Martin Luther King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Luther King

Happy MLK Day! Some of the regulars must have the day off.

Has anybody heard that Martin Luther King is part Cherokee?
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

No, I didn't know that! Awesome.

Comment

we currenly on a trip to SC and currently in memphis.. annd i dont know the average number of blacks downtown but it seemed like there was a ton more than usual. lol soo later on during the newscast things cleared up for mee when they said memphis was the spot his famous march took place. so i felt like an idiot for a bit.

i get the fact that MLK marched and gave speeches but that isnt legislation, writing policy, or making a new law.. actually it isnt really anything. i get the his point lol but who did the actual wrk? was it the president himself? umm a kennedy?

we cruised MLK blvd here and its not a street you want to hang out on lol even on this special day. this city is more about Elvis than anything soo if they cant even get their act together here then we should re evaluate this whole MLK thing.
      thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by injunboy View Post
        we currenly on a trip to SC and currently in memphis.. annd i dont know the average number of blacks downtown but it seemed like there was a ton more than usual. lol soo later on during the newscast things cleared up for mee when they said memphis was the spot his famous march took place. so i felt like an idiot for a bit.

i get the fact that MLK marched and gave speeches but that isnt legislation, writing policy, or making a new law.. actually it isnt really anything. i get the his point lol but who did the actual wrk? was it the president himself? umm a kennedy?

we cruised MLK blvd here and its not a street you want to hang out on lol even on this special day. this city is more about Elvis than anything soo if they cant even get their act together here then we should re evaluate this whole MLK thing.
        Yes speeches, marches and boycotts are one thing. He propelled the civil rights movement with all the momentum he could have with the time he had. But I think that to look at the overwhelming number of people who do not live to their full potential NOW, and then say all that MLK did THEN was for squat is ridiculous.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
          Hello From FLorida
          by namamiinc
          I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
          12-01-2022, 07:14 AM
        • OLChemist
          Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
          by OLChemist
          *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
          06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X