Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Issues

I guess this is a native issue -

Sometime back someone suggested I check out this place. I thought to have found a place where people got along with each other, but in my case that didn't happen. There were threads started by others here that not only caught my interest, but also prompted me to respond. It seemed everyone else could share in these topics, but when I did, my responses fell under scrutiny. Then I was more or less accused of being someone called Wounded Bear, which I'm not. Now I have someone telling me that I'm writing to them in German, which I'm not. Not to overly go on about this matter Wouldn't it be simpler to just tell people they are not welcomed here rather than make sport of them? What comes from that aside from animosity? I didn't come here to be hazed or to fuel the bad side of humanity. I know a good several NDN people in my area and they don't carry on like this. Why wouldn't I feel unwelcome here?

And so now you whine.....because you go around insulting everyone's intelligence and then can't figure out why they're aggravated with you ?
    And then do the one thing we all hate...demand respect because of "elder"status.......No , we don't know you and after playing 20 dumb questions with you, to try to see what tribe or tribes you associate with , I personally , don't care to know you. You posted a poem and wanted feedback , I gave it. You neither liked or appreciated it. Another mod flagged some of your so called art and asked you to provide a link and a warning that it contained nudity ( this is an all age family site)and you got mad and started pouting. Took down all your pictures...awwww to bad for you to be picked on.Then posted smart remarks to the mod......hmmmm....how smart was that ? You have to put forth some effort to fit in , see what's what and who's who.Earn the respect you desire so much.
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by Atehequa View Post
      I'm pretty sure it's just your issue.

Sometime back someone suggested I check out this place.
      Awesome!

I thought to have found a place where people got along with each other, but in my case that didn't happen. There were threads started by others here that not only caught my interest, but also prompted me to respond. It seemed everyone else could share in these topics, but when I did, my responses fell under scrutiny.
      Everyone's responses are scrutinized, that's how we learn and grow.

Then I was more or less accused of being someone called Wounded Bear, which I'm not. Now I have someone telling me that I'm writing to them in German, which I'm not. Not to overly go on about this matter Wouldn't it be simpler to just tell people they are not welcomed here rather than make sport of them? What comes from that aside from animosity?
      If you believe scrutiny is animosity, you must not be very secure.

I didn't come here to be hazed or to fuel the bad side of humanity. I know a good several NDN people in my area and they don't carry on like this. Why wouldn't I feel unwelcome here?
      You only feel unwelcome because nobody is buying what you're selling.

That's nobody's fault but your own.

Comment

Sometime back someone suggested I check out this place. I thought to have found a place where people got along with each other, but in my case that didn't happen. There were threads started by others here that not only caught my interest, but also prompted me to respond. It seemed everyone else could share in these topics, but when I did, my responses fell under scrutiny. Then I was more or less accused of being someone called Wounded Bear, which I'm not. Now I have someone telling me that I'm writing to them in German, which I'm not. Not to overly go on about this matter Wouldn't it be simpler to just tell people they are not welcomed here rather than make sport of them? What comes from that aside from animosity? I didn't come here to be hazed or to fuel the bad side of humanity. I know a good several NDN people in my area and they don't carry on like this. Why wouldn't I feel unwelcome here?
        It does take some time to get to know people here, I suggested this site to you...there's lots to learn here good and bad but sometimes you need to do lots of reading of people's posts/comments to learn how to approach things/people! Sadly I haven't taken the time to read everything you have commented on, or the threads you have started, I have read your poetry and have seen your artwork....that being said I can't comment on the problems you seem to have had with others on here! Are you coming across as some all knowing person?

Comment

respect on the internet is such a small useless thing......i usually dont give it.....NOR DO I NEED IT

its not like i know anyone here or would hang out with them in real life anyways

i really doubt your feelings are a "native issue"

maybe you should have titled this thread "security level 5 lock down in gage"
          Last edited by milehighsalute; 06-02-2013, 12:38 PM.
          "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Yeah, it's a native issue. I think you would get the same response if you go to a "real" native community with the same words...and pics.
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

Being unpopular is not specific to a native community. Being unpopular is a direct result of not being accountable for 100% of what you are articulating out of your mouth.

You can't make people like you just because you are a Native. If anything, most of us at some point in our lives have been the subjected to much worse than a few internet comments.

From my own experiences, I didn't get affronted when my fellow law students claimed that my admission to law school was based on some lowering of admission criteria to let folks like me in. Instead of whining and boohooing over the mean kids, I just went ahead and won all the book prizes and scholarships... when they started their smear campaign that those prizes were "gimmes", I went on to get my post doc and went back to teach other mean kids like them.

You have a choice. You can play nicely or you can alienate yourself by not being accountable for what you type, say or respond to on this site.

And here's the neat part, you don't have to be an NDN do to it... just someone that has a good brain/mouth/typing filter.
              A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

NDN women just fracken ROCK when they chastise people in their own way.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                  Being unpopular is not specific to a native community. Being unpopular is a direct result of not being accountable for 100% of what you are articulating out of your mouth.
                  That's pretty good stuff, right there...

Comment

Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                    Being unpopular is not specific to a native community.

word. I'm unpopular in all sorts of communities.

I offend people equally, without racism or reason.

WHAY!

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Originally posted by CandaePrincess View Post

I offend people equally, without racism or reason.

WHAY!
                      Me too,. except, I racism them occasionally LOL

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

i talk a lot of smack you can ask my friend wardancer but the way the op talks to people just comes off as kind of rude and its seems like you dont like to answer questions when asked you dont like to give straight up answers. Thats the way it seems to me, so if people see you coming off as rude then thats how you gonna get talked too. Treat people how you want to be treated. old saying but it works

Comment

An old Irish saying, stolen from a Cherokee:

"When you find yourself in a hole,

STOP DIGGING!"

sigpic

Comment

........LOL

In Old Mexico, they say "Don't be a piñata!"
                            sigpic

Comment

No Happy Ending for the piñata....

sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.