Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Love

    Okay, since I got (too) much time on my hand I keep posting, I hope it's okay, I mean I don't want to flood the place with me 'babbling' away... but maybe it's okay to post this.

    Love is a big word. There are many ways to love something or someone. But in the end it all comes down to CARE. Caring for everything is the ultimate kind of love. If you love someone or something you want this - whatever it is - be in good health and to be happy. If a human being that you love - once hurted you - you may feel anger, hate, resentment. Okay, I think that is needed for ones own healing. Once you notice, the pain has gone, you can be able to forgive, no one has to, it's just a choice. Once you forgive means that you understand those who hurted you may got big problems with themselves and you happened to be there in time and space to be used for victim, scapegoat, whatever. Unfortunately if you have not given reason for getting hurt by someone - this person forces their own problems upon you and blames you as he/she cannot blame the actual cause for the pain he/she received by other(s). So now, once you understand, that this person or these people hurting you didn't mean you personally but just have some kind of problems with whatever happened to them b4 you got to know and love them, you may be able to forgive what they did to you and love them as human beings. Well, if someone really hurts you on purpose because he/she has fun doing so, then it is mean and probably also because of whatever bad they experienced prior to your appearance in their lives. You still can try to understand and forgive. Don't have to.

    There are different ways to love. There is love toward your children, love toward parents, grandparents, animals, mother earth, the universe and the love you feel toward your husband/wife/fiancé/promised one/friend/close friend. Each kind of love is some kind of care and yes of course, the love for the great spirit.

    You can love a picture, a chair, whatever has a meaning to you. The things you care for means you love them. I bet this is nothing new - huh? Doesn't matter if you know about this or not, I just felt like writing it. Not to forget, love yourself with all the the rights or wrongs, I don't mean to accept the badness in oneself but just love yourself as a whole, means care for you and for the whole of yourself. Once you do that, the bad things you may like, diminish. I started up here with a big word, now see where it has taken me - writing a whole story - while the intention was just to write a few lines. I could say I am just a minor in the world but nevertheless I like to care - as good as I can. And for those who may not wholly understand the meaning of love, please excuse me - LOVE means to CARE! No more - no less. To care for the wellbeing of everything.
    Last edited by Spiritflight; 02-12-2013, 05:28 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Spiritflight View Post
    Okay, since I got (too) much time on my hand I keep posting, I hope it's okay, I mean I don't want to flood the place with me 'babbling' away... but maybe it's okay to post this.

    Love is a big word. There are many ways to love something or someone. But in the end it all comes down to CARE. Caring for everything is the ultimate kind of love. If you love someone or something you want this - whatever it is - be in good health and to be happy. If a human being that you love - once hurted you - you may feel anger, hate, resentment. Okay, I think that is needed for ones own healing. Once you notice, the pain has gone, you can be able to forgive, no one has to, it's just a choice. Once you forgive means that you understand those who hurted you may got big problems with themselves and you happened to be there in time and space to be used for victim, scapegoat, whatever. Unfortunately if you have not given reason for getting hurt by someone - this person forces their own problems upon you and blames you as he/she cannot blame the actual cause for the pain he/she received by other(s). So now, once you understand, that this person or these people hurting you didn't mean you personally but just have some kind of problems with whatever happened to them b4 you got to know and love them, you may be able to forgive what they did to you and love them as human beings. Well, if someone really hurts you on purpose because he/she has fun doing so, then it is mean and probably also because of whatever bad they experienced prior to your appearance in their lives. You still can try to understand and forgive. Don't have to.

    There are different ways to love. There is love toward your children, love toward parents, grandparents, animals, mother earth, the universe and the love you feel toward your husband/wife/fiancé/promised one/friend/close friend. Each kind of love is some kind of care and yes of course, the love for the great spirit.

    You can love a picture, a chair, whatever has a meaning to you. The things you care for means you love them. I bet this is nothing new - huh? Doesn't matter if you know about this or not, I just felt like writing it. Not to forget, love yourself with all the the rights or wrongs, I don't mean to accept the badness in oneself but just love yourself as a whole, means care for you and for the whole of yourself. Once you do that, the bad things you may like, diminish. I started up here with a big word, now see where it has taken me - writing a whole story - while the intention was just to write a few lines. I could say I am just a minor in the world but nevertheless I like to care - as good as I can. And for those who may not wholly understand the meaning of love, please excuse me - LOVE means to CARE! No more - no less. To care for the wellbeing of everything.
    Sometimes the reasons people hurt others aren't something you can figure with logic. Sometimes you get around people who are cranky, and they don't know what they are doing.

