Winter Games Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chief Cliff Singers
    Here's a story about them that was posted on Indianz a while back.

Lake County Leader Archives News Page

Comment

Here's another article with a little more info:
      Char-Koosta News - Official Newspaper of the Salish and Kootenai Tribes - Chief Cliff Drum and Ktunaxa dancers to perform at Winter Olympics

Can someone please send me a ticket to Vancouver to go check it out on Friday?
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
        Here's another article with a little more info:
        Char-Koosta News - Official Newspaper of the Salish and Kootenai Tribes - Chief Cliff Drum and Ktunaxa dancers to perform at Winter Olympics

Can someone please send me a ticket to Vancouver to go check it out on Friday?
        thats was a nice article Wyo, thx
        thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Anybody see badmaninc? I'm sure he was all up in the mix!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Thanks Kakee and Wyo for sending the links about the Chief Cliff Drum group's participation! What a great opportunity!

It is interesting to learn that there are 2 Kootenai bands in the United States and 5 bands in Canada.

There are always two sides to every story.....

What does everyone think about the Indigenous groups who are protesting and oppose the Winter Olympics being held on traditonal sites?
            Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Found this incredible photo! Click it to see it full size!

New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                Found this incredible photo! Click it to see it full size!

Great photo and he was dancing real good! Loved to see all the dancers at the Opening Ceremony. Am hoping for more at the closer.
                Shawl Lady

Comment

ya it was pretty kewl too see locals in there...my bestest g/f Garry was in there wearing fur and a cedar hat and carryin a drum..he loved the experience and said it was once in a lifetime for him and hes so glad he did it.

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
                  When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

so whos the dancer in the pic?
                    thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post

It is interesting to learn that there are 2 Kootenai bands in the United States and 5 bands in Canada.
                      You might find it interesting too, that the Kutenai language isn't related to any other language.
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
                        Hello From FLorida
                        by namamiinc
                        I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                        12-01-2022, 07:14 AM
                      • OLChemist
                        Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                        by OLChemist
                        *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                        06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X