Good things happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good things happen

so i have been gone from this site for a couple years, got busy with my family and just really trying to make it work.....it did not.

I spent some time pondering my life and the woes of it, you know feeling sorry for myself and my situation. Now i am healing and moving forward and the things i like to focus on now are the good things i see everyday, not only to me but around me. The things strangers will do for another with out even being asked. Life, love, relationships, tertiary or otherwise, are ever so fragile. I think we should take heed and be thankful for the big and lil things that happen.

Perhaps this thread will inspire someone to look for the good things, or make someone feel a lil better, so please share a good thing that happened.

Maybe it was something upsetting that the good came out of like my first good thing, and i suspect many of the good things to come for me will be born from my bad thing. Out of the ashes, as "they" say.

my good thing that happened
    my landlord told me today that a bigger place is open and that i can have it! The really good thing.....in my kids bedroom there is a door that connects to another apt, that will be my new apt! This means all i have to do is move my stuff through this doorway, no need to haul stuff around the house in the cold!!!!!! Now that is a good thing!
    A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

From Todd Beamer's wife appearing on Good Morning America:
    "I had a very special teacher in high school many years ago whose husband
    died suddenly of a heart attack. About a week after his death, she shared
    some of her insight with a classroom of students. As the late afternoon
    sunlight came streaming in through the classroom windows and the class
    was nearly over, she moved a few things aside on the edge of her desk
    and sat down there. With a gentle look of reflection on her face, she paused
    and said, ‘Class is over. I would like to share with all of you, a thought
    that is unrelated to class, but which I feel is very important. "Each of us is
    put here on earth to learn, share, love, appreciate and give of ourselves.
    None of us knows when this fantastic experience will end. It can be taken
    away at any moment. Perhaps this is the Powers way of telling us that we
    must make the most out of every single day." Her eyes beginning to water,
    she went on, "So I would like you all to make me a promise. From now on,
    on your way to school, or on your way home, find something beautiful to
    notice. It doesn't have to be something you see, it could be a scent,
    perhaps of freshly baked bread wafting out of someone's house, or it could
    be the sound of the breeze slightly rustling the leaves in the trees, or the
    way the morning light catches one autumn leaf as it falls gently to the
    ground. ‘Please look for these things, and cherish them. For, although it may sound trite to some, these things are the 'stuff' of life. The little things we
    are put here on earth to enjoy. The things we often take for granted. We
    must make it important to notice them, for at anytime it can all be taken away.’

The class was completely quiet. We all picked up our books and filed out of the room silently. That afternoon, I noticed more things on my way home from school than I had that whole semester. Every once in a while, I think of that teacher and remember what an impression she made on all of us, and I try to appreciate all of those things that sometimes we all overlook. Take notice of something special you see on your lunch hour today. Go barefoot, or walk on the beach at sunset. Stop off on the way home tonight to get a double dip ice cream cone. For as we get older, it's not the things we did that we often regret, but the things we didn't do. Remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. "

Good things today: I have friends who listen when I cry around, when I start feeling sorry for myself.

My grandkids are so sweet and special. They are always happy to see me and I am so grateful that I can afford to get each and every one of them a present this year.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

that was beautiful, it made me cry a lil.

Comment

Good Things Happen

Over Coffee

Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	2093355

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
          Over Coffee

[ATTACH]8902[/ATTACH]
          over coffee and cake!

Comment

nice thread.
            sigpic
            R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

I've lost a lot of people in my life over they years and learned at an early age how fragile life can be. I've had people say "see you tomorrow" and it has ended up being no tomorrow for them. I totally get where Mrs. Beamer is coming from with that. It teaches you to appreciate the small things in life. Nothing in the world right now, is better to me than hearing my grandson say "mawnin' gramma" when he gets up and giving me a big good morning hug or showing him the deer outside the dining room window and seeing the wonder on his face.
              Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

or sharing his cookies

Comment

Originally posted by Migiziwomen View Post
                  so i have been gone from this site for a couple years, got busy with my family and just really trying to make it work.....it did not.

I spent some time pondering my life and the woes of it, you know feeling sorry for myself and my situation. Now i am healing and moving forward and the things i like to focus on now are the good things i see everyday, not only to me but around me. The things strangers will do for another with out even being asked. Life, love, relationships, tertiary or otherwise, are ever so fragile. I think we should take heed and be thankful for the big and lil things that happen.

