Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDNKJ
    replied
    I don't have kids of my own, so I have to wait until I hear stories about other people's kids. I thought this one was funny.

A friend of mine has 2 grandchildren: Frankie who is 5, and Olivia who is 3. Frankie is going through a whiny phase. Well, one day he was whining about something and his 3-y.o. sister gets this disgusted look on her face, puts one hand on her hip and says: Stop whining Frankie! You sound just like a 2-year-old!

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    Tonight was beggers night and my son came over for dinner and to help pass out candy, he actually passed it all out.LOL

Well, at one point he was passing out candy and I heard this little voice saying "I got two, I got two" and it was a 4 year old little girl, she was so excited that she got two pieces of candy and not just one. My son said that she was so excited that she was clear down the walk way and then she said "Thank you".

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    replied
    I never tried to eat off the floor like my brother, but I was curious about the cat food (kibble, not the canned stuff). So one day I decided to try it...got the box out from the cupboard and poured myself a handful. As I remember it, while it wasn't all that good, it wasn't bad either. That started a short-lived habit of grabbing a little kibble for a snack! Then one day, my mom sees me and asks what I'm eating. I still remember the look on her face when I answered: Friskies!

Ohh, was I in trouble!

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    When my son was about 8 years old he wanted another dog and I wasn't really all for it at first. I knew that I would wind up taking care of it.

Well his dad let him get this little puppy from down the street. At that time, still do too, there was a family of hawks that lived across the street in the woods and they had been seen picking up cats for breakfast. So my son's father told him that he can not leave the puppy outside alone 'cause he was smaller then the cats and the hawks might get him.

Well he was so small that he could get out of his collar really easily. But he never went beyond the edge of the yard, most of the time.LOL

One day he got loose and my son was running around the house calling for him. It was so funny, the puppy used to make my son chase him around the house before he would come in. Well, this one day the puppy went to the next door neighbors house and got up on their porch and sat there watching my crazy son run around the house calling his name. The neighbors were sitting in their living room with the door open watching the whole thing and they said it was the funniest thing they had ever seen. He just came up on their porch, sat down and peeked around the corner watching my son run around looking for him and calling his name--he just sat there.

Finally my son found him, after going around the house about 6 times.

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    When my son was about 6 months old his dad wanted to get a dog. Well they grew up together.

When my son was almost 2 years old we noticed that he would be in the kitchen alot when the dog was in there eating. So we checked on that several times and it was all cool. Then one day I walked in and there was my son laying on his tummy on the floor with his face down in the dogs dish. I picked him up and he had a mouth full of dog food.LOL So we had to watch him really closely after that, we did before but then really well after that.LOL

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    LOL--okay guys now those are really funny stories.

When I was younger we had a cat that loved chocolate. Okay, so she was a little weird.

Well, one day my younger sister and I were sitting on my bed playing cards and eating brownies and the cat was there, of course. Well, my sister put a brownie in her mouth (1/2 in and 1/2 out) to play her hand. Well the cat got up in her face. Had her paws on my sister's legs and was moving her head into my sister's face. My sister started backing away and grunting "uh, uh, uh" and the cat just reached up and took the other half of the brownie right out of her mouth.

I think my sister had to change her panties at that time.LMAO It was so funny and freaked her out.

Leave a comment:

• NorthofAda
    replied
    My 11-year-old had to go get shots today for school, and I took her and the 3-year-old to McDonald's for lunch afterwards. I got one of those grilled southwest chicken salads. Well, my 3-year-old says, "Mom, what you eating?" I said, "Salad." She answered, "Oh. So you're eating grass." Gotta love it.

Of course this morning she marched into the bathroom where I was fixing my hair and said, "Mom! I'm eating boogies." Then proceeded to shove her index finger up her nose. I thought only boys did that, LOL!

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenga View Post
    my little sister thought the dog was her brother until she was about 7 years old. She told her class about her siblings and didn't leave out Barkley. Her classmates were the ones that caught on the Barkley's difference first asking why did Barkley have to pee outside and eat on the floor
    That's funny!

When my middle brother was little we had a couple of weimareiners. He thought it wasn't fair that we got to eat at the table and the dogs had to eat on the floor. Mom caught him a couple times with his plate on the floor, trying to eat like the dogs!

