Slipping Away by Moby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipping Away by Moby!

I have to make a thread based on this lyric! Have a feeling it was written for ME!!!!
    Here is an extraction:
    Open to everything happy and sad
    Seeing the good when it's all going bad
    Seeing the sun when I can't really see
    Hoping the sun will at least look at me

Focus on everything better today
    All that I needed I never could say
    Hold on to people, they're slipping away
    Hold on to this while it's slipping away

All that we needed tonight
    Are people who love us and like
    I know how it feels to need
    Oh when we leave here, you'll see
    “.

I played it again and again, and it gave me a terrible feeling of melancholy, sadness!
    I’m sure these words counts for many of you:

Does it not?

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
    You can never be happy at the expense of the happiness of others.

Originally posted by GoggenGH View Post
    I have to make a thread based on this lyric! Have a feeling it was written for ME!!!!
    Here is an extraction:
    Open to everything happy and sad
    Hoping the sun will at least look at me

Focus on everything better today
    Hold on to people, they're slipping away
    Hold on to this while it's slipping away

All that we needed tonight
    I know how it feels to need
    Oh when we leave here, you'll see
    “.

I played it again and again, and it gave me a terrible feeling of melancholy, sadness!
    I’m sure these words counts for many of you:

Does it not?

is dis the same moby that can get stomped by obie?

eminem is a foo

Comment

Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
      is dis the same moby that can get stomped by obie?

eminem is a foo
      Don't be talkin' bad about my man Eminem!

Obie? You mean that little red-headed kid from the Andy Griffith Show? Why would Moby be pickin' on him? (jks)

Ah, Obie - that one song "Drips" even makes me cringe!

I'm afraid Mr. Moby just isn't quite "bouncy" enough for me.

But, I don't wanna hijack your thread, Goggen, so how do the lyrics speak to you? Why do you feel it was written for you?
      Last edited by RDNKJ; 10-22-2010, 09:35 PM. Reason: It's a simple word. You'd think I could spell "Moby."
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
        But, I don't wanna hijack your thread, Goggen, so how do the lyrics speak to you? Why do you feel it was written for you?
        Why I feel it was written for me?
        I tell you....
        "Seeing the good when it's all going bad
        Seeing the sun when I can't really see...
        "
        I have for the time diverse problems in my family, a son sleeping 20 hours a day, awake at night, a daugther having a hard time at school (her old friends droppped her), a wife close to a breakdown, and so on...
        It's hard to see the "sun" sometimes!

"Focus on everything better today
        Hold on to people, they're slipping away...
        "
        I was in a marriage of the son of my brother in law a few days ago, but felt it would had been better to not be there. My family and me ended up sitting alone at our table, with very little contact with the other guests. The reason for this is that I don't have high enough social status.
        Have a feeling they are slipping away from us!

"All that we needed tonight
        I know how it feels to need...
        "
        I have a strong feeling of never being understood or taken serious in my job. I guess I don't scream load enough. So, I do know how it feels to need.

I can not be the only one feeling like this! There must be others ones out there feeling the same thing, but to afraid to tell it.
        I tell you, why the heck should I hide it????

This is what I'm talking about:

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, Goggen. No reason to keep how you're feeling bottled up inside - that will just give you ulcers. I don't mean to interfere - but if ya post something on an open forum, be prepared for people to comment. So, take the following in the spirit it is given.

Don't know how old your kids are, but excessive sleep can be part of adolescence - I know when I was a teenager I could easily sleep 15 - 16 hours a day. But don't rule out that there could be some clinical depression involved as well. School kids can be very cruel - even to people they had considered their friends. It sounds trite, but if your daughter's old friends dropped her, then they weren't truly her friends. Things will get better. She'll make better friends.

I think we all have family members/in-laws who are, er, "difficult." It is the responsibility of the hosts of any event to make sure all guests are taken care of and are put at ease and feel comfortable - regardless of the hosts' personal feelings about any particular guest. Lack of graciousness by the hosts, no matter how wealthy or high-born they might be, is a reflection of their class (or lack thereof), not that of the guest.

I think there are very few of us who haven't at one time or another felt like you do about their jobs/careers.

I'm sure things will get better for you. But if you feel overwhelmed, don't feel ashamed to seek professional assistance for yourself, your son, your wife, your daughter, etc.. There is no shame in seeing a mental health counselor/psychologist. Sometimes, people just need a neutral "outsider" to talk to.

Keep looking for the sun! Hope you're having a good day!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
            Don't know how old your kids are, but excessive sleep can be part of adolescence - I know when I was a teenager I could easily sleep 15 - 16 hours a day. But don't rule out that there could be some clinical depression involved as well. School kids can be very cruel - even to people they had considered their friends. It sounds trite, but if your daughter's old friends dropped her, then they weren't truly her friends. Things will get better. She'll make better friends.

I think we all have family members/in-laws who are, er, "difficult." It is the responsibility of the hosts of any event to make sure all guests are taken care of and are put at ease and feel comfortable - regardless of the hosts' personal feelings about any particular guest. Lack of graciousness by the hosts, no matter how wealthy or high-born they might be, is a reflection of their class (or lack thereof), not that of the guest.
            Thanks RDNKJ!!!!
            I give you 20 on 20 for your comments!!!!
            This things about "friends" is very true. If they were her friends, they would not have dropped her like they did. I'm sure she finds reel friends in the future.
            And about my son, you are right too! He often ask me WHY he should get up. I will find a way to inspire him more!

And my brother in-law, I agree with you 2000%, and I have sent a mail to him telling my reel feelings. The time will show if he is able to accept it or not. If he does not, well, I prefer to know the truth than to live on a illusion.

Well, now you know (and everybody else too) why I feel this song was written for me!
            And I'm sure I will find the sun again even though it's hidden behind heavy cloudes from time to time!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.