No announcement yet.

Books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm reading My Descent into Death by Howard Storm.
    Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

• I have not ready anything new lately. I finished the following books again...

Battlefield Earth - L Ron Hubbard
      Heretics of Dune - Frank Herbert
      People of the Owl - Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Niel Gear
      sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

• Today I finished reading Hellboy Volume 4: The Right Hand of Doom by Mike Mignola and have started reading The Possibilities of Sainthood by Donna Freitas.
        Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

Comment

• Just finished re-reading "Blasphemy" by Sherman Alexie. Now I'm on "The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun" by Tolkien. Next I'm planning on doing the Count of Monte Cristo, seeing as how I've watched the movie so many times but never got around to the book.

Comment

• re reading Children of Dune - Frank Herbert...I miss this book! lol I had to go to the book store in another town and pick up another copy after searching all the bookshelves for this, since I decided to re read the whole series...

Comment

• I just finished re - reading Queen of the Damned, by Anne Rice. And started on Paul of Dune (Heroes of Dune) by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.

Comment

• I'm currently reading Paint the Wind by Pam Munoz Ryan.

Comment

• A few days ago I bought two books: Haunted Island by Joan Lowery Nixon and A Ghost in the House by Betty Ren Wright.

I'm currently reading Hellboy Volume 6: Strange Places by Mike Mignola and Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim.

Comment

• Read the newspaper...not much else.
                    sigpic
                    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• Books

The books I'm reading right now are the following :

Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog

Where the white man fear to tread by Russel Means

The Lakota Way by Joseph M. Marshall III

The Native American Experience by Jay Wertz

Trail of Tears by : The rise and fall of the Cherokee Nation by John Ehle

1494 : New Revelations of the Americas before Columbus by Charles C. Mann ( 2nd Edition )

Can anyone recommend any other great authors and books ? I prefer books written by Native American Indians who had the experience first hand. But if not , any book will do :)

Thank you for your time !!

Comment

• Currently reading The Haunting on Devil's Den Road by Karen Chilton.

Comment

• Currently I'm not reading anything, but I might go back and start the Artemis Fowl series over again...
                          Alamo Corporate Housing

Comment

• I'm reading Wicked Cruel by Rich Wallace.

Comment

• Finished reading Come Morning by Leslie Davis Guccione. Now I'm reading Precious Bones by Mika Ashley-Hollinger.

I got Easy Street (The Hard Way) by Ron Perlman in the mail. I pre-ordered it in July and it is released today. I'll start to read that soon.

Comment

• I'm currently reading The Rising by Brian Keene.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.