Northern Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Lights

Every nation has their own beliefs about natural occurrences. What does yours say the northern lights? I was told here that it is a good sign that the next day would be a good day. :)

~! Northern Lights

I'm ojibwe from MN & my elders told me that when they are Northern Lights out, they are "Having a Welcome" to someone who just died. Like, after a traditional funeral/burial for a someone who passed, at night, there will be lights in the North...duh...and they will be sort of white & light green. They move also because "They are dancing." You also can't point or even stare @ them for a long time. I stared @ them for a long time once and they started 2 move...i got scared...Well, this is what I was told about them.

Comment

very good! waewaenen wicked. :)

Comment

I seen them for the first time ever in my life when we went to Sisseton, SD on the way to Bismarck. I thought it was cool but my bro got scared of them. hahaha

My grandma said it means the warriors are coming home...
        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

We were told they are the spirits of our ancestors gone by and we are told not to whistle at them shhhh! :Quiet
          "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

:Thinking I wouldn't know cuz i live in Arizona and we dont' got any northern lights here.. only northern lights i seen was on umm that one tv show called Passions back some time ago it was called the "Aurora Boree Alis" or something like that lol..

sorry i seen it on like the educational channels tho :D

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
              We were told they are the spirits of our ancestors gone by and we are told not to whistle at them shhhh! :Quiet
              Waasnode.

Spirits dancing in the sky.

Don't know exactly why, but I wouldn't whistle at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
                Waasnode.

Spirits dancing in the sky.

Don't know exactly why, but I wouldn't whistle at them.
                Wassnodeh gii niikaazeh kiiwenzii?
                You don't whistle at them b'cuz you're not supposed to even though you dont know why you never whistled at them. *LOL*.
                "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

looking for a poww-wow

i'm nimi_migizi kwe i am a mic-mac but i've speek ojibay some stay home mom,age 40 + loking to meet new people
                  night_star

Comment

i was told it was Paul Bunyan and Babe the Big Blue Ox messin around up north.:p
                    yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

In case your wondering..i was only joking LOL!!!!!!
                      yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

I was told ur not posta whistle at them because they will come down and take you away.
                        I was also told..the reason why they come out is
                        They are celebrating a new coming to the spirit world.
                        AND
                        I was also told if you whistle, they dance for you
                        Unless that was when you ball up your fists and rub your fingers together..forgot
                        (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

hmm... dont' know what my nation says about them... I guess I'm gonna have to ask someone at home. But when I worked in Denali, you can hear them... so we would howl to let other workers and people staying at the hotel know they were out so they could enjoy them as well.
                          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• Piderhuu
                            Park corner bench
                            by Piderhuu
                            During these afternoons, I suddenly saw an elderly couple. They are around 80 years old. The old couple walk hand in hand. They chirped and chatted like a young couple. Husband talks, wife laughs and vice versa.

After walking for a while, the old couple helped each other to sit on a ghe...
                            Yesterday, 11:22 PM
                          • OLChemist
                            Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                            by OLChemist
                            *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                            06-21-2021, 12:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X