prophecies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prophecies

Hi. I met this very intresting woman today and she was telling me of a new ?religion? called the Baha'i Faith. It's suppose to be a ?religion? for all races and nations. Supposedly she say's that many religions and cultures the world over have prophecies that are more or less the same in each. She told me that the Hopi prophecy of Pahana and the coming together of the four races of man are included in this ?religion?. Also the Cree prophecy of the rainbow warriors. And maybe even the Lakota prophecy of the White Buffalo Calf Woman. She said that these prophecies mirror those of other cultures such as Tibet and some tribes of Kenya. I have researched this ?religion? on the net and have come to find that over half of the members who joined the faith have left it and some even go so far as to call it a cult. Mr. Lee Brown (Salish) was at one time a member of the faith but for some reason left. I have also read that the Hopi prophecy talks of a religion starting before or around the third shaking of the world. It is suppose to unite all people in peace. But that this religion could also be a fraud and if proven so another would start but this one would be headed by the Pahana himself. I don't know what to make of this new ?religion?. Could it be the one prophecied about or a fraud? What about the Hopi prophecy itself? Is it right? Is the third shaking soon to come? Are the Rainbow Warrior's here already in the form of the Rainbow Family of Light? Or is this all nonsense? Any takers on trying to help me understand?

The head of the baha'i faith is Kadaffi. You have to somehow admire a man who can tke over a country and start his own religion.
    Why do they keep calling me Uk Shan?

Comment

i went to one of their services but fell asleep thru it so I don't really know what went on...

hehehe
      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Bahai-ism is an offshoot of Islam, and is considered a heresy by
        most moslems, as it involves prophesy beyond the Koran. It
        was founded by Bahai'ullah about 1890, I think in Iran. It claims
        that all religions are valid; that Buddha, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed
        were all prophets of God. It is is nondogmatic--one of its tenets
        is that when there is a conflict between science and a literal
        reading of some "sacred book", science wins. As for Moamar
        Qadaffi, I don't know what his religion is, or even if he has one.
        He has always seemed to be a bit of a nut case to me.
        alamosaurus

Comment

But does anyone know anything about the Hopi prophecy?

Comment

Originally posted by aqua
            But does anyone know anything about the Hopi prophecy?

I honestly think you should stick to your own religion lol..i'm not hating here but my inlaws are Hopis and basically you should also go find an elder and if they are willing to share with you the Hopi "prophecy" more power to you. But be respectful.

Thank you!

Comment

hmmmm

well personally,being lakota & all i believe in the proph.of the white bufflo calf,but thats just me.im not a christian b/c our native ppl werent christians way back when,but believed in the creator & thats who i believe in.no offense to ne one that is a christian.:Angel:
              who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

Comment

a religion for all faiths? I thought that was unitarian
                Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I honestly think you should stick to your own religion lol..i'm not hating here but my inlaws are Hopis and basically you should also go find an elder and if they are willing to share with you the Hopi "prophecy" more power to you. But be respectful.

I think your chances of finding a Hopi elder to "share" this prophecy with an outsider are very slim. I too agree you should stick to your own religion.
                  (my inlaws are also Hopi)

Comment

I'm sorry if I have disrespected anyone. I have been studying about it on the net and from what I read it is coming the time of Purification and the elders decided to send out speakers to talk in English of what was coming and how we can change it. I don't mean any disrespect but it seems pretty clear that this relates to people of all nations. We were meant to live in peace and harmony with Mother Earth and all people. Yet many have strayed away from the path. It is time we relearn what we have forgotten. Live simply and with respect for Mother Earth. Have love and compassion for all people even those who do not have it for you. I have come to see the truth and I'm beginning to look deep inside myself and see how lost I have become and what I can do to change for the better of all mankind. I ask all of you to look at yourselves and see if your on the right path. If your not then go deep inside and relearn. You can only start to change the world for better if you yourself change for the better. Live in peace with all your relations. Again if I have disrespected anyone in anyway I am sorry but I felt a need to share what I found. Simply read the prophecy and see for yourself. :)

Comment

aqua ..you're so young so..I'm gonna be nice

aqua..I think you need to "study" a bit more about everything...you're still so young...
                      you don't get spirituality off the internet ..I don't care how much you "study" there....you should learn that from your family & elders...
                      the internet is NOT the place to ask questions re:Lakota or Hopi prophecies..you might not like some of the responses you'll get & you won't get the "answer" here you're "seeking"

just my 2 cents..;)
                      Life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved

Comment

This is so very true . That is why there are no real books written by native ppl about their belifes an how they live their lifes. Go to your elders an ask them.
                        Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
                        Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

finding answers

Hi All,

I'm sure I'm not the only non-Native American to type stuff like Hopi Prophecies into the search bar and come to this page, lol.
                          Curiosity is just human nature after all.

