Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hágoónee' - my departure thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hágoónee' - my departure thread

    The Diné word Hágoónee' has generally been translated into English as "goodbye". However, traditionally, the Diné use and understand the word to mean "we are parting in a mutual agreement that the dialogue wil continue in the future".

    So it is with such sweet sorrow that I plan to retire from powwows.com on my Anniversary Date.

    My career has been long and enduring in embedded systems software engineering spanning over 32 years with companies including IBM General Products Division, Loral Defense Systems, McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Systems, The Boeing Company and currently with Honeywell Aeropace and Defense Electronics.

    Throughout those years, I had begin dates and dates when I voluntarily resigned to pursue other career opportunities and explore new career options. I am not ready to retire from this career path anytime soon, but I do need to spend a lot more time on my current and future work assignments which means I will have very little time to be on social networking sites such as powwows.com.

    With the Obama Administration cancelling the Constellation program, the move was made to veer away from a moon base and more towards a Near-Earth object mission and an eventual Mars landing. The attached NASA video shows progress on building the Orion spacecraft which I am currently supporting. Orion is a retooled multi-purpose crew vehicle based on designs and tests already completed.
    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/video...a_id=125642591

    The remainder of my copious time will be devoted to supporting control momentum gyroscopes which are used to maneuver, stabilize and maintain spacecraft attitude control systems.

    I plan to take down my photo albums on January 22, 2012, so if anyone wants to take one last look at them, please do so and as always, comments are greatly appreciated.

    I also plan to finish out 2012 with commitments that I have already made for providing sound reinforcement systems to powwows throughout the southwest, but time will tell if I continue that beyond January 1, 2013. Visit the Arizona Powwows and Beyond thread if you happen to be in the area for places where I might be during the year.

    I shall post my Hágoónee' later.

  • #2
    Life can get in the way of our online activities!

    You've been a force on the site and I appreciate all your work and support!

    You'll be missed for sure!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

    Find a Pow Wow Near You!

    Comment


    • #3
      Awww thats sad cuz Imma miss you on here TT
      lisaironmaker

      Comment


      • #4
        In Ojibwe we say Gigawaabamin (I shall see you again)
        I am gonna miss you and maybe some day our paths will cross for real...
        I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Dang, can we at least get put in the dog house one last time before ya go?

          Peace be with you my friend, all the best in your endeavors.

          Comment


          • #6
            You mean we could leave the doghouse??
            I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
              The Diné word Hágoónee' has generally been translated into English as "goodbye". However, traditionally, the Diné use and understand the word to mean "we are parting in a mutual agreement that the dialogue wil continue in the future".

              So it is with such sweet sorrow that I plan to retire from powwows.com on my Anniversary Date.

              My career has been long and enduring in embedded systems software engineering spanning over 32 years with companies including IBM General Products Division, Loral Defense Systems, McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Systems, The Boeing Company and currently with Honeywell Aeropace and Defense Electronics.

              Throughout those years, I had begin dates and dates when I voluntarily resigned to pursue other career opportunities and explore new career options. I am not ready to retire from this career path anytime soon, but I do need to spend a lot more time on my current and future work assignments which means I will have very little time to be on social networking sites such as powwows.com.

              With the Obama Administration cancelling the Constellation program, the move was made to veer away from a moon base and more towards a Near-Earth object mission and an eventual Mars landing. The attached NASA video shows progress on building the Orion spacecraft which I am currently supporting. Orion is a retooled multi-purpose crew vehicle based on designs and tests already completed.
              http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/video...a_id=125642591

              The remainder of my copious time will be devoted to supporting control momentum gyroscopes which are used to maneuver, stabilize and maintain spacecraft attitude control systems.

              I plan to take down my photo albums on January 22, 2012, so if anyone wants to take one last look at them, please do so and as always, comments are greatly appreciated.

              I also plan to finish out 2012 with commitments that I have already made for providing sound reinforcement systems to powwows throughout the southwest, but time will tell if I continue that beyond January 1, 2013. Visit the Arizona Powwows and Beyond thread if you happen to be in the area for places where I might be during the year.

              I shall post my Hágoónee' later.
              ok who stole Ta'neeszahnii Techno and better bring him back right now !!!! lets see its not April fool,,, tho he must just teasing about leaving ,i hope but why dang it, come on Ta'neeszahnii Techno you don't need to leave or take down your photos really whats up ...i always thought you were a iron horse rider and in to fast things how could i have been so wrong
              Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

              Comment


              • #8
                Can I say booo with out sounding mean? lol Dont totally quit us please I will miss you very much :( I know we do things for a reason and I know you have said you do. Just know we are always here for you .
                I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  yeah what she said :(
                  also we all thank you for the help you have given to powwows
                  Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 01-11-2012, 04:19 PM.
                  Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Aw man............:(
                    ...it is what it is...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WOW, TT! I'm a very sad to hear about your departing from us but I am happy to hear that you have had a very lucrative career and are continuing your life's work. I hope to see you on here and out there in the powwow world. Have a goot one friend.

