josiah
    replied
    Happy Birthday
    And lets not forget GUI either
    Without it this would be a pain in the arse

Leave a comment:

• Toolbox
    replied
    In fact it was Tim Berners-Lee, of CERN in Europe who coined the term "Internet". Al Gore did little more than help to allocate federal money to develop the internet. I wonder if he even knows how internet is even structered? Ask him to tell you what an IPX is, or a POP server does, he'd prolly tell you that hes too busy saving the world from ManBearPig (give yourself a round of applause if you know where thats from), or something lol.

Leave a comment:

• xTekno
    replied
    How old was Al Gore at the time?

Gore and the Internet

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet" Gore said when asked to cite accomplishments that separate him from another Democratic presidential hopeful, former Sen. Bill Bradley of New Jersey, during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN on March 9, 1999.

Gore supported technological advances related to the advancement of the Internet, but to say that HE took the initiative in creating the Internet is a bit much.
    Last edited by xTekno; 09-02-2009, 07:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Toolbox
    started a topic Happy Birthday Internet

Happy Birthday Internet

Thats right today marks the 40th birthday of what we now call the internet. It all started with 2 computers, a message processor and a few feet of cable in 1969 to over 500 million + computers and millions of miles of cables and network hardware. Full story here: Internet Turns 40 | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/01/2009

Now enjoy your cake:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
    by OLChemist
    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
    06-21-2021, 12:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X