Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timmy tiger
    replied
    Thank you RDNKJ and Neling. I like those stories. The one was so very sweet and the other really cute too. I love all stories about kids.

But I really like "Hell Wheel's".

Yep, I think I'd do the same thing.LMAO

too funny

Leave a comment:

• neling4
    replied
    "Hell wheels"

My son and daughter had names for their belly buttons: My son called his, "Billy Bump", and my daughter called hers, "Elly Button".

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    replied
    This falls under the category of kids say the darndest things:

I have twin nieces. They're grown up now, but this took place when they were little girls.

I forget how old they were, but it was that age when little girls start being interested in "girly" things, playing with their mothers' make-up, and playing dress-up with her clothes, etc..

My sister-in-law had a couple pair of old pumps that she let the girls play with. They loved trying to walk in their mother's high heels.

They couldn't quite say "high heels," though, so they always asked their mother if they could wear her "hell wheels!"

My brothers and I agreed that "if a woman (of whatever age) got her hell wheels on - run for cover!"

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    replied
    I think I've told this story before, but it was so sweet it bears repeating.

This happened at Crow Fair 2008, one morning during the horse parade. There was a man and his little boy standing a few feet away from me watching the parade. I'm guessing the little boy was 3-4 years old. At the end of the parade when the people were throwing candy, the father told the boy to go out and get some.

So, the boy goes out and gathers a handful of candy. He comes back and is standing next to his father looking at his candy and then he (the boy) looks over at me and gets kind of a funny look on his face. So he looks back at the candy in his hands to see how much he had, and then picks out a couple pieces and comes over and hands them to me! He got a big grin on his face and then ran back to his dad.

I was really touched. Young children tend to be kinda selfish. I was so impressed that this little boy noticed that some ol' white guy didn't have any candy and made sure to share what he had!

Kudos to him and his parents for raising such a generous young man!

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    Well, I'll start it off:

I went to a pow wow this weekend and I saw an old friend that I haven't seen in a while and his girlfriend and her kids, I've seen them before but never met them.

Anyway this morning I was walking into the pow wow with my arms loaded, my bag, chair and cooler. A very nice young man came up to me and said "That looks aweful heavy for you. Here let me help you with that." and he took the cooler from me. He was no more then 12 years old. I thought that that was the sweetest thing that I've ever seen. He was talking to me and making sure that I was okay and all of that. I asked him who he was and he said that he was my friends step-son. So I knew exactly who he was, but not by name.

I was so proud and honored by him that I went up to his mother and told her about it and told her "Thank you" for such a wonderful child. And then when I was dancing in the circle I came upon his step father and I told him about it too and he was very happy.

He was so sweet that I want to do something really nice for him. I'm thinking about it, I have an idea and will get it to him somehow.

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    started a topic Story Time LOL

Story Time LOL

Okay, everyone who knows me knows that my favorite thing is to tell stories about my kids and the kids in my life. And I've been told by a few on here that they really like them.

But I don't just like to tell stories about kids, I also really like to hear stories about other's kids or grand kids. So here's a chance for everyone to share any story--new or old about any child in their life. And it can even be your dog or cat 'cause many consider their animal's as their children, I've told many stories of mine.LOL

I had a great conversation the other day with a good friend about kids and they shared some with me and had me cracking up. I've had some really good experiences in the past couple of weeks with kids and it's so awesome to be around them.

You can use one post or as many as you want, it doesn't all have to be in one post--everyone knows mine aren't.LOL

KIDS---GOTTA LOVE EM

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
    by OLChemist
    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
    06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
  • namamiinc
    Hello From FLorida
    by namamiinc
    I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
    12-01-2022, 07:14 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X