Would your Mom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would your Mom?

What is something that your mother has done for you that shows how much she must love you?
    My mom is a phenomenal woman,and she has done many fantastic things for us over the years.Recently however I was reminded just how cool she is.

My older brother and I were coming home from some errands,and just up the road from the house we saw a dead male pheasant on the side of the road. Now, for this next bit to make sense you should know that I have small collection of various skulls,bones,teeth,feathers,and spurs.it's a weird hobby.
    So my brother asks if we want to stop and pick it up for feathers,he dropped me off at the house and while I explained to mom he went back and picked it up.Then my mother said "Take it up in the garage and pluck out what feathers you want and then after I nurse the baby I'll come over and we can skin it out."

Now how many mothers would,without blinking say "sure skin out road kill! Cool!"
    So now I have a lovely assortment of pheasant feathers,skins and claws!! Does anyone, mothers or children,have any similar awesome mom stories?

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
    - Solomon

My mom does a lot of things but skinning road kill is not one of them....lol. She does all the things normal for an NDN mom, picks and cans huckleberries and whatever she can get her hands on, grows a wonderful garden and sews all the time. She used to dig roots but its hard for her to get out there anymore, she's an elder now and she raised 9 of us through thick and thin. Never fails, whenever I go to visit her she's always sending me home with something, mostly fabric, she has that tradish spirit of giving that's been instilled upon us and we're always trying to do the same for others. I think we've all turned out to have good lives and our mom is still awesome.
    Kudos to you and your mom, I'll good rep you for posting this thread. :)

Comment

I don't know about traditional stuff, but this one nite I went to my mom and poured my heart out about my relationship with my husband, and she listened to me, didn't ask any questions, and then I said, what do you think mom? Should I try to leave him and file for divorce? And she said, that's not something I can answer for you, and my opinion on the matter will not change what you feel already. That's something that you have to decide.

I was kinda hurt by her answer, but looking at our conversation again, I realize that as hard as it was for her to bite her tongue because of her love for me, she did make me realize that she does love me enough for me to make my own decisions. Of course just last nite I was talking to my sister about the same situation and telling her what mom said and we was laughing about how she has changed from when we were teenagers to grown adults.

That's the way I can tell my mom loves me. Even though she doesn't like to see me hurting, she will always be supportive whether I stay and try to tough it out (cuz we sistahs aren't quitters!) or if we have had enough and need to throw in the towel.

Probably not something you wanted to hear. But hey, it took me a long time to realize that my mom is not like everyone else's mom. She's not kindhearted or has a giving nature, she is tough as nails and that's the way she raised us. To be able to make our own decisions. Well enough sharing, back to the arcade.
      Last edited by Chevy_truckin_NDN; 03-03-2010, 01:43 PM. Reason: i don't know how to spell towel.
      sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Thank you for posting,There is nothing wrong with what you posted Chevy Truckin NDN,You know it really takes a lot of love to tell someone the truth like that.Especially when it's your child,and you want to fix it or make it easier for them.Thanks again both of you.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
        - Solomon

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.