Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Appreciation Day - July 15

When : July 15th

Today is Cow Appreciation Day. And, that's no bull! But, it is something to "Moo" about.

Our appreciation for cows can be expressed in many ways. Some websites suggest you go out and give a cow a big hug and/or a kiss. While it might sound like fun, you don't have to go to extremes to enjoy this special day. It can be as simple as pausing for a moment to to think about cows, and all that they do for us.

Now that we've had our moment of silence, it's time to celebrate. Have an ice cold glass of milk. Add chocolate syrup, if you prefer. Then, fire up the grill, and cook some burgers or a steak. And, don't forget to get your fill of cheese. Sorry, goat cheese is not allowed today.

Note: Restaurants and dairy companies celebrate this day by offering specials. Watch for them, and save.

interesting...

you know everday is cow appreciation day for lbgood. yep, he sure loves the livestock

Comment

Last edited by lbgood; 08-13-2010, 04:41 AM.

Comment

According to my computer, today is July 14...Bastille Day, not Cow Appreciation Day, but I do appreciate cows. Where would we be without cows?

Did you know that tooting cows produce methane?

Comment

Methane is a renewable resource. Tooting cows could solve the energy crisis, if only we could harness the methane they produce.

Feed them more grass!

Comment

today is tan'neeszahnii techno day. tomorrow is cow appreciation day lol

Comment

Yellow Pig Day is coming right up!

As well as Ugly Truck Day and Take Your Pants for a Walk Day!

Comment

While I was at work today I came across some old footage of the mad cow disease (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy) out break in the UK. There were cows mooing, flipping out, and being burned in a big fire pit, oh yeah and sheep with scrapie. Sad to say the least.
                CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                  While I was at work today I came across some old footage of the mad cow disease (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy) out break in the UK. There were cows mooing, flipping out, and being burned in a big fire pit, oh yeah and sheep with scrapie. Sad to say the least.
                  That's what happens when ya take herbivores and force them to be carnivores/ cannibals.
                  sigpic

Comment

It was for a show my company did years ago and RD you are correct that was what they determined it to be. They also showed 16mm footage of a tribe in New Guinea (sp?) that had a funeral ritural where they consumed part of the deceased person's brain and that was causing some transmission of a similar disease within the tribe, if I remembered that correctly.
                    sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

grass fed beef should really be the only way to go. i wouldn't be surprised if they started cloning meat and selling it in grocery stores. a co-worker told me about a documentary called food inc. and i'm going to check it out on youtube...

Comment

Be careful G&B!! you may not want to eat anything for a while after watching it!!
                        i have not seen it yet,not in the mood for something depressing...and we grow most of our own food!
                        Last edited by MCKiemle; 07-15-2010, 11:01 AM.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
                        - Solomon

Comment

I was told that if you see Food Inc that it'll make you never want to eat any meat that isn't "free range".
                          sigpic

Comment

i'd rather be informed than ignorant.

it just might confirm what i think about the food industry in general, plus show me some things i never knew...

Comment

That's right!
                              Even if it does make you sick,at least you know what you have been eating all these years.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
                              - Solomon

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X