Crow Tobacco Planting and Elk Robes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crow Tobacco Planting and Elk Robes

I recently saw 2 photos by ES Curtis and Miller? of the Crow Tobacco Planting Ceremony. The people were wearing robes with elk teeth on them. Doesn anyone know the significance of the elk teeth robes? Was it just a decoration? Was it war honors? Did it have a meaning for the Tobacco Ceremony? I found info on the ceremony but nothing about the robes. Maybe they just happened to be wearing them? An inquireing mind wants to know. thanks.
    There are 2 types of people in the world...
    Really stupid people who think they are smart
    and
    Really smart people who think they are smart.

I find it interesting, but none the less wouldn't an answer that comes by word of mouth be more meaningful then one here? Granted we all have access to several means of info, well maybe for some it's not as easy. Hence maybe yor question? You have to give a little to get a little?
    "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

huh?

So I guess you dont know either?
      and

Comment

Besides, the only Crow people I know I can ask are on this board.
        And they seem quite knowledgable, unless they are just good actors.
        and

Comment

WELL PM THEM THEN.....

You missed my whole point......... Good Luck....
          "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Originally posted by billyjoejimbob
            Good actors huh...*L* Well THAT'S a step in the right direction to getting your answer...

"I'm so fresh and you so not..." ~ Dvera

Comment

Originally posted by billyjoejimbob

watch whut you say there Mister THEM there are FIGHTIN WORDS :large:
              *~*~*~Do Not Lead me in to Temptation I can Find it myself*~*~*~ :D :uptosomet

Comment

Well I dont all of you here but you guys seem to have good references.
                and

Comment

WEll see theres are people in tha tribe that know mo bout it Cuz tabacco society and errthang i jus cant explain PM me and i will give ya an addy for this lady who knows mo bout it aiight
                  *~*~*~Do Not Lead me in to Temptation I can Find it myself*~*~*~ :D :uptosomet

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                    by OLChemist
                    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                    06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                  • NahimanaSung
                    Hosting young girl in rez
                    by NahimanaSung
                    Hey!

I'm half Lakota/Dakota native american, currently living in France. I'm 18 years old, and at a point in my life where I really feel the need to explore my ancestry and learn more about my culture.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum or way to ask,...
                    03-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X