No announcement yet.

Books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just started reading Nightwoods by Charles Frazier. Today I'm going to the library to borrow more books for the summer reading program.
    Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

I bought Chasing Rainbows for my daughter, but I'm reading it first. NO, not the novel by the same name, but a book by Barry Friedman about the history and collecting of Pendleton blankets. VERY interesting!!
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Right now I'm reading Miracle Girls Volume 3.
        Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

Comment

Im so not a book person, but my son just downloaded The Hunger Games to the ipad...I might try to read...He says its good! He's just 13 and loves to read...SO THANKFUL!!!
          Be strong, but not rude.
          Be kind, but not weak.
          Be bold, but don't bully.
          Be humble, but not shy.
          Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

I'm reading Mountain Ghost Stories and Curious Tales of Western North Carolina.

Comment

I'm currently reading Who Is Maria Tallchief? by Catherine Gourley.

Comment

I just finished (re-)reading:

1635: The Eastern Front by Eric Flint
                1636: The Saxon Uprising by Eric Flint

I highly recommend the 1632 (a.k.a. Ring of Fire) series to anyone who likes alt-history sci-fi... The basic premise is a small West Virginia town of about 3000 people gets zapped through time and space from May of 2000 to April in the year 1631, and the impact that its having on 17th century Europe.

Originally posted by Tsalagi_Phoenix View Post
                Right now I'm reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.
                My fiance and I saw the movie the weekend it came out... I thought it was incredibly well done, considering its rather zany premise (but I happen to like zany premises, as long as they're done well... Last fall we both went to see "Cowboys and Aliens" when it came out)....
                The text in my avatar reads: "We still speak the mother tongue" in Pennsylvania German.

Comment

Originally posted by Hikaro Takayama View Post
                  I just finished (re-)reading:

1635: The Eastern Front by Eric Flint
                  1636: The Saxon Uprising by Eric Flint

I highly recommend the 1632 (a.k.a. Ring of Fire) series to anyone who likes alt-history sci-fi... The basic premise is a small West Virginia town of about 3000 people gets zapped through time and space from May of 2000 to April in the year 1631, and the impact that its having on 17th century Europe.

My fiance and I saw the movie the weekend it came out... I thought it was incredibly well done, considering its rather zany premise (but I happen to like zany premises, as long as they're done well... Last fall we both went to see "Cowboys and Aliens" when it came out)....
                  I didn't get to see it when it was on the theater so I'll catch it on DVD. It looks like a really good movie though. I liked the book.

Right now I'm reading Beast by Donna Jo Napoli.

Comment

"The Further Chronicles of Conan" by Robert Jordan
                    "Don't trust anyone who isn't angry."
                    - John Trudell

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
                    - Me

Comment

Must read book about Native women...

Many Tender Ties... about the women in the fur trade.
                      A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

Just finished reading "Tales of Beedle the Bard" by J.K. Rowling... It's the book of Wizard fairy tales that's mentioned in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".
                        The text in my avatar reads: "We still speak the mother tongue" in Pennsylvania German.

Comment

I'm reading the Alex Cross series by James Patterson.

Also another good book: The Cherokee Herbal: Native Plant Medicine from the Four Directions by J.T.Garrett

Comment

I'm reading Dark World: Into the Shadows with the Lead Investigator of The Ghost Adventures Crew by Zak Bagans

Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                            Must read book about Native women...

Many Tender Ties... about the women in the fur trade.
                            I added it to my to read list.

Comment

I finished Tribute by Nora Roberts. I really did like it and didn't realize who the killer was until she showed up at the house!!! hahahaha.
                              sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

I'm reading The Hollow Kingdom by Clare B. Dunkle. I'm about 100 pages in and it is really good.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.