best/worse thing about the work week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best/worse thing about the work week

what's the best and worst thing you like about the work week? And what do you do to relax afterwards?
    'A'a i ka hula kahika, waiho ka hilahila i ka hale.
    "One who wants to dance the ancient dance, must leave their bashfullness at home"

Best thing, payday!

Worst thing, working for the pay....nah just kidding. I'm not a morning person, so waking up in the morning is the worst thing for me. But after I get my morning started, I'm good to go....just don't bother me for the first 40 minutes...hahaha.
    sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Best thing...graveyard shift, for the action. When slow, watching the sky full of stars and Milky Way....watching satellites, planes, weird things going across the sky, UFO's ?

Worst thing...trying to have social life while on graveyard shift. Trying to sleep during daytime...uggh!
      sigpic

Comment

Best - your getting paid / worst - the work week tends to be long and drawn out most of the time.

Comment

Best is payday, for me its every other thursday, so I guess Friday's because I get paid for a full day but get out 3 hours earlier and still have a lunch hour.

The worst for me is trying to look busy when there is no new footage in for me to prepare for editing, it really drags the work week out.
          CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
          sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

work is fun and the group I work with is great so best thing IS work...the worst thing is Mondays...they've been really having their way with me.....I feel like Garfield and I'm starting to dread them and I actually look forward to Tuesdays. *L*

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Worst thing: 8:00 a.m. Monday morning.
              Best thing: 5:00 p.m. Friday afternoon!

++++++++++++++++++

Nah, I like my job. The worst part is dealing with supposedly well-educated people who don't have the brains God gave a gnat (and not being able to tell them that!)

Best thing? I'm only 6 years away from retirement!

(but then I gotta find something else to do. For me, retirement doesn't mean I don't gotta work anymore.)
              sigpic

Comment

in a combat zone you don't get days off...work everyday...we do get a 2 week break though....you fly anywhere you want to go.

But the war in Afghanistan isn't like the last I was here in 2003-04. Last time here we spent up to 3 weeks gone outside the wire on missions hunting Taliban..now its not like that 8 years later. Its still dangerous but we don't go out the wire more than 24 hours now.

I like counting down the days...and looking forward my 30 day vacation summer 2011 in Europe where my base is. Will see lots of Europe when I go back.
                sigpic
                R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                  Worst thing: 8:00 a.m. Monday morning.
                  Best thing: 5:00 p.m. Friday afternoon!
                  I agree 3000%!
                  And after working to whole day on the computer, I relax by continue "working" on the computer , but this time I'm the boss!!!
                  Combined with some nice music.

Happiness does not come from happiness itself, but from the journey towards achieving it.
                  You can never be happy at the expense of the happiness of others.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
                    Hello From FLorida
                    by namamiinc
                    I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                    12-01-2022, 07:14 AM
                  • OLChemist
                    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                    by OLChemist
                    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                    06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X