What is a true Indian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a true Indian?

Following a suggestion to ask this question - let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you.

What is a true Scotsman?
    "Don't trust anyone who isn't angry."
    - John Trudell

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
    - Me

Comment

I think this thread will be deleted.

What is true peace?
      sigpic

Comment

what is a true troll?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritflight View Post
          Following a suggestion to ask this question - let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you.
          Yaahl closed the other thread you started - on June 3

Are you NDN - or are you not NDN

Please respect Yaahl's decision
          sigpic

Comment

You're very brave to post this thread. The idea might be interesting, but as a White boy, I'd be way too scurred.
            Last edited by RDNKJ; 06-08-2013, 03:38 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

A true Indian is accepted as such by an established and recognized Native community.

If you're not, you aren't.

Comment

If his lips don't move while talking and you can understand what he is saying, then he is a true Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
                  I think this thread will be deleted.

What is true peace?
                  Thats true.
                  Asema Is Sacred
                  Traditional Use, Not Misuse
                  Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
                  OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

I knew a true piece once !
                    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                      I knew a true piece once !
                      asking for trouble.
                      Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 06-08-2013, 11:30 PM.
                      Asema Is Sacred
                      Traditional Use, Not Misuse
                      Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
                      OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

I would imagine that a true Indian is someone from India.

I suggest that the OP ask her question over at: http://indiaculture.net

or maybe even try a call centre or two...
                        Last edited by yaahl; 06-09-2013, 03:29 AM.
                        A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeke View Post
                          A true Indian is accepted as such by an established and recognized Native community.

If you're not, you aren't.
                          and no matter how hard you try or how native your heart is......you can never be.......but hey when she was married to an indian i bet she had some indian in her many a night!!!!
                          "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Originally posted by milehighsalute View Post
                            and no matter how hard you try or how native your heart is......you can never be.......but hey when she was married to an indian i bet she had some indian in her many a night!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritflight View Post

The offspring of an Indian with a dot and an Indian with a feather?
                              Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.