Older members hiding in the woodwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older members hiding in the woodwork?

Is it me or has there been alot of people changing their names on here? Except for the few that use their pics as avatar or actaully come out and say who they are now, there are alot that are changing nicks or getting new ones in order to open their mouths and try to talk smack and instead of coming out and saying who they are or were or instead of pming with their problems they decide to hide behind a screen name and for what? Maybe to scared to hate on someone when people actually know who they are? Or maybe thier personal lives (e.g family,friends,intimate) aren't going as well as they would like and they just need to vent and let go of a little frusteration. The way some are talking they speak as if their in their 40's or so, I just hope that when I'm that age that I don't come online under a fictitious name to talk smack when I should be worrying about my own finacial, personal, and intimate life. And you would think that at an age as some of these people are they would have better things to talk about or teach other then getting into an arguement with someone they deem to be inferior. I like the select few on here choose to say what we think using our original nicks, we take the good with the bad and so forth and choose to stand by our convictions. Since I've been here I've had the pleasure of a few to dislike me and what I say but I haven't left. I haven't made another nick to hide behind so that people might change their veiws of me or where I come from. ANd I have never once claimed to be something that I'm not nor declined to be who I am. For those who know me they know where I come from and who I am and what I stand for, for those that don't know me maybe one should take the time out to understand something before they judge it. And when time goes by and I'm still here using my original nick and those who hate are gone I will have the pleasure of knowing that I have the victory of saying I stayed real when the rest retreated into hiding or just flat out left.
    There should be a law against stupid people being able to breed!

Comment

Hoolay. I'm still the same old bytch here.:p

Comment

How do you confuse a Jammer? ROFLMAO it's just to get under YOUR skin jammykins LOL!!!
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Please bear in mind that some who change their name on here do have legit reasons for doing so. Not everyone does it just to talk smack!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!"
          Dr. Suess."

Comment

I for one am insulted....

in their 40's or so, I just hope that when I'm that age that I don't come online
            I am insulted that you would speak in this way of our moderator's. Sure these ladies have seen better days and are a little over the hill and picking up speed as they head downhill, but they got a couple good years left in them. I mean i think it is great that the elderly take an interest in compuers. I think there is a lot we can learn from the elderly.....Your hating on them just cause they are old!!!

Comment

LMAO!!

Comment

in their 40's or so, I just hope that when I'm that age that I don't come online

excuse me, but people in their 40's aren't old, unless, you are like 12 or something, then they might seem old....
                sigpicDisclaimer: Storyteller and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word........after it's said.

The occasion...........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.

Comment

whoa jammer..thats a mouthful! i changed my nick because my old one was my real nick (in reality) so i chose saukpuppet because it represents me more but im still the same girl w/the orgi-nallll steelo.....oh wait...ur talkin about older people huh?
                  Last edited by saukpuppet; 10-21-2003, 11:18 PM.
                  WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
                  Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

Re: I for one am insulted....

Originally posted by Steve StopsOnTime
                    ...have seen better days and are a little over the hill and picking up speed as they head downhill, but they got a couple good years left in them. .....Your hating on them just cause they are old!!!
                    All that for folks in their 40's?!

I wasn't feeling that old 'til now.
                    Gawd, Ima thinkin' I might need a walker soon now! :Cry

Anywayz, I been Musicwielder since 1997 and won't ever be anything else except for maybe 'The Musicwielder' here, on Yahoo, Msn and ICQ. Someone stole my nic on AOL though b4 I got a chance to register it there.

Oh and BTW, I haven't talked any "smack" here as of yet but if I ever do I can assure you it won't be behind another ID. As for those who may have....instead of attacking them why don't you question why they feel they have to resort to alternative ID's? ;)
                    Last edited by musicwielder; 10-21-2003, 11:55 PM.
                    "I know that you’ve been damaged, your soul has suffered such abuse, but I am not your savior, I am just as screwed as you."

Comment

I am insulted that you would speak in this way of our moderator's. Sure these ladies have seen better days and are a little over the hill and picking up speed as they head downhill, but they got a couple good years left in them. I mean i think it is great that the elderly take an interest in compuers. I think there is a lot we can learn from the elderly.....Your hating on them just cause they are old!!!
                      Anyone in particular your thinking of??
                      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

grr,you know I'm older than dirt ,Jammy

But I've never hidden in the woodwork
                        I'm alwayz out in the open
                        where anyone can take they're "best shot' @ me :taunting:
                        Life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved

Comment

lol These mods know me and I know dem, guess if we were going to say anything bad bout one another we would do it face to face eh lol. Oh and I didn't say 40 was old lol I used the word age lol See I covered my self before I could let anything get slapped on me. Calm down matie mato you know if I'm talking bout you I usually use yahoo lol. And BB I have no clue how you conjured up that jammyskins saying. :) LC me and you done been through the ditch and back over again. We got a bond eh lol Rezbel good on ya. We need to stay real! And for all those gettin on here and getting mad over what I wrote there is no need to get all crazy unless you have changed ya nick and ya gettin scurrred!
                          There should be a law against stupid people being able to breed!

Comment

hey hey... i'm not even close to 40. ;)
                            The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

danggggggggggg after next week I will have only 5 good internet years left....

yeeeeeeeeeesh just rap me in a blanket and bury me under a tree, why don't ya?;)
                              America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
                              Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

"MAKE THE MOST OF THE HEMP SEED, SOW IT EVERYWHERE"--GEORGE WASHINGTON

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.