Books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently reading:

Grandmother's Grandchild: My Crow Indian Life - Alma Hogan Snell & Becky Matthews
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
      I started and finished "Don't Look Behind You" by Ann Rule. It was good. I also started and finished 3 books with the first book called "Hunger Games", one called "MockingJay", and something else. I don't remember the author, but they were excellent reads. The movie just now came out, so I want to go see that. :)
      I think the other book is called Catching Fire and the author is Suzanne Collins.

Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
      Currently reading:

Grandmother's Grandchild: My Crow Indian Life - Alma Hogan Snell & Becky Matthews
      Is it good? Would it be a book you'd recommend?
      Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

On Friday I bought two books, Geronimo by Joseph Bruchac and The Ghosts of Now by Joan Lowery Nixon.

Today I finished reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney and now I am currently reading Why I Left the Amish by Saloma Miller Furlong.
        Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
          I started and finished "Don't Look Behind You" by Ann Rule. It was good. I also started and finished 3 books with the first book called "Hunger Games", one called "MockingJay", and something else. I don't remember the author, but they were excellent reads. The movie just now came out, so I want to go see that. :)
          I just read "The Hunger Games", too!! Now I'm looking for "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins...2nd in the series. "Mockingjay" is out all over, but I want to read them in order.

The movie looks great, but I probably can't see it until it comes out on DVD..then I'll just buy it!

I'm also reading a 474 page doctorate dissertation from this dude that did an anthropological study on my ggg grandfather's family. 1/3 of the way through...very interesting for the most part...hitting a dry area now so it's hard to continue...but it's taken with a grain of salt.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Its not a book...a local cars for sale publication...Wheel Deals...

I like the BMW and Mercedes...not sure on what I want yet.
            sigpic
            R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Finished reading Why I Left the Amish by Saloma Miller Furlong. I thought it was a really great book. It is definitely one that I plan on buying.

Now I'm reading Mexican Whiteboy by Matt de la Pena.

Comment

If you ever come across The White Indian Boy and Return of The White Indian Boy, please check them out. Interesting and a great account of this little Mormon kid running away with the Shoshone Indians back in the day...TRUE STORY!

OK, I found Catching Fire - 2nd in the Hunger Game trilogy - finished it last night by the glow of the yard light. Now off to get Mockingjay...then going to the MOVIES!!
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                  If you ever come across The White Indian Boy and Return of The White Indian Boy, please check them out. Interesting and a great account of this little Mormon kid running away with the Shoshone Indians back in the day...TRUE STORY!

OK, I found Catching Fire - 2nd in the Hunger Game trilogy - finished it last night by the glow of the yard light. Now off to get Mockingjay...then going to the MOVIES!!
                  I'll look for those books. Thanks for recommending them.

Comment

Currently reading The Associate by John Grisham. Up next...The Litigators.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Finished reading "The Woods"....very good book! Got to the halfway point in the book and had to keep reading it to get to the end!

Started "The Shining" by Stephen King last night! Have seen the movie several times but never read the book. Usually I have read his books before the movie comes out because the book is usually scarier than the movie!!

Comment

Just started reading Terminal by Brian Keene.

Comment

Finished Terminal and now I'm reading Custer Died For Your Sins: An Indian Manifesto by Vine Deloria, Jr.

Comment

A library close to me just had their annual book sale, so I went on Friday. I got quite a few books.

Here is what I got:

The Indian Way: Learning to Communicate with Mother Earth by Gary McLain
                            Who Killed My Daughter? by Lois Duncan
                            Walks Alone by Brian Burks
                            To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
                            Black Dawn, Bright Day by Sun Bear
                            Waterlily by Ella Cara Deloria
                            Cirque Du Freak: The Lake of Souls by Darren Shan
                            Kingdom Hearts Volume 1
                            The Midnight Mystery by Betty Ren Wright
                            The Vampire Diaries: The Fury by L.J. Smith
                            Ghost Town: Seven Ghostly Stories by Joan Lowery Nixon
                            Taken by Thomas Cook
                            The Adventures of Wishbone: Robinhound Crusoe by Caroline Leavitt
                            Writing Magic: Creating Stories That Fly by Gail Carson Levine
                            Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
                            Casebusters #6: Secret of the Time Capsule by Joan Lowery Nixon

Comment

I've read "Black Dawn, Bright Day" by Sunbear

Pretty interesting book!!

I'm still reading "The Shining" by Steven King, it's going rather slow....I've been busy taking the online Cherokee language lessons!

Comment

Currently reading "Confessions of a Yakuza" by Junichi Saga. It's really interesting if you are into the history or interested in old Japan.
                                youth ministry study resources

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.