Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian women: Define what is being "treated good?"

-------

I recently had a conversation with three Indian women who were in their 20's. Two of the women were single one was married. All were from different tribes.

I asked them to define what they thought "being treated good by their man" meant?

The first woman said "having a man that is able to take care of me financially and being able to travel."

The second women said, "having him pay attention to me when we are out in public."

The third said, "not getting beat in front of my kids!"

Ladies:

What does BEING TREATED GOOD BY YOUR MAN mean to you???
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Respect. Nuff said...
    Got percap?

Comment

respect, communication and believing in me:)
      WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
      Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibby™
        Respect. Nuff said...
        Yep:clap: , trust faithfulness
        I don't consider money a factor at all. I'm not materialistic, money doesn't make me happy, and money is not always going to be there, it just sometimes simply fades away. No need to depend on a man
        (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

Respect , Honor . Family comes first . An did I mention Respect.
          Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
          Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

_____

I whole heartedly agree that respect is essential.

But what if a guy respects you but "can't" take care of you the way you need a man to take care of you?

Is this still treatin' you good??????

or is it "showing him the way out the door time?"

____

To me that would be like steak........ without the steaksauce.
            Last edited by WhoMe; 10-31-2003, 04:16 PM.

Comment

When he worships the ground you walk on.:D

Comment

A man should

In my world a man should treat a woman with respect if she deserves it, #1 consideration, help with responsibilities, compassion, loyalty and romance. I above all would love to be treated with tender love and kindness.

All or not, it can be taught and a man can be trained LOL but it would be nice if a man can do these by them selves.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
                  _____

But what if a guy respects you but "can't" take care of you the way you need a man to take care of you?

Is this still treatin' you good??????

~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~*
                  "Can't" or doesn't know how? Some fellas just weren't brought up knowing how and what a lady desires or needs....:(. I would say the differences are vast but ladies seeking a fellas companionship whether long or short term, it all depends on the individual...:), but I think many of the same "benefits" if you will, are desired by most ladies.

"Being treated good by my man" wish list....;)

*having him not be jealous (but being able to come to me if he has an insecurity about so~n~so)

*having him enjoy my company and not just "needing" it

*when I speak with him, have him really "listen" and "hear" what I say

*not afraid of treating me like a real lady (ie., opening the door for me, holding me close when it's cold :p, never 'honk' for me; but come and get me, don't ever just hang up on me, don't ever curse my name, etc.)

*being treated good, I think, is having my man compliment me every so often. Not everyday, but I mean enough to let me know he sees the good things in me and appreciates them.... :)

*also, being able to grow and become all I want and can become without my man feeling jealous or scared of my desired growth as a person

*let's see, what else.....;)awww yes, physical comfortness, a man who isn't afraid to hold me every chance we can and just smother each other with our affection and love....:2: (yes, this even means hand-holding.....)

*Enjoys same likes....

*Treats my family as he would his own....(but only if it's a healthy relationship....lol....:p)

*Understands we each need room for our "independence" yet still be a couple

*being treated good also for me means, he's willing to accept my "flaws" and not try and "change" me

*it also means we are able to feel comfortable with each other in any situation....whether it be a sad occassion, a happy occassion, a serious occassion, a business event, a family event, or just in our own space.....:)

These are just a few things......lol.......but just as everyone else mentioned, respect is the main ingrediant...

BTW....all this is reciprocal on my part too, I'd treat him with the same respect...:)
                  Last edited by Dezgn8veDriver; 10-31-2003, 05:05 PM.
                  "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it."

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:

Comment

Well whome , yes a man should be able to help provide for the home . Myself I am an independant woman so nuff said there.
                    A relationship is many things not just money sure that helps , but what most ppl need is love an attention consideration for a long day when both work an only one is expected to do all the work at home . A caring hand when your day is so tuff you dont think you can take another step , a kind word when your day has been so gloomy you just want to scream.
                    Knowing when to give one another space , an when to hold on tight . Its getting to really know someone before you step into a house together.
                    Gee I need to stop I am depressing myself lol:D
                    Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
                    Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

Being "treated good" for me would be to meet my brothers and not run away screaming LOL :D I lub my bro's, they kept quite a few azzholes at bay.:D
                      another way of being treated good is for him to go hunting and actually bring home a deer, skin it himself and make me a dinner of fried deer meat, fried potatoes, corn and some hot tea :) ...mmmm i'm making myself hungry!!!:p and the food sounds pretty good too LOL:D
                      yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

______

Runnerz and WolfTears:

Geez . . . is there really such Men (plural) out there???

And if there are?

Can they keep up this goodness in a day-to-day relationship over a long period of time???

_____

Tradish_wiyan

What if he lives in the city? Will a zoo deer surfice?

j/k
                        Last edited by WhoMe; 10-31-2003, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
                          ______

Runnerz and WolfTears:

Geez . . . is there really such Men (plural) out there???

And if there are?

Can they keep up this goodness up in a day-to-day relationship over a long period of time???

~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*
                          Too funny...., my Daddy and one of my baby brothers are a prime example that such men do in fact exist... Not saying they we're perfect of course, but they made and continue to make every effort to treat their woman with respect, class, dignity and love.

Now my question...Do such women exist?...
                          "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it."

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:

Comment

My definition is this:
                            To be treated "good" mean to be treated with decency, respect, and feel like I am something valuable and precious to this man. Not a stepping stone, or a comfort zone, treat me like I am someone special to him. And it works both ways.
                            It is not hard to do, but most women don't make themselves clear in what they want from a relationship. Miscommunication is the doorway to broken relationships. Been there, done that.
                            Too many relationships are dysfunctional because of ignorance and immaturity. No one taught us how to be a girlfriend/boyfriend or a husband/wife. So therefore we continue to mistreat each other, raise our kids to mistreat the opposite sex and now we are in the mess we are in.
                            Back to basics.....respect, treating someone like we would LIKE to be treated, not how we have been treated.

Comment

Originally posted by rwgirl

It is not hard to do, but most women don't make themselves clear in what they want from a relationship. Miscommunication is the doorway to broken relationships.
                              You speak so much truth in your reply.

Miscommunication is deadly in all relationships.

Are men good communicators? Or do the majority of them keep things to themselves and not ask for help when they are needing it?

You're right that most women don't make it clear what they want from a relationship. It is my opinion that "most" men cannot take a hint. Most have to be told in concise terms and sometimes even reminded. Sometimes though, this can be miscommunicated as nagging.

Yes, it's a two way street. Both men and women need good communications skills to succeed in a relationship.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.