No announcement yet.

Books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading Star Quilt: Poems by Roberta Hill Whiteman.
    Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

Finished 11-22-63 a couple weeks ago.

Just finished the first Hunger Games book yesterday and started book 2 today.
      New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Just started reading Stone Heart: A Novel of Sacajawea by Diane Glancy.
        Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
          Finished 11-22-63 a couple weeks ago.

Just finished the first Hunger Games book yesterday and started book 2 today.
          How did you like 11-22-63? I read it about a month ago!

Comment

no books...only newspapers...my life the past decade has been in some of the events and like to stay informed on current events.
            sigpic
            R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Originally posted by Stands Alone View Post
              How did you like 11-22-63? I read it about a month ago!
              Story was great. Loved the characters. The ending was rushed for me. Lot of build up for a quick ending.
              New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Made me think about all the times I wish I could have changed things, never thinking about how it could change other people's lives. Everything happens for a reason!

Comment

I'm currently reading A Princess and Her Garden: Becoming The Queen of Yourself by Patricia R. Adson, Ph.D. I won it in a giveaway from Goodreads.

On Saturday I bought 7 books for $1.25!

This is what I got:

Murdered, My Sweet by Joan Lowery Nixon
                  The Other Side of Dark by Joan Lowery Nixon
                  Secret, Silent Screams by Joan Lowery Nixon
                  Daughters of Eve by Lois Duncan
                  A Gift of Magic by Lois Duncan
                  They Never Came Back by Lois Duncan
                  Out of the Dark by Betty Ren Wright

And today I bought a two books from my library's book store. They are:

All The Lovely Bad Ones by Mary Downing Hahn
                  Encyclopedia of Native American Tribes by Carl Waldman

Comment

I just finished Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I read the other 2. Great book. Good Trilogy...The movie came out on DVD today...can't wait to see how well or bad they did on it Thursday.
                    sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

I'm reading Ghoul by Brian Keene. The movie based on this book premieres next month on Chiller and I wanted to read this before I see the movie. The book is pretty good so far.

Comment

Finished Ghoul yesterday. It was a great book. I'm looking forward to the movie and I know I'll be reading more books by Brian Keene.

Now I'm reading Seekers Return to the Wild: Island of Shadows by Erin Hunter.

Comment

Finished the "The Renegades" yesterday, wasn't a very good read...didn't really capture my attention.

Started reading "Bridges of Madison County" by Robert James Waller. Have never seen the movie, so I'll see how the book goes on whether or not I want to see the movie!

Comment

Today I started reading From This Moment On by Shania Twain. I've already read over 70 pages and it is pretty interesting. I didn't know that her dad and stepdad were both Indian.

Comment

Finished "Bridges of Madison County" I have to say it made me cry! I don't agree with having an affair....but a love that strong! Wow!

Started "The Woods" by Harlan Coben

Comment

I started and finished "Don't Look Behind You" by Ann Rule. It was good. I also started and finished 3 books with the first book called "Hunger Games", one called "MockingJay", and something else. I don't remember the author, but they were excellent reads. The movie just now came out, so I want to go see that. :)
                                sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.