Leave a comment:

• jeenga
    replied
    my little sister thought the dog was her brother until she was about 7 years old. She told her class about her siblings and didn't leave out Barkley. Her classmates were the ones that caught on the Barkley's difference first asking why did Barkley have to pee outside and eat on the floor

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    Well, I'm sitting here today just think of old wonderful times gone by. A very old and dear friend of my families passed away the other night. He was like a second grandfather to my son and was always very good to my ex and I. Today are the calling hours and tomorrow is his funeral and he will be very greatly missed. He and his wife and their three kids, who are my age, were always good to us.

Well one day there was a knock on the door. I went to answer it and there was the second son from next door. He was standing there leaning back with a very weird look on his face looking over at his house.LOL I said "What's wrong" and he said "That's just not right".LOL I said "What's not right?" and he said "When I knocked on your door---my dogs started to bark".

They had 4 dogs at the time and we had a couple too. But it was their dogs that were barking.LMAO

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    There are some kids that you can joke with and they will laugh. And then there are some kids that take every word that you say literally.

When my youngest sister was about 4 years old, our mom had a boyfriend and he would get a little flip here and there and my other sister and I kind of would laugh and crack back.

Well this one time he was at our house and my youngest sister was there and just being a normal 4 year old. Well he turned around and said to her "Hey kid, why don't you just hit the pavement" and he laughed.

A few minutes later our mom had noticed that she hadn't seen my sister, so she got up and went looking for her and there she was outside in the middle of the street, down on her knees, using her open hand actually smacking the pavement.

We laughed about that for a very long time and every once in a while we still tease her about that.LOL

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    Yeah, thanks RDNKJ

I was so amazed and impressed with him that I went and made sure that I kept going with the conversation for as long as he was standing there. He was so very sweet about it.

"Puppy Lips".LMAO That's funny and reminds me of a story about my youngest sister

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    replied
    Timmy Tiger, good for your friends' son that he came up to you on his own and talked. I was painfully shy as a child, so I know how hard initiating a conversation can be, even with people you know!

Funny thing is, and I've heard this about other people too - even as a child when I was so shy - I've never had any fear of public speaking or any kind of stage fright!

But, back to kid stories...

The house I grew up in had a brick front porch, so it didn't have a smooth surface. If it was nighttime Mom and Dad would turn on the porch light and let me ride my trike out front. Since the surface wasn't smooth, I fell on my face quite a few times. Mom would always tell me it was nothing, but I was gonna have a "puffy lip." I was convinced she was saying that I was gonna have "puppy lips!"

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    There's this really nice couple that i know and I'm always talking to the wife while the husband is on the drum. They have a young son and I've known them since he was about 4 years old or so and he's now about 9 years old. Everytime that I see them and he's with them I always smile at him or say "Hi baby" (I say that to all the kids 'cause they're all babies) and he will just smile. He's very shy and doesn't usually say much.

Well, two weeks ago I was at a pow wow and they showed up. I saw the parents for just a few seconds as they were walking around. Dang I was swamped that weekend. All of a sudden a young boy came up to my spot and it was their son. He stood at the edge of my table and looked at me and smiled and said "Hi how are you? Are you having a good day?" and he stood their for a few minutes and we actually had a short and very sweet conversation. That was really the first time and I just saw his parents again this past weekend and I told his momma about it and she was really happy that he did that.

Leave a comment:

• timmy tiger
    replied
    I have twin nieces too and they are 6 years old now. They are so very cute.

Well a few months back the family went to a yard sale and they found an exercise bike and the girls got all excited and wanted it. So they got it and the whole family uses it now.

They are always teasing me about being so short. My bro is 6'4" and his wife is about 5'6" (something like that) and then the girls are little but they all say that soon they will be taller then I am.LOL

Well one day their momma had been on it and then the younger of the twins decided that she wanted to ride it. And she said "Daddy, why is it so hard for me to ride the bike today?" And he told her that her momma was just on it. She said "So, she doesn't need to move the seat up that high" and he said "Well your momma's legs are longer." And the baby said "No they're not. They're short and stubby like Aunties!!!"

Their momma went "WHAT?!!!"

I guess they can't pick on me that much now.LMAO

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
    by OLChemist
    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
    06-21-2021, 12:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X