I empathise with Aqua, and while it can be frustrating to feel that a part of our Human Family is keeping 'secrets' from us, there may be a good reason why things like prophecies, spiritual knowledge etc are not freely passed around like a plate of twinkies
                          More than likely, alot of people coming to this thread will be interested in alot of diverse stuff, from prophecies, Earth changes, alternative history, non-Earth Life, crop circles and energy healing, to stuff like sacred geometry, overtone chanting, flint knapping and what to do when the even more than it allready has.......
                          We are the 'freaks' of the world, and not easily understood or accepted by people of any culture, because we don't fit into any of them. But it isn't our place to judge, or expect people to come running with open arms to welcome us as long-lost relatives (even if we remember past lives!) just because we happen to turn up on their front yard looking lost, especially if we look alot like the same people who their people helped before and got killed and robbed for their efforts.
                          What do we need to know that others can tell us, anyway? If they told us, would we believe it? Wouldn't we know if we were ready to know? I think that when we are ready we will know, and not from another person, but directly from whatever name we have in our culture for Great Spirit. And we can only really know through inner experience, so it's that old idea of 'go within' again. Many of us don't have a tradition, elders, family, and follow no religion, but know we are part of the Universe and we are all part of each other. I think that's enough, and if the sky goes dark and the stars go out, and the earth rolls over and the electricity fails, it really shouldn't be a cause for fear, because it has all probably happenned before, and life goes on because Spirit goes on.
                          So I think it's time to do stuff like chill out about all the prophecies, whatever we have come accross, and not bother people who have enough to deal with themselves without dealing with others who as far as they know, are just looking for a script to edit and and put in their new book! Sad, but that's what happens.
                          We know the truth anyway, if we have been paying attention to our dreams, visions, and nature in general. The state of human society makes it pretty/(ugly) obvious, in every part of the world. What do we need to know that we don't allready know? Maybe the time for looking for answers is over and it's only time for being answers.
                          A drowning man is not interested in prophecies, but is sorry if he never bothered to learn how to swim. I think it's more beneficial to our survival as a species to learn about what plants are around us that we can eat, and how to provide ourselves and loved ones with warmth and heat. Other things like how to wipe our backsides without tp without getting a disease or infection are also important, and how not to poke our eyes out when walking amongst trees. lol.
                          Might sound stupid, but it happenned before to civilisations, and the ones who survived knew how to survive. Most important, we need to learn how to communicate with each other lovingly (that includes communicating with Great Spirit), sing and dance and enjoy life without a TV or someone providing our 'thrills' for us....
                          So the prophecies come true, and even a few than NOBODY has heard about, because you can be sure that Great Spirit has a few surprises lined up, lol. What then? Back to rebuilding as usual if we have bothered to learn how, and those who are able to listen will have a chance to be taught by people like White Buffalo Calf Woman, , and the others like her all over the world. We must not give up hope.

Prophecies are fascinating, and I have to admit a bit of addiction to them, as they are so similar all over the world, like creation accounts, and it reminds me of other times. i think our ancestors were a global culturally communicating people. It's just a bit late to be worried about what might happen or has happenned, because it is allready happening, again!

"It's time"

lol

love, light and peace,

Celtic Fire

Comment

Asking questions about native spirituality on the internet has become somewhat of a taboo. This is mainly because new agers and other phonies coming to us in the past, learning a little of this and that, and then reteaching those things to others in seminars at $300 a person per session. Thus the rule just sort of evolved out of defense against such cultural stealing. But even before this phenomenon there was much persecution. My own elders (who don't use computers much) who are shown some of the posts on here and other sites just sort of laugh at the "protocols" people have come up with over the years. If you have a question, ask it. You'll either get an answer or you won't, and the answer will either be serious or just B.S., or maybe just serious B.S.

