Would you buy a Toyota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy a Toyota?

You can probably get really good deals on them.
    Dreams feel real when we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Depends on what kind and which factory it was made in. But probably not...at least not right now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWolf89 View Post
      You can probably get really good deals on them.
      Yes! If I could find a model I fit in, I'm too tall!

Toyota will fix this problem, the media is blowing it out of proportion.

If you have decent credit history, they are offering 0% for 5 years, crazy!

They are knocked down, not knocked out...time to start dealing is now.
      sigpic

Comment

I own one

and I just passed 500,000 miles, and still, runs smooth as the day I got it.

Comment

I own one too, an '07 Tundra and its a big truck, when I got it I got a good deal. I love it, uses too much gas but I still love it.

Comment

Sorry NEVER, I support GMC, still made in North America!
            We talk about employment and supporting our own people, well Toyota now has to eat the crap it built, now even the Tundra is on the newest recall list of failures and flops!
            My GMC which I bought in 2003 brand spanking new with "O" as milage, now in 2010 I have 311000 logged on and the only thing that ever happens is oil changes every 5000!
            So to say it bluntly NO freakin toyotaaas in my driveway even if it were a vehicle given to me for free, they couldn't pay me to drive it!!!!
            Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
            Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

just as soon as the new supra comes out or tryina find that jzs160 lexus gs300. to make it go fast as hell scrapin the ground.

Comment

I really want to buy myself a Scion xA (which is made by Toyota). It seats 5 people, gets 35 mpg, and looks really cool.

Originally posted by Tibiki Kinew View Post

Check out the upcoming GMC Granite. It's a concept right now, but should enter production in a few years:

Dreams feel real when we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Piling On for Ratings

Piling on Toyota: The Media Storm Needs Some Context | BNET Auto Blog | BNET

Piling on Toyota: The Media Storm Needs Some Context
                  By Jim Motavalli | Mar 11, 2010

As a media phenomenon, the Toyota crisis shows no signs of dying down. Still, given Toyota’s largely exemplary safety record in the U.S., a case can be made that some news outlets on the prowl for ratings are piling on.

The sudden-acceleration issue is certainly real—and Toyota has handled it poorly. But should owners be scared out of their wits? A little context is helpful.

Let’s look at the record. Visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’ defects and recalls site, and you’ll find 1,438 overall problem reports on the Prius, 131 on the Camry—and just seven on the Honda Accord. (Many are cases of sudden acceleration, but lots of other things are reported, too.) That’s a damning preponderance of Toyotas.

But the longer-term and more specific record tells a different story. According to Olivia Alair, a spokeswoman for the Department of Transportation, from 2000 through the end of January 2010, the agency received 15,000 total sudden acceleration complaints. Ford had the most, with 3,526 of them. Toyota was in second place, with 2,600. Right behind were General Motors, with 2,250, Chrysler with 1,873 and Honda with 1,173.

And Toyota’s reputation for building safe cars is deserved. The 2010 Consumer Reports auto issue generally rates Toyotas favorably in such criteria as accident avoidance, crash protection, use of airbags and rollover performance. Among small cars, for instance, the Prius receives the top rating (a red circle) and is on an equal footing with the Volkswagen Golf and New Beetle, the Subaru Impreza/Outback Sport, the Mazda3 and Kia Soul. The rest have lower ratings.

The 2009 Prius also receives a perfect score in the reliability ratings.

None of this is to suggest that Toyota doesn’t have a major problem on its hands with sudden acceleration. As if to underscore the severity, Consumer Reports suspended its recommendation of eight popular Toyota models in January. But it may decide soon to reinstate the company’s coveted check marks.

“We’re monitoring developments in the Toyota story continuously and it’s clear that more information is coming to light all the time,” CU said in a statement. “A Consumer Reports recommendation is hard earned and we will only reinstate our suspended recommendations on the Toyota and Lexus models when we feel the time is right.”

Current events haven’t done Toyota any favors. On Monday, as the company tried to put sudden acceleration behind it with a major webcast aimed at challenging the credibility of some of its critics, a Prius ran away from its owner and reached 90 miles an hour on a San Diego highway. Soon after that, another one crashed into a stone wall in Harrison, New York, causing minor injuries.

The dramatic California case received blanket coverage on TV, newspapers and on the web. But it’s possible that the deluge of coverage was set in motion more by timing than other factors. NHTSA’s defects and recalls database bulges with many similar acceleration reports that vanish into the files.

That database does make terrifying reading, since there are many graphic descriptions of sudden acceleration. The owner of a 2010 Camry says that the problems persisted even after having the car went through the recall fix. “Something needs to be done before more people are killed,” the report says. Another owner adds, “There has been no improvement since the repairs (done March 2). In fact, it appears to have become more frequent.”

It is likely, however, that the nonstop media coverage has made people hyper-sensitive to problems in their Toyotas. Sudden acceleration has been reported in many other makes and models. “I was nearly killed by sudden acceleration in my Dodge RAM 1500,” an owner told me (see video below). “Chrysler refused to take the incident seriously.”
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tibiki Kinew View Post
                    We talk about employment and supporting our own people, well Toyota now has to eat the crap it built, now even the Tundra is on the newest recall list of failures and flops!
                    My GMC which I bought in 2003 brand spanking new with "O" as milage, now in 2010 I have 311000 logged on and the only thing that ever happens is oil changes every 5000!
                    So to say it bluntly NO freakin toyotaaas in my driveway even if it were a vehicle given to me for free, they couldn't pay me to drive it!!!!
                    I also have a 2003 GMC, a Sanoma Pick-up, but I bought it in 2008, with 63K miles, still runs good, just have to replace an O2 sensor and the coolant thermostat so it passes emission tests, stupid "Check Engine Light".

However I would take a Toyota if it were given to me for free except I would inspect the hell out of it and replace all of suspected bad parts.

Toyota trucks don't thrill me either, give me a Sierra 1500 or a Canyon any day. Toyota doesn't even make a commercial duty vehicle (like 2500, 3500 + series; Ford is 250 and 350 +).
                    CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                    sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Ill take a GMC or Chevy Truck any day.

No Toyota's in my driveway, please.!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                        I also have a 2003 GMC, a Sanoma Pick-up, but I bought it in 2008, with 63K miles, still runs good, just have to replace an O2 sensor and the coolant thermostat so it passes emission tests, stupid "Check Engine Light".

However I would take a Toyota if it were given to me for free except I would inspect the hell out of it and replace all of suspected bad parts.

Toyota trucks don't thrill me either, give me a Sierra 1500 or a Canyon any day. Toyota doesn't even make a commercial duty vehicle (like 2500, 3500 + series; Ford is 250 and 350 +).
                        Okay, now why replace the coolant thermostat???? I bet you it is okay!
                        Here is a secret from a university professor that teaches mechanics. take one wee bottle of brake fluid and pour it into the coolant!!! Yes you are reading correctly, this breaks down the gel ing factor of the coolant and rejuvenates it back to top levels. Not only do you not need to replace the liquids ever again, all you need to do is top the fluids! Since I bought my first set of wheels back in the 70's I never ever had a rad problem thanks to this tidbit of info!
                        My GMC happens to be a Sonoma as well and I crank the windows even in winter, gets tooooooooo hot otherwise up here in the great white north that was not too white this year,,,, seems that the east coast hogged it all this time around!
                        Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
                        Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

I'll buy a Toyota...when it's made my GMC!!!
                          Attached Files

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

i drive three diffrent vehicles

1-yukon denali
                            2-dodge grand caravan
                            3-dodge ram 1500 crewcab

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

Sure if it came with a big old anchor...Chevy Rocks!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.