Hágoónee' - my departure thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hágoónee' - my departure thread

The Diné word Hágoónee' has generally been translated into English as "goodbye". However, traditionally, the Diné use and understand the word to mean "we are parting in a mutual agreement that the dialogue wil continue in the future".

So it is with such sweet sorrow that I plan to retire from powwows.com on my Anniversary Date.

My career has been long and enduring in embedded systems software engineering spanning over 32 years with companies including IBM General Products Division, Loral Defense Systems, McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Systems, The Boeing Company and currently with Honeywell Aeropace and Defense Electronics.

Throughout those years, I had begin dates and dates when I voluntarily resigned to pursue other career opportunities and explore new career options. I am not ready to retire from this career path anytime soon, but I do need to spend a lot more time on my current and future work assignments which means I will have very little time to be on social networking sites such as powwows.com.

With the Obama Administration cancelling the Constellation program, the move was made to veer away from a moon base and more towards a Near-Earth object mission and an eventual Mars landing. The attached NASA video shows progress on building the Orion spacecraft which I am currently supporting. Orion is a retooled multi-purpose crew vehicle based on designs and tests already completed.
    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/video...a_id=125642591

The remainder of my copious time will be devoted to supporting control momentum gyroscopes which are used to maneuver, stabilize and maintain spacecraft attitude control systems.

I plan to take down my photo albums on January 22, 2012, so if anyone wants to take one last look at them, please do so and as always, comments are greatly appreciated.

I also plan to finish out 2012 with commitments that I have already made for providing sound reinforcement systems to powwows throughout the southwest, but time will tell if I continue that beyond January 1, 2013. Visit the Arizona Powwows and Beyond thread if you happen to be in the area for places where I might be during the year.

I shall post my Hágoónee' later.

Life can get in the way of our online activities!

You've been a force on the site and I appreciate all your work and support!

You'll be missed for sure!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Awww thats sad cuz Imma miss you on here TT
      lisaironmaker

Comment

In Ojibwe we say Gigawaabamin (I shall see you again)
        I am gonna miss you and maybe some day our paths will cross for real...
        I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

Dang, can we at least get put in the dog house one last time before ya go?

Peace be with you my friend, all the best in your endeavors.

Comment

You mean we could leave the doghouse??
            I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
              The Diné word Hágoónee' has generally been translated into English as "goodbye". However, traditionally, the Diné use and understand the word to mean "we are parting in a mutual agreement that the dialogue wil continue in the future".

So it is with such sweet sorrow that I plan to retire from powwows.com on my Anniversary Date.

My career has been long and enduring in embedded systems software engineering spanning over 32 years with companies including IBM General Products Division, Loral Defense Systems, McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Systems, The Boeing Company and currently with Honeywell Aeropace and Defense Electronics.

Throughout those years, I had begin dates and dates when I voluntarily resigned to pursue other career opportunities and explore new career options. I am not ready to retire from this career path anytime soon, but I do need to spend a lot more time on my current and future work assignments which means I will have very little time to be on social networking sites such as powwows.com.

With the Obama Administration cancelling the Constellation program, the move was made to veer away from a moon base and more towards a Near-Earth object mission and an eventual Mars landing. The attached NASA video shows progress on building the Orion spacecraft which I am currently supporting. Orion is a retooled multi-purpose crew vehicle based on designs and tests already completed.
              http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/video...a_id=125642591

The remainder of my copious time will be devoted to supporting control momentum gyroscopes which are used to maneuver, stabilize and maintain spacecraft attitude control systems.

I plan to take down my photo albums on January 22, 2012, so if anyone wants to take one last look at them, please do so and as always, comments are greatly appreciated.

I also plan to finish out 2012 with commitments that I have already made for providing sound reinforcement systems to powwows throughout the southwest, but time will tell if I continue that beyond January 1, 2013. Visit the Arizona Powwows and Beyond thread if you happen to be in the area for places where I might be during the year.