                      BTW, give me a buzz if you are going to sell any of your gear.
                      CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                      sigpic

                      Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And Darn!! Valentine's Day is coming up!!!

                        Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                        Aw man............:(
                        [MENTION=4752]wyo_rose[/MENTION], my dear friend! What else can I say but that all the hexing was fun!! My 1s will always be close to your 0s!!


                        Originally posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan View Post
                        yeah what she said :(
                        also we all thank you for the help you have given to powwows
                        [MENTION=31580]2lineCarrandMorgan[/MENTION], a long time friend too, I only do what I need to do. Thank you for the photo comments!


                        Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                        Can I say booo with out sounding mean? lol Dont totally quit us please I will miss you very much :( I know we do things for a reason and I know you have said you do. Just know we are always here for you .
                        [MENTION=30314]Eagle Plumes[/MENTION], I know we've been supporting one another through the years with silly posts and visitors messages and those will never be forgotten. Some good times, take care of your family my dear friend!


                        Originally posted by LISA IRONMAKER View Post
                        Awww thats sad cuz Imma miss you on here TT
                        [MENTION=7316]LISA IRONMAKER[/MENTION], we both know the naughty messages we exhanged were entirely just in fun, but you know, I will never make it up north and I know you will never survive 1 hour in the hot AZ summer heat as well. However, keep them Laker-boys in line and maybe, just maybe they can make it to the playoffs once again!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          your welcome,, sniff sniff dabbing at my eyes and still thankful
                          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                            WOW, TT! I'm a very sad to hear about your departing from us but I am happy to hear that you have had a very lucrative career and are continuing your life's work. I hope to see you on here and out there in the powwow world. Have a goot one friend.

                            BTW, give me a buzz if you are going to sell any of your gear.
                            [MENTION=66121]Toolbox[/MENTION], 32 years in the business is a LONG time! I will pop in once in awhile, but definitely will finish out my 2012 edition of sound stuff. My gear is priceless and if I do let them go, they will go without any monetary exchange.


                            Originally posted by pigheaded View Post
                            Dang, can we at least get put in the dog house one last time before ya go?

                            Peace be with you my friend, all the best in your endeavors.
                            [MENTION=102570]pigheaded[/MENTION], I can't doggy-style like you and [MENTION=10532]soopashinaab[/MENTION]! Come out to Laveen or to ASU in the springtime!


                            Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
                            In Ojibwe we say Gigawaabamin (I shall see you again)
                            I am gonna miss you and maybe some day our paths will cross for real...
                            [MENTION=10532]soopashinaab[/MENTION], yes my friend! Our paths will cross someday. I go down to San Diego and LA quite often, so time will tell.


                            Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                            Life can get in the way of our online activities!

                            You've been a force on the site and I appreciate all your work and support!

                            You'll be missed for sure!
                            [MENTION=2]Paul G[/MENTION], it is a pleasure to be part of the site in the small role I play. I've been on other boards and forums, but I keep coming back to this one. I will leave my photos up and check-in every now and then. Post a list of the places you plan to webcast from and perhaps I can make an effort to stop by at least once.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yeah hes keeping his old room here at powwows teah yes wonderful and thank you
                              Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Dweick
                                by by for the summer
                                by Dweick
                                Hi all that I know on here just wanted do let you all know I took a job for the summer in Baltimore and Dc So I wont be around much and will have to pass up the regular powwows till the end of August ( Cept for the one in Dc Aug Tenth) but this is kinda going to be my adventure hardworking vacation...
                                05-16-2007, 01:22 AM
                              • Smokin' Ace
                                Alzheimer's Linked To Diabetes
                                by Smokin' Ace
                                Alzheimer's Linked To Diabetes
                                CHICAGO, May 18, 2004


                                Diabetes might significantly increase the risk of developing Alzheimer's, a study of 824 nuns, priests and Roman Catholic brothers found, bolstering the evidence linking the two diseases.

                                The participants...
                                05-19-2004, 02:35 PM
                              • tohani
                                To Start Again
                                by tohani
                                Hi, I'm here because I know I need the support in battling to dance again for years now. I'm 33 years old and I have always been taught the old ways, our values and being a strong native woman. I have the tools, the resources, the passion but I need a boost here. I was brought up in the pow-wow circle...
                                03-25-2008, 02:28 PM
                              • whitewave
                                pottery
                                by whitewave
                                I am very creative, I used to paint a lot but in the last couple years I have been discouraged with that. I really want some more hands on things to do, so I have decided to try my hand at beadwork and jewelery. For a long time I have wanted to do pottery. I did a little bit in I don't just want...
                                04-26-2007, 03:14 PM
                              • NancyJo
                                Recovering from Sprains
                                by NancyJo
                                I had an accident last weekend and ended up with a MCL Sprain (Mideal Collateral Ligiment Sprain......and torn meniscus - cartalage in knee). Ouch. Not fun. I am in a splint and having to use crutches for two weeks, then an MRI and visit to Orthopedic surgeon to see if the ligment and tears will...
                                08-14-2011, 05:20 PM

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              • OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

                                Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 12:08 PM

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X