    Sometimes people are just self centered and don't care about anyone else's agenda but their own.

    But thinking of LOVE is a good thing to do because pretty soon it is VALENTINE'S DAY and everybody thinks about it. Yesterday I sent candy to my girls away at school and it was promised they would get it on time! Hurray!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by docat View Post
      Sometimes the reasons people hurt others aren't something you can figure with logic. Sometimes you get around people who are cranky, and they don't know what they are doing.

      Sometimes people are just self centered and don't care about anyone else's agenda but their own.

      But thinking of LOVE is a good thing to do because pretty soon it is VALENTINE'S DAY and everybody thinks about it. Yesterday I sent candy to my girls away at school and it was promised they would get it on time! Hurray!
      That's right, sometimes people also appear self centered but all there's to maybe is that they have to deal with immense problems of their own, trying to figure things out and aren't able to look after others well. But I think you meant those who are just looking for their own profit no matter on which costs. And the thought I got maybe even posted it here somewhere b4 - why do people want and want and never seem to have enough - that's what made me thinking, on one hand it's nice to have things, but not everything and more. Who needs their own jet planes, own islands etc. 20 cars and houses? I think and this may sounds strange - the reason why they stock pile things without ever ending to do so - is fear. They need to numb themselves with all those posessions because it keeps them from thinking about that they are mortal. They just fear the end of life. That came to me as a conclusion to explain why they do that. And also greed and the need to stay in that kind of society of people who got the same much because if they'd lose everything, they also would lose almost all those they call friends. I don't know, it was just a closer examination about what's behind all that stock piling behavior. Okay, so much for now. I am not an - I too could do with a little bit more than just enough for paying my monthly bills and a bit of food and if I save up for it or quit smoking to get me new clothes I need or being able to travel to the next towns or other nearby places I like to see. Hm... what has my reply now got to do with - love - ? I don't know. That's just what came to mind.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Spiritflight View Post
        That's right, sometimes people also appear self centered but all there's to maybe is that they have to deal with immense problems of their own, trying to figure things out and aren't able to look after others well. But I think you meant those who are just looking for their own profit no matter on which costs. And the thought I got maybe even posted it here somewhere b4 - why do people want and want and never seem to have enough - that's what made me thinking, on one hand it's nice to have things, but not everything and more. Who needs their own jet planes, own islands etc. 20 cars and houses? I think and this may sounds strange - the reason why they stock pile things without ever ending to do so - is fear. They need to numb themselves with all those posessions because it keeps them from thinking about that they are mortal. They just fear the end of life. That came to me as a conclusion to explain why they do that. And also greed and the need to stay in that kind of society of people who got the same much because if they'd lose everything, they also would lose almost all those they call friends. I don't know, it was just a closer examination about what's behind all that stock piling behavior. Okay, so much for now. I am not an - I too could do with a little bit more than just enough for paying my monthly bills and a bit of food and if I save up for it or quit smoking to get me new clothes I need or being able to travel to the next towns or other nearby places I like to see. Hm... what has my reply now got to do with - love - ? I don't know. That's just what came to mind.
        I think you are on to something. A friend once told me that everything people do in life is motivated out of love or fear. I think he got this from Deepak Chopra, but it doesn't matter where it comes from, it really seems to be true. Sometimes people argue and tease and its like puppies playing, it can look worse than it is. And sometimes things don't always translate well from the head to the screen and back again, and if you were talking to a person in person, you might not feel the same way as you might reading something.
        But the love thing, and contentment, I think they go hand in hand. People continually finding fault and wanting to "upgrade", we live in a society that is wanting to train us to be that way. To want to upgrade everything and newer is better. Even with people. So when you find someone that can make that commitment and you with them, you should really love them for it because that's getting rare these days.

        And that's my early Valentine's Day sentiment on your lovely love thread!

