Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking your mind

speaking your mind,is it right?
    i know alot of ppl @ school that dont like me b/c when they ask me a question i tell them EXACTLY what i think.
    i think there are times when you should speak your mind then other times when you shouldnt,right?
    i think another reason ppl dont like me is b/c i wont talk about ppl they dont like behind their back,ah well.so what do you guys think?but like i said,i speak my mind when you ask me a question so if ya need a truthful answer i'm here!lol
    who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

When you are honest an out spoken , that is when the hater players come at ya . So unless you have the strength for that sometimes you just have to close your ears an allow the flow of things to pass on by. Or the delete key is a nice feature.
    Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
    Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

You don't always have to give people an answer either. Pride is what motivates a person to always have an answer for everyting and voices it.

Sometimes the people aren't haters, they just have a different opinion.

Comment

Speaking your mind is good as long as it is truthful and as for others talking bout people behind thier backs, well its often a sign that they are displeased with somethng in themselves and have the need to find that same fault in someone else
        I am the same way but it is also true that it is not always necessary to voice an opinion just repsect someone elses.

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

Being truthful is a good thing, and also speaking your mind. I like it when someone is honest and right out with it. I also agree with people talking of others, I'm also truthful there and say Its something i don't do.(its not right) Im a very opinionated person my self and well most don't like it but i have to say it as it is.
          The heart can only smile when your listening to it

Comment

Speaking Truth...

I would only say that a little finesse is often in order...for example, your wife/girl friend/whatever says..,do these pants make me look fat' and you reply 'no it's your big fat a$$ that makes you look fat' now this may be true, but I would hope no one would respond that way!
            Seriously, tho...it depends on context. In moral/ethical matters, the truth is ALWAYS best..{and it takes a great and creative memory to lie anyways..since you can't often remember exactly what you said j/k}! Trust is hard to gain...but easily broken...
            C

Comment

I agree .. there is a time and place to say truth, but it is difficult for those of us that do speak our minds to be aware of the right time and therefore gets us into trouble. There is a good in speaking your mind and telling it like it is but there is also the consequences of that, people not like you, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time but in the end Honesty is the best road. Lies create more lies because of the fact that one doesnt remember lies as much as they do truth.

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

It is said that good judgement is learned by first exercizing bad judgement....so often, that is the case...
                C

Comment

Unfortunately you will find that men, in particular, won't like it when you speak your mind or stand up for yourself. Now, I'm not saying all, but I've sure run into my fair share of men that would prefer I stay quiet and submissive to expressing an opinion or disagreeing with them. You can't afford to go through life sitting back and taking whatever is dished out. If you feel you are being treated wrongly speak up! If you feel some injustice has occurred speak up! Differences of opinion are just that but; when either party is intolerant when you express that opinion, instead of acknowledging your right to it, that is where I have a problem. In relationships, truth and honesty are essential. Once trust is lost the friendship/relationship is over. I agree with the others that certainly tact when being honest is always the best way to get your point across; and reinforcing the positive in a relationship instead of the negatives is also important. Constantly harping on your partners negative characteristics is abusive. Pick your battles. Does your partner or friend do something that ticks you off or grosses you out? Are they even aware they do it? Is it a 'deal breaker' or is it just an irritant? Keep in mind there may be things you do that the other person finds irritating. Also, in re-reading your original post; if someone asks you a question that means they had better be prepared for an answer they may not like to hear. I, personally, find "yes people" irritating. When someone agrees with you every time you should start wondering if they have a mind of their own and/or if they are afraid to disagree because they can't stand conflict or confrontation.
                  "The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota

Comment

don't know bout ya'll but i enjoy conversing bout others behind their backs. soon as they turn their back to walk away..i start lookin for another sos i can start doggin the person that just walked away. lol! seriously though, ya gotta know when to speak and when not to..either that or be prepared to deal with whatever may result from you speaking your mind.

Originally posted by AngelFeather
                    Speaking your mind is good as long as it is truthful and as for others talking bout people behind thier backs, well its often a sign that they are displeased with somethng in themselves and have the need to find that same fault in someone else
                    I am the same way but it is also true that it is not always necessary to voice an opinion just repsect someone elses.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
                      Hello From FLorida
                      by namamiinc
                      I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                      12-01-2022, 07:14 AM
                    • OLChemist
                      Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                      by OLChemist
                      *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                      06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X