X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoMe View Post

It is interesting to learn that there are 2 Kootenai bands in the United States and 5 bands in Canada.
    You might find it interesting too, that the Kutenai language isn't related to any other language.

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    so whos the dancer in the pic?

Leave a comment:

• *Brown Eyed Gurl*
    replied
    ya it was pretty kewl too see locals in there...my bestest g/f Garry was in there wearing fur and a cedar hat and carryin a drum..he loved the experience and said it was once in a lifetime for him and hes so glad he did it.

Leave a comment:

• Shawl Lady
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul G View Post
    Found this incredible photo! Click it to see it full size!

Great photo and he was dancing real good! Loved to see all the dancers at the Opening Ceremony. Am hoping for more at the closer.

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    Found this incredible photo! Click it to see it full size!

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Thanks Kakee and Wyo for sending the links about the Chief Cliff Drum group's participation! What a great opportunity!

It is interesting to learn that there are 2 Kootenai bands in the United States and 5 bands in Canada.

There are always two sides to every story.....

What does everyone think about the Indigenous groups who are protesting and oppose the Winter Olympics being held on traditonal sites?

Leave a comment:

• Joe's Dad
    replied
    Anybody see badmaninc? I'm sure he was all up in the mix!

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Here's another article with a little more info:
    Char-Koosta News - Official Newspaper of the Salish and Kootenai Tribes - Chief Cliff Drum and Ktunaxa dancers to perform at Winter Olympics

Can someone please send me a ticket to Vancouver to go check it out on Friday?
    thats was a nice article Wyo, thx

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Here's another article with a little more info:
    Char-Koosta News - Official Newspaper of the Salish and Kootenai Tribes - Chief Cliff Drum and Ktunaxa dancers to perform at Winter Olympics

Can someone please send me a ticket to Vancouver to go check it out on Friday?

Leave a comment:

• Kakeeya
    replied
    The Chief Cliff Singers
    Here's a story about them that was posted on Indianz a while back.

Lake County Leader Archives News Page

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Two people have told me that a drum from Kalispel, Montana was invited for the opening, Does anybody know who they were?

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    i thought i saw a friend, Teka LittleBear... it was so quick i had to ask him. he said yeah it was him

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Here's what was written in Indian Country Today newspaper:

Native representation strong at 2010 Olympics | Indian Country Today | ICT Global

Also included are the related comments.

Leave a comment:

• Joe G
    replied
    The daughter of our very own Middle of the Sky was one of the dancers.....!!! And another was a good friend of Brown Eyed Gurl....

Leave a comment:

• Shawl Lady
    replied
    Beautiful. Thank you for posting all the words.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
    by OLChemist
    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
    06-21-2021, 12:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X