There are books about native spiritual traditions, by natives, although it has become en vogue in recent years to just parrot "go ask your elders" until those words blend into the wallpaper. Thomas Banyacya was one of four Hopi traditionalists chosen by elders in 1948 to travel and share Hopi prophecy teachings far and wide, and apparently is the most well known as he was the longest survivor. I did a quick search of Google and Amazon and found no books by him or directly about him (not that they don't exist, do your own detailed search if you wish). This notion that Indian elder's don't write or read books about their own culture, I have learned to find rather amusing. I have a copy of "Drummers and Dreamers" by Click Relander, a book I've also seen on the shelves of my elders. It's a great book about the history of the Columbia River, it's tribes and families, and the spread of the washat dance and the Indian Shaker Church as well as their trials and tribulations. Afterall they are an important part of the history of the region in which I now live. It is not intended to make anyone an "expert" and nobody should presume they've become one after reading, and I think because New Agers have done this the "go ask your granny" crowd is just going through an extended knee-jerk reaction to them.

As far as the Baha'i Faith goes, I don't know much beyond finding them a bit pushy, though in a much more polite way than proselytizing Christians are. From their arguments, the few I've met seem to believe that all religions are basically right and OK but are just off by little bits and pieces -- not enough to cost you "salvation" but if you accepted Baha'i beliefs you'd only then be spot-on. I was told, for example, that you can be Baha'i and be Christian at the same time. (Substitute Christian with "Buddhist", "Jewish", "Moslem", "Druid", "Moonhowler" or whatever you wish and their argument remains the same). But I do, believe it or not, have friends who belong to the Baha'i Faith (who have simply learned not to push it on me) and we get along just fine now. I really don't care what anyone else believes, whether they go to heaven or hell is their problem, not mine.
                            Last edited by Wakalapi; 07-22-2008, 10:08 PM.
                            "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                            Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wakalapi View Post
                              Asking questions about native spirituality on the internet has become somewhat of a taboo. This is mainly because new agers and other phonies coming to us in the past, learning a little of this and that, and then reteaching those things to others in seminars at $300 a person per session. Thus the rule just sort of evolved out of defense against such cultural stealing. But even before this phenomenon there was much persecution. My own elders (who don't use computers much) who are shown some of the posts on here and other sites just sort of laugh at the "protocols" people have come up with over the years. If you have a question, ask it. You'll either get an answer or you won't, and the answer will either be serious or just B.S., or maybe just serious B.S.

There are books about native spiritual traditions, by natives, although it has become en vogue in recent years to just parrot "go ask your elders" until those words blend into the wallpaper. Thomas Banyacya was one of four Hopi traditionalists chosen by elders in 1948 to travel and share Hopi prophecy teachings far and wide, and apparently is the most well known as he was the longest survivor. I did a quick search of Google and Amazon and found no books by him or directly about him (not that they don't exist, do your own detailed search if you wish). This notion that Indian elder's don't write or read books about their own culture, I have learned to find rather amusing. I have a copy of "Drummers and Dreamers" by Click Relander, a book I've also seen on the shelves of my elders. It's a great book about the history of the Columbia River, it's tribes and families, and the spread of the washat dance and the Indian Shaker Church as well as their trials and tribulations. Afterall they are an important part of the history of the region in which I now live. It is not intended to make anyone an "expert" and nobody should presume they've become one after reading, and I think because New Agers have done this the "go ask your granny" crowd is just going through an extended knee-jerk reaction to them.

As far as the Baha'i Faith goes, I don't know much beyond finding them a bit pushy, though in a much more polite way than proselytizing Christians are. From their arguments, the few I've met seem to believe that all religions are basically right and OK but are just off by little bits and pieces -- not enough to cost you "salvation" but if you accepted Baha'i beliefs you'd only then be spot-on. I was told, for example, that you can be Baha'i and be Christian at the same time. (Substitute Christian with "Buddhist", "Jewish", "Moslem", "Druid", "Moonhowler" or whatever you wish and their argument remains the same). But I do, believe it or not, have friends who belong to the Baha'i Faith (who have simply learned not to push it on me) and we get along just fine now. I really don't care what anyone else believes, whether they go to heaven or hell is their problem, not mine.
                              Once again a great post
                              Good words
                              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                              Till I Die!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • NahimanaSung
                                Hosting young girl in rez
                                by NahimanaSung
                                Hey!

I'm half Lakota/Dakota native american, currently living in France. I'm 18 years old, and at a point in my life where I really feel the need to explore my ancestry and learn more about my culture.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum or way to ask,...
                                03-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X