Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indians acting?

Hey what is the deal

They got indians acting like indians. Can't we play any other roles outside our nature. I'd like to see an indian acting like a painter or world traveler, or acting like they got jobs and work in a great company with a nice car a crap load of kids and their own business. or how bout an indian acting like somethin out of femme fatale or quinton tarantino movie like pulp fiction or four rooms. or how about an indian acting like a movie director or acting like a producer, or maybe and indian acting like bill gates or donald trump.
    :JawDrop :guns: :8: :rocking: :sailingaw :duel12:

Yeah, I'd like to play a white guy. I think I could pull that off.

Comment

We need more Induns on TV also

We could pull off a hilarious sitcom shows.

It seems that we are always forgotten when it comes to movies and TV when the producers are looking for minorities to represent their people on the screen.

An Indun sitcom would be a nice change.

I would love to see a Tarrentino style movie with a bunch of Induns sittin around and looking to take on the world with a bunch of weapons and some nice cars. Oh yeah....dont forget the explosions. LOL

Someday our time will come .....hopefully

:33: :5:

Comment

indians acting?

You got it right what happend to all the indians being people instead of acting like indians. I would like to see a john woo movie with some skins, ya know like the matrix or a jet lee flick that would kick *** whaa:rtf:

Comment

I saw Irene Bedard on TV playing a Asian! LOL. It was on one of those crime shows.

I know I seen Wes Studi playing a villian on a Batman movie too....

Comment

indians acting?

LMAO playing asian, that is is histerical, most of us are to indian to play asian. those that aren't I appologize. me myself am a half breed, I've been mistaken for filipino, samoan, mexican, hawaiian, chinese, puerto rican. No one has straight up said your Makah huh? I get just about every other race except my own (except chinese) LOL

Comment

I know, I don't think she was convincing too, she should've just stayed with Pocahontas.:p

Comment

indians acting?

LMAO she could have played native american barbie. I like her she has that could be any indian quality. I wonder who found her and where she's from. you know that indian in the cupboard who plays him?

Comment

Litefoot.

Comment

what a GREAT idea!

an indian sitcom sounds like money in the bank! that show would be HILARIOUS...
                    i know that show luis is blowin' up in tv land.... they're loving the spanish family show... and it's CHEESY!
                    mann, us ndn's could show 'em up!
                    i need to hurry up and get through school so i can direct a sitcom... all i need is a production crew and ndns! hahaha..
                    good idea though Oil!
                    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus Vox
                      Yeah, I'd like to play a white guy. I think I could pull that off.
                      no doubt. :Thinking
                      believe in yourself

Comment

Originally posted by ~*ReZeBel*~
                        I saw Irene Bedard on TV playing a Asian! LOL. It was on one of those crime shows.

I know I seen Wes Studi playing a villian on a Batman movie too....
                        Wes Studi never played in Batman.
                        But you can find him in "Streetfighter" :D
                        Join my FB page:
                        https://www.facebook.com/#!/NatamBeadwork

Live each and every day of your life as though it would be your last!

Comment

Wes Studi played a cop in one of those action movies, like DieHard 2 or something. He didn't play an "Indian" cop, just a cop and I thought that was cool.

Moriah Snyder who played the girl in the Prophesy played the Brady Bunch's next door neighbor who was a brat. Not an "Indian" brat, just a brat.:Chatter
                          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Selina
                            Wes Studi never played in Batman.
                            But you can find him in "Streetfighter" :D
                            Yeh it was something like that.... Action movies really aint' my thang so it just came off the top of my head.

Comment

I think I'd rather see ndnz playin' ndnz.. than non-ndnz playing ndnz. Just because... When non-ndnz play ndnz, it's a stereo-typical image. Look at all them old movies... John Wayne movies and so on.. all the ndnz had really orange faces!! I don't have an orange face!! Or... look at Pierce Brosnon in Grey Owl!! Like as if, the nish didn't recognize his he wasn't a nish! lol.. Ok.. I know Grey Owl didn't look exactly like Pierce does.. but still. They prolly juss got him to play cuz.. he's "Pierce Brosnon. " "big movie star" Ooh! ahhh!

Yeah.. and when the ndn plays the ndn... I've watched a couple Native movies.. I noticed that the nish kinda deny who they are.

I agree.. I'd like to see more nishnabs on TV/Movies. I'm sure there are some talented Native actors out there who can play the role of a lawyer, doctor, stock broker, teacher, guy who saves the girl or girl who saves the day,.. and so on. There are a lot of native women who could be Angel on Charlies Angels. I'm tired of seeing the same old white person in the movies. When are they gonna make a movie where the leading lady ISN'T blonde and blue-eyed. AND... I wouldn't mind seeing a Nish Man doing stunts and fighting bad guys. :p

Irene... isn't she from Alaska? But moved down south to Cali.
                              ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • NahimanaSung
                                Hosting young girl in rez
                                by NahimanaSung
                                Hey!

I'm half Lakota/Dakota native american, currently living in France. I'm 18 years old, and at a point in my life where I really feel the need to explore my ancestry and learn more about my culture.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum or way to ask,...
                                03-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X