No announcement yet.

Books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm currently reading Dark Hollow by Brian Keene.
    Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

• Right now I'm reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.
      Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

Comment

• I'm reading the new James Patterson "Alex Cross:Run"

Comment

• I'm currently reading The Last Apprentice: Slither by Joseph Delaney. It's book 11 and the newest one in the series. It was just released in January.

Comment

• Nez Perce Language dictionary.
            sigpic
            R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• I am currently reading Spooky Pennsylvania by S.E. Schlosser. It's actually really good.

The most recent books I've bought are City of the Dead by Brian Keene, Lost in Foreign Passions by Debra Kamza and The Last Apprentice: Clash of the Demons by Joseph Delaney.

Comment

• Since I joined the Fish & Wildlife crew, I read pamphlets on fish and all the wildlife native to the rez and to WA state. And also the trapping season and what animals you cannot trap or kill.

And we have caught a lot of invasive species of fish in the river.
                sigpic
                R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• Today I finished Lost in Foreign Passions by Debra Kamza and now I'm reading The Last Apprentice: A Coven of Witches by Joseph Delaney.

Comment

• I'm currently reading The Dreaming Volume 1 by Queenie Chan and Ghost Huntress: The Awakening by Marley Gibson.

Comment

• I finished reading The Dreaming Volume 1 by Queenie Chan. It was good. I liked it. I'm still reading Ghost Huntress: The Awakening by Marley Gibson, but I'm not very far into it.

I also joined a reading challenge on Goodreads. It is the 50 states challenge and I have read book at least one book for each state. All the books have to be young adult. I've already found some to read. The first Ghost Huntress is one of them and it is set in the state of Georgia.

And on Friday, I went to Mount Joy's library book sale. These are the books I bought:

Whisper in the Dark by Joseph Bruchac
                      Sonic Archives Volume 1
                      Hex by Arthur H. Lewis
                      The Fairy's Mistake by Gail Carson Levine
                      Sky Rider by Nancy Springer
                      Don't Look Behind You by Lois Duncan
                      Count Karlstein by Philip Pullman
                      The Celery Stalks at Midnight by James Howe
                      Horror at the Haunted House by Peg Kehret
                      Deep and Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn
                      The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
                      Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost by Cornelia Funke
                      The Ghost's Grave by Peg Kehret
                      Real Vampires by Daniel Cohen

Comment

• I read the whole The Dreaming trilogy by Queenie Chan and it was very good. I quite enjoyed it. After that, I read The Ghost Huntress: The Awakening by Marley Gibson and Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan. Didn't really enjoy either of those books very much.

Now I'm reading Goody Hall by Natalie Babbitt, which I am enjoying very much.

Today I am going to another library book sale. I'll post what I got later.

Comment

• just starting A Song of Ice and Fire, book one

Comment

• I'm currently reading Devil's Footsteps by E.E. Richard. Really liking it so far.

Earlier this month I went to another book sale and this is what I got:

one, Vol. 5: Rock Jaw Master of the Eastern Border by Jeff Smith
                            The Magicians of Caprona by Diana Wynne Jones
                            The Last Apprentice: Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney
                            Tales of Terror, Case of the On-line Alien and Muttketeer are all Wishbone books
                            Spongebob Squarepants: Deep-Sea Tales
                            Bone, Vol. 3: Eyes of the Storm by Jeff Smith
                            Cryptid Hunters by Roland Smith
                            The Secret of Sarah Revere by Ann Rinaldi
                            The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
                            The Great Ghost Rescue by Eva Ibbotson

Comment

• I'm currently reading The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore.

Comment

• I'm currently reading Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz.

The most recent books I've got are:

Dark Secrets: Legacy of Lies by Elizabeth Chandler
                                Dancing in my Nuddy-Pants by Louise Rennison
                                The Jersey Devil by James F. McCloy

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.