No announcement yet.

Books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am re-reading alot of books that I have recently recovered from moving my house around...so currently I am reading Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear's "People of the Silence". I just finished reading People of the River....I think. Hmmm, now I'm not so sure, but good books, had them for years, looking a lil tatty, but I have no desire to go further than Wal-Mart to look for books and there is no purpose looking there... :)
    sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
      Awesome, I had read that it was 8 books somewhere in the far distant past. I will have to go back and find them and start from the beginning. :) thanks 2Line.
      your welcome, the libary is where im getting the Cd for #8 this next week its on order for me, o n thomas card ,mine got blew up a long time ago !!!! befor thomas libary card, it was half price books, wonderful place tooo
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

Comment

• I'm reading The Hunger Games. I've heard it is good so I finally got it from the library.
        Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

• i got the audio book almost like reading and the King himself is the one reading his story to me humm pretty good 10 cds, and i got 55 hr of driving this week. The wind thou the key hole. by Steven King the 8th in the
          Dark Towers....: muhhhhh
          Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 09-23-2012, 09:31 PM.
          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

Comment

• and to day i saw 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz at HEB that the name of our store around here anyway i will look for him next on the shelf or order him in dang the library make it nice to read Thomas gets most of his DVD from there, we have about 7 library's we go to looking for what we want or we can just order on line and they will send it to the one we ask them to .. easy as pie anyway nice

Comment

• we have the carnegie library here but it doesn't stay open past 5pm, and thats when I get off. It's not open on the weekends either. I can't take off to go get a library card...lol We have a hastings in the next town over, so if I have some extra funds, that's where I go to purchase used books or the VFW does a book fundraiser, which is where I stock up on books once a year. I bought like 40 dollars worth of books there last winter, a dollar a book...and after I exchanged the money, the lady behind the counter said, if you come back at 2pm, the books are gonna be 50 cents apiece...I was like D'oh....lol
              sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

• I'm reading The Pagan Mysteries of Halloween: Celebrating The Dark Half of the Year by Jean Markale.
                Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

Comment

• Just finished reading I Don't Know How She Does It.

Great read for married, working moms!

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

• Yesterday I went to my local library's annual book sale. It was $7 a bag so I put as many books in that bag as I could and I got a bunch. Here is what I got:

The Dollhouse Murders by Betty Ren Wright
                    Goosebumps Monster Edition #1 by R.L. Stine
                    The Story of Sitting Bull by Lisa Eisenberg
                    The Road to Avonlea #1 by Dennis Adair
                    Pocahontas: Hello, Funny Face by Margo Lundell
                    American Indian Prophecies by Kurt Kaltreider
                    Union Chronicles #2: Song of the Wanderer by Bruce Coville.
                    The Princess and The Goblin by Michael MacDonald
                    Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody
                    The Reluctant Dragon by Kenneth Grahame
                    The Dragon of Lonely Island by Rebecca Rupp
                    The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson
                    Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison by Lois Lenski
                    Ghost Island by Jan O'Donnell Klaveness
                    Land of Dreams by Joan Lowery Nixon
                    Christina's Ghost by Betty Ren Wright
                    How To Train Your Dragon Book 1
                    Haunted Animals, Haunted Campers and Haunted Teachers all by Allan Zullo
                    Who Stole Halloween? by Martha Freeman
                    Quotes For Kids by Lisa Meyer
                    Jeannie Out of the Bottle by Barbara Eden
                    My Life and other Unfinished Business by Dolly Parton
                    The Birchbark House Louise Erdrich
                    Ghosts of Fear Street #3 by R.L. Stine
                    Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson
                    Rowan Hood: Outlaw Girl of Sherwood Forest by Nancy Springer
                    The Incredible Journey by Shelia Burnford
                    Midnight Fright: A Collection of Ghost Stories by various authors
                    Life-Changing Affirmations by Vicky Thompson
                    Indian Sign Language by Robert Hofsnide
                    Behind The Attic Wall by Sylvia Cassedy.

Comment

• I'm not really a book person but I did purchase I Declare by Joel Osteen...he is my fave...I purchased his new book at his Night of Hope Service when he came to OK. It was so amazing and very uplifting!! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Lakewood Church but we were blessed to see Joel right here in Oklahoma! So check it out....it's a great book!
                      Attached Files
                      Be strong, but not rude.
                      Be kind, but not weak.
                      Be bold, but don't bully.
                      Be humble, but not shy.
                      Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

• "Year Zero" by Rob Ried. It is delightfully weird.
                        "Don't trust anyone who isn't angry."
                        - John Trudell

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
                        - Me

Comment

• I'm reading Horror at the Haunted House by Peg Kehret.

Comment

• A few days ago I started reading Where White Men Fear To Tread by Russell Means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsalagi_Phoenix View Post
                              Yesterday I went to my local library's annual book sale. It was $7 a bag so I put as many books in that bag as I could and I got a bunch. Here is what I got:

The Dollhouse Murders by Betty Ren Wright
                              Goosebumps Monster Edition #1 by R.L. Stine
                              The Story of Sitting Bull by Lisa Eisenberg
                              The Road to Avonlea #1 by Dennis Adair
                              Pocahontas: Hello, Funny Face by Margo Lundell
                              American Indian Prophecies by Kurt Kaltreider
                              Union Chronicles #2: Song of the Wanderer by Bruce Coville.
                              The Princess and The Goblin by Michael MacDonald
                              Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody
                              The Reluctant Dragon by Kenneth Grahame
                              The Dragon of Lonely Island by Rebecca Rupp
                              The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson
                              Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison by Lois Lenski
                              Ghost Island by Jan O'Donnell Klaveness
                              Land of Dreams by Joan Lowery Nixon
                              Christina's Ghost by Betty Ren Wright
                              How To Train Your Dragon Book 1
                              Haunted Animals, Haunted Campers and Haunted Teachers all by Allan Zullo
                              Who Stole Halloween? by Martha Freeman
                              Quotes For Kids by Lisa Meyer
                              Jeannie Out of the Bottle by Barbara Eden
                              My Life and other Unfinished Business by Dolly Parton
                              The Birchbark House Louise Erdrich
                              Ghosts of Fear Street #3 by R.L. Stine
                              Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson
                              Rowan Hood: Outlaw Girl of Sherwood Forest by Nancy Springer
                              The Incredible Journey by Shelia Burnford
                              Midnight Fright: A Collection of Ghost Stories by various authors
                              Life-Changing Affirmations by Vicky Thompson
                              Indian Sign Language by Robert Hofsnide
                              Behind The Attic Wall by Sylvia Cassedy.
                              wow

Comment

• Originally posted by cris_neva View Post
                                I'm not really a book person but I did purchase I Declare by Joel Osteen...he is my fave...I purchased his new book at his Night of Hope Service when he came to OK. It was so amazing and very uplifting!! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Lakewood Church but we were blessed to see Joel right here in Oklahoma! So check it out....it's a great book!
                                we like him also hes on the tube sunday morning he always starts with a joke Thomas is disapointed when we miss the joke sooo anyway hes part of our sunday

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.