I shall post my Hágoónee' later.
              ok who stole Ta'neeszahnii Techno and better bring him back right now !!!! lets see its not April fool,,, tho he must just teasing about leaving ,i hope but why dang it, come on Ta'neeszahnii Techno you don't need to leave or take down your photos really whats up ...i always thought you were a iron horse rider and in to fast things how could i have been so wrong
              Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

Comment

Can I say booo with out sounding mean? lol Dont totally quit us please I will miss you very much :( I know we do things for a reason and I know you have said you do. Just know we are always here for you .
                I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

yeah what she said :(
                  also we all thank you for the help you have given to powwows
                  Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 01-11-2012, 04:19 PM.
                  Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

Comment

Aw man............:(
                    ...it is what it is...

Comment

WOW, TT! I'm a very sad to hear about your departing from us but I am happy to hear that you have had a very lucrative career and are continuing your life's work. I hope to see you on here and out there in the powwow world. Have a goot one friend.

BTW, give me a buzz if you are going to sell any of your gear.
                      CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                      sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

And Darn!! Valentine's Day is coming up!!!

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                        Aw man............:(
                        [MENTION=4752]wyo_rose[/MENTION], my dear friend! What else can I say but that all the hexing was fun!! My 1s will always be close to your 0s!!

Originally posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan View Post
                        yeah what she said :(
                        also we all thank you for the help you have given to powwows
                        [MENTION=31580]2lineCarrandMorgan[/MENTION], a long time friend too, I only do what I need to do. Thank you for the photo comments!

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                        Can I say booo with out sounding mean? lol Dont totally quit us please I will miss you very much :( I know we do things for a reason and I know you have said you do. Just know we are always here for you .
                        [MENTION=30314]Eagle Plumes[/MENTION], I know we've been supporting one another through the years with silly posts and visitors messages and those will never be forgotten. Some good times, take care of your family my dear friend!

Originally posted by LISA IRONMAKER View Post
                        Awww thats sad cuz Imma miss you on here TT
                        [MENTION=7316]LISA IRONMAKER[/MENTION], we both know the naughty messages we exhanged were entirely just in fun, but you know, I will never make it up north and I know you will never survive 1 hour in the hot AZ summer heat as well. However, keep them Laker-boys in line and maybe, just maybe they can make it to the playoffs once again!

Comment

your welcome,, sniff sniff dabbing at my eyes and still thankful

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                            WOW, TT! I'm a very sad to hear about your departing from us but I am happy to hear that you have had a very lucrative career and are continuing your life's work. I hope to see you on here and out there in the powwow world. Have a goot one friend.

BTW, give me a buzz if you are going to sell any of your gear.
                            [MENTION=66121]Toolbox[/MENTION], 32 years in the business is a LONG time! I will pop in once in awhile, but definitely will finish out my 2012 edition of sound stuff. My gear is priceless and if I do let them go, they will go without any monetary exchange.

Originally posted by pigheaded View Post
                            Dang, can we at least get put in the dog house one last time before ya go?

Peace be with you my friend, all the best in your endeavors.
                            [MENTION=102570]pigheaded[/MENTION], I can't doggy-style like you and [MENTION=10532]soopashinaab[/MENTION]! Come out to Laveen or to ASU in the springtime!

Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
                            In Ojibwe we say Gigawaabamin (I shall see you again)
                            I am gonna miss you and maybe some day our paths will cross for real...
                            [MENTION=10532]soopashinaab[/MENTION], yes my friend! Our paths will cross someday. I go down to San Diego and LA quite often, so time will tell.

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                            Life can get in the way of our online activities!

You've been a force on the site and I appreciate all your work and support!

You'll be missed for sure!
                            [MENTION=2]Paul G[/MENTION], it is a pleasure to be part of the site in the small role I play. I've been on other boards and forums, but I keep coming back to this one. I will leave my photos up and check-in every now and then. Post a list of the places you plan to webcast from and perhaps I can make an effort to stop by at least once.

Comment

yeah hes keeping his old room here at powwows teah yes wonderful and thank you

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.