Shucks, I'm Sad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shucks, I'm Sad...

Two of my former classmates were shot dead at a house party recently in So. Minneapolis. I'm trying to find out exactly what happened and the local paper only printed a paragraph article on the shooting and they didn't give much facts. And i was irked because they gave a whole two page story to a shooting that took place in the government center where one person was killed and only a paragraph to the south side shooting...

sorry to hear about your loss.
    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

:huddle: Sorry to hear of your loss too...:huddle: I hope you get the answers you need to help comfort and ease your pain...:huddle:
      "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it."

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:

Comment

sorry to hear the news...
        that's like here in dc... you don't hear of the folks gettin' shot in dc everyday, but it happens...
        anyways... maybe if you feel strongly about it, write a letter to the editor to voice your opinion, might make a difference, bring light to the situation & might even be published, you never know!
        "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Re: Shucks, I'm Sad...

Originally posted by Grits & Beans
          Two of my former classmates were shot dead at a house party recently in So. Minneapolis. I'm trying to find out exactly what happened and the local paper only printed a paragraph article on the shooting and they didn't give much facts. And i was irked because they gave a whole two page story to a shooting that took place in the government center where one person was killed and only a paragraph to the south side shooting...
          That's sad! :(

You should copy that Government article and send it to the editor who wrote about your frien's death. Show him a real writer's article!!
          Also write him a short story or two, what your classmates were about, what they wanted in life, etc..etc... and demand from this journalist a "rewrite"!! :helpdesk:
          If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

Yes very sorry to hear that an yeah I would write that story an send it to them ....:Angel2
            Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
            Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

Well I read in the Star Tribune that these two were told by a woman that they couldn't get in the party, so they allegedly left then came back and assaulted the woman then four gun shots went off and my homies wound up dead. It was poor reporting on behalf of the paper, probably because the victims were native. I don't know. The article was poorly written, considering the severity of the incident. I think I will write to the editor. :Mad

Comment

Good For you!
                Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
                Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. You know I'm here for you...
                  ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.