        Comment


        • #5
          Everyone

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
            I think you are on to something. A friend once told me that everything people do in life is motivated out of love or fear. I think he got this from Deepak Chopra, but it doesn't matter where it comes from, it really seems to be true.
            Don't mean to knit-pick but thought clarity was needed for sake of truth. So hope you take it as adding to your flow rather than disrupting.
            Its actually fear & desire and un-acceptance & acceptance. Two paradigms of motivation intertwined that elucidate what & why we give force to things. It's not Deepak but Buddhist, unless Deepak is revising things in favor of half-truths. Love is a type of desir-ing & accept-ing in relationship with hate, a type of fear-ing and unaccept-ing. You can say, a critical mass of thought, emotion, experience, and/or accident that delivers one into a state of love or hate. And they are not opposites but in relationship, like yin-yang. Ok that's the end of my little diddy.
            Loving to love is something that females might want to teach more males. I wonder if the spirtual paths of the world were still led by women where we might be today. I'm guessing alot better off than what us guys have done. Muther Recht (I think that's how its spelled) has become nothing but a function of reproduction. The magic lost upon most men.
            When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by reocurringdream View Post
              Don't mean to knit-pick but thought clarity was needed for sake of truth. So hope you take it as adding to your flow rather than disrupting.
              Its actually fear & desire and un-acceptance & acceptance. Two paradigms of motivation intertwined that elucidate what & why we give force to things. It's not Deepak but Buddhist, unless Deepak is revising things in favor of half-truths. Love is a type of desir-ing & accept-ing in relationship with hate, a type of fear-ing and unaccept-ing. You can say, a critical mass of thought, emotion, experience, and/or accident that delivers one into a state of love or hate. And they are not opposites but in relationship, like yin-yang. Ok that's the end of my little diddy.
              Loving to love is something that females might want to teach more males. I wonder if the spirtual paths of the world were still led by women where we might be today. I'm guessing alot better off than what us guys have done. Muther Recht (I think that's how its spelled) has become nothing but a function of reproduction. The magic lost upon most men.
              Thanks, I wasn't sure where that came from but it sure seems to be true. I quoted you on another thread and there was extra stuff in it, is your pc okay? I quoted you, I wasn't getting on you, just you said something I wanted to link to. Just alot of draining stuff going on.

              Comment


              • #8
                Interesting to watch that dance you two are doing around each other. What's it called? Some kind of court dance?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Spiritflight View Post
                  Interesting to watch that dance you two are doing around each other. What's it called? Some kind of court dance?
                  I see you are alone. Kinda says it all, doesn't it.!!! LOL!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
                    Thanks, I wasn't sure where that came from but it sure seems to be true. I quoted you on another thread and there was extra stuff in it, is your pc okay? I quoted you, I wasn't getting on you, just you said something I wanted to link to. Just alot of draining stuff going on.
                    Gotcha np.
                    Yea, using MS word (office). McAfee says pc is ok. I do save sometimes as word doc if I walk away to do something. The problem is I get logged out on some kind of timer. I just get too frustrated to write something again after I've lost my thought.
                    What's interesting about love is that you can love ppl you don't like, but you can't love and hate at the same time, although you can love and hate the same person at different times.
                    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Spiritflight View Post
                      Interesting to watch that dance you two are doing around each other. What's it called? Some kind of court dance?
                      When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
                        I see you are alone. Kinda says it all, doesn't it.!!! LOL!!!

                        Comment

                        Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        • powwowgirl4life
                          Ok Here I Know....
                          by powwowgirl4life
                          i know i'm only 13 but yeah i have an opinion too!!!!! It pisses me off when i think about the war I HATE WAR you may call me a friggin' hippie but i don't gave a cracker i dunno it may be because so many of my friends are dieing or leaving and it seems like sometimes everyone has left me and doesn't...
                          05-01-2005, 06:16 AM
                        • Smokin' Ace
                          Things a Stepmother should never say...
                          by Smokin' Ace
                          This article appeared in on CNN.com this morning, and because both my children have stepmothers, I hear their struggles when they come home. I am not a stepmother yet, but I don't know what the future holds. :) I am just thankful that there are articles such as these out there...cuz, the truth is,...
                          04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
                        • Coyot_In_The_House
                          Did You Ever....
                          by Coyot_In_The_House
                          Have the oppurtunity to grow up with some rather cool people and continue on with that experience thru the years but, but.....There was always a small percentage who were just miserable? You know that contingent of people that no matter what anyone did.......were just never satisfied? Seems this way...
                          01-18-2008, 12:33 PM
                        • crazywolf
                          Obsolete Reservations???
                          by crazywolf
                          Boozhoo niji,

                          I know this one is gonna start some fires, so be it. This have been bugging me for a couple of months and now I am bringing it out into the open for everyone to attack, flame, ridicule and possibly even get banned over.

                          I was at work a couple of days ago,...
                          03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
                        • RozZy
                          Making a short film about Lakota culture.
                          by RozZy
                          This got double posted into the introductions. Please delete that one.

                          My name is Rostam and I'm a film student at UCLA and I've started to write the script for my thesis film.
                          I got interested in the native culture when I went to visit a Powwow in Irvine, I just fell in love with...
                          06-17-2013, 01:46 AM

                        Trending

                        Collapse

                        • OLChemist
                          Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                          by OLChemist
                          *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

                          Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                          06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

                        Sidebar Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X