varying topic thread-october & halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varying topic thread-october & halloween

This is a varying topic thread of the month for everyone besides me,so feel free to vary this topic about october & halloween (couldn't figure what topics this thread should be on concerning this month so i made it a varying topic thread of the month as a suggestion for everyone here)

I guess I'll close this thread if no one's replying.

Comment

Nooooo!! Wait a second Matt!

Originally posted by mathewhebailey08 View Post
      I guess I'll close this thread if no one's replying.
      October?

Oktoberfest, for the Dutch and the Black Dutch LOL

Let's skip the beer, and talk about food; shnitzel, strudel, bratwurst (I like all the wurst, LOL).

And...guess what? The official Oktoberfest dance is the German Chicken Dance
      sigpic

Comment

Halloween?

Last year, after 4 decades on planet Earth, I dressed-up and went to karaoke club holding a costume contest. It was rigged, I did not win even though customers kept giving me good compliments LOL

Trick or Treating?

Can't do that ennymore. If a house is giving out Baby Ruth candy bars, they won't get rid of me, I'll move in LOL

Take care Matt!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
          Didn't know there was a German version of the chicken dance?!

German Chicken Dance = GooseStepping?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9J_LbOMoTVc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9J_LbOMoTVc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
          sigpic

Comment

Expect the wurst....
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

October. Halloween. Hmmm... I'm dressing up like a mormon missionary. Scariest costume I could think of... Got a blonde wig and everything... lol it's gonna be great!
              sigpicWhy Can't i say "Wanker"?

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                Expect the wurst....
                Ouch! Get thee to a punnery.

Clark bars and Mallo Cups. Those are my halloween evils. You can't even have a Mallo Cup down here. I think there are three days a year they're not melted.

When my cousins and I swapped halloween candy Kit Kats, Three Musketeers, Pixie Sticks, and candy cigs were the high value items. That peanut butter taffy that is permanently attached to the orange and black paper, and toothbrushes were at the bottom.

If we were at grandpa and grandma's it was too far out of town to trick-or-treat. Grandpa would get a pound of penny candy at the co-op, Jiffy Pop, and a couple of gallons of cider. We take turns jiggling the antenna to get the NBC affiliate to come in and watch the Great Pumpkin. One year he grandpa behind the washtub in the mudroom and scared my cousin so badly she wet her pants.

In those days the cider wasn't pasteurized. By the third or fourth day, it would have a kick.
                Last edited by OLChemist; 10-25-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

October?

Oktoberfest, for the Dutch and the Black Dutch LOL

Let's skip the beer, and talk about food; shnitzel, strudel, bratwurst (I like all the wurst, LOL).

Stop making me hungry, lol.

I live in an area that has a lot of dutch descendants so there is a ton of German influence on the food here, awesome food. I think I will have to indulge this weekend (pay week ). I'm not skipping the beer, though I haven't gone out for a drink in a long while, prolly gonna have some Sam Adams Octoberfest, its always a good beer this time of the year.
                  CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                  sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

MMMmmm...pass me the "shovel"...der Spaten bier. Sam Adams O-fest is purty good, too.
                    sigpic

Comment

MMMmmm...pass me the "shovel"...der Spaten bier. Sam Adams O-fest is purty good, too.
                      Now Spaten is an amazing beer. To me beer should be full flavor and dark amber to almost black in color, none of this light (or 'lite') beer crap.
                      CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                      sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Don't know if it;s in October, but most people have to deal with resetting their time pieces, eh?

Comment

October ----> Thanksgiving for Canadians

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                            Don't know if it;s in October, but most people have to deal with resetting their time pieces, eh?
                            TTechno, that's not in October anymore. I know it used to always happen right before Halloween, so the little kiddies got to go trick-er-treating in much darker and colder situations.

This year it's Nov. 7th.

In celebration of Octoberfest, I'm going to make sauerbraten just like my dad made it (he was 1/2 german), with spaetzle, and try a noodle strudel.
                            ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                              TTechno, that's not in October anymore. I know it used to always happen right before Halloween, so the little kiddies got to go trick-er-treating in much darker and colder situations.

This year it's Nov. 7th.

In celebration of Octoberfest, I'm going to make sauerbraten just like my dad made it (he was 1/2 german), with spaetzle, and try a noodle strudel.
                              Okay ... time in central AZ is constant (no daylight saving time) so I don't keep track of it. All I know is that satellite programming changes with the time and all of a sudden you are either one hour late or one hour early.

Octoberfest sounds like lots of fun, but it's perfect motorcycle riding season here.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.