Perhaps this thread will inspire someone to look for the good things, or make someone feel a lil better, so please share a good thing that happened.

Maybe it was something upsetting that the good came out of like my first good thing, and i suspect many of the good things to come for me will be born from my bad thing. Out of the ashes, as "they" say.

my landlord told me today that a bigger place is open and that i can have it! The really good thing.....in my kids bedroom there is a door that connects to another apt, that will be my new apt! This means all i have to do is move my stuff through this doorway, no need to haul stuff around the house in the cold!!!!!! Now that is a good thing!
                  Good things will always happen to people that keep a positive attitude in life this I am positive about!

Welcome Back long time no see!!
                  ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                  Till I Die!

Comment

A very beautiful thread....and that home set up now is awesome! **laughin** today, i have been appreciating the rain that has been falling most of the night. the sound it makes when it is really pounding away on the roof, the ground, my truck, the trees, is awesome too! everything is getting its shower, and the air smells so great! the colors so rich, and deep. i hear others complain about it (and the sun, heat, cold , snow, wind etc...**laughin)...me, i enjoy and am thankful for each. its still dark out and cold, but i like it because i can still crawl into my warm bed and snooze untill the alarm goes off in a few hours. when the sun comes up, i will be grateful about that too. especially if i wake up to see it through another day...
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
                    "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
                    "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
                    "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
                    "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
                      Good things will always happen to people that keep a positive attitude in life this I am positive about!

Welcome Back long time no see!!
                      thanks good to be back my friend. just looking for the great in life!

Comment

Nice thread... I will be back
                        I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                          From Todd Beamer's wife appearing on Good Morning America:
                          "I had a very special teacher in high school many years ago whose husband
                          died suddenly of a heart attack. About a week after his death, she shared
                          some of her insight with a classroom of students. As the late afternoon
                          sunlight came streaming in through the classroom windows and the class
                          was nearly over, she moved a few things aside on the edge of her desk
                          and sat down there. With a gentle look of reflection on her face, she paused
                          and said, ‘Class is over. I would like to share with all of you, a thought
                          that is unrelated to class, but which I feel is very important. "Each of us is
                          put here on earth to learn, share, love, appreciate and give of ourselves.
                          None of us knows when this fantastic experience will end. It can be taken
                          away at any moment. Perhaps this is the Powers way of telling us that we
                          must make the most out of every single day." Her eyes beginning to water,
                          she went on, "So I would like you all to make me a promise. From now on,
                          on your way to school, or on your way home, find something beautiful to
                          notice. It doesn't have to be something you see, it could be a scent,
                          perhaps of freshly baked bread wafting out of someone's house, or it could
                          be the sound of the breeze slightly rustling the leaves in the trees, or the
                          way the morning light catches one autumn leaf as it falls gently to the
                          ground. ‘Please look for these things, and cherish them. For, although it may sound trite to some, these things are the 'stuff' of life. The little things we
                          are put here on earth to enjoy. The things we often take for granted. We
                          must make it important to notice them, for at anytime it can all be taken away.’

The class was completely quiet. We all picked up our books and filed out of the room silently. That afternoon, I noticed more things on my way home from school than I had that whole semester. Every once in a while, I think of that teacher and remember what an impression she made on all of us, and I try to appreciate all of those things that sometimes we all overlook. Take notice of something special you see on your lunch hour today. Go barefoot, or walk on the beach at sunset. Stop off on the way home tonight to get a double dip ice cream cone. For as we get older, it's not the things we did that we often regret, but the things we didn't do. Remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. "

Good things today: I have friends who listen when I cry around, when I start feeling sorry for myself.

My grandkids are so sweet and special. They are always happy to see me and I am so grateful that I can afford to get each and every one of them a present this year.
                          Holay wyo! That's not the way ur sposed to feel. But when you do...beading helps!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

thanks good to be back my friend. just looking for the great in life!
                            migz...you don't have to look for the great in life...it's always with you.

The great in life...is that you took the next breath. Something we have no control of. It is a blessing we have from the One Who Created Us.

What we make great in life, depends on us...the individual.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

over coffee and cake!
                              Coming right up!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	coffeeandcake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	2093356

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.