• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ojibwaysweetie
    PowWows.com Addicts
    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Runnerz
    When my handsome Honey tells me "I love you"...nothing sounds sweeeeeeter than those three workds....:2: :2:
    That's true runners. Many of us seem to forget that quite often. But is nice to hear it! :D
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

• MishkomekinaakIkwe
      Ur No 1 RoundDanceQueen
      • Aug 2003

Its a toss up....

I was soooo upset with him for tons of things and hadn't seen him for weeks..... he showed up one nght with an "I'm sorry" and a rose behind his back (he apologized for the rose being fake too!)
      OR
      I was stuck a long ways from my home and he offered to drive FIVE hours just to come get me and add another 2 hours to drive me home and the three for him to get home from there....(even tho I could have a ride the next day, but would have to crash at someone house till I could get a ride!)

or maybe.......

damn.... what a sweet guy?!
      "What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth." Author-nknown

Comment

• MikmaqRose
        Tiny Tot Dancer
        • Nov 2003

I have this friend, he and I dated for a while, but ended up breaking up after college because we were bother returning to our home states. Anyway, we are still very close and no matter who I have dated, he has always had that something......I've decided that it isn't one thing that he has ever done. He kisses me on my forehead when I'm upset or he hugs me like he'll never let go. He sent me roses once - when I actually upset him to tell me that he understood why I did what I did. I only see him once a year now, but it is still the same small things that get me. They are what I will always remember and not the one big dinner and movie that were romantic at the time. That even seems insignificant when I hear certain songs or the sound of the ocean.

Guess, that romance is different for everyone. I, sometimes, feel terrible for the next guy that comes along when I decide to take on some long term commitment.........kidding.;)
        Reflect on life, whenever possible; take time to remember, and make time to dream...find your own way; go with confidence and expect good things to happen.

Comment

• tradish_wiyan
          plains n8tv
          • May 2003

ROMANCE?? That word and men are not used in the same sentence around these parts. The word used around here is "smooth" LOL. No, seriously, I haven't had anything romantic done for me except to super-size at McDonalds instead of the usual happy meal...i dated cheap men.:Cry
          yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

• bahnisiain
            Eastern Blanket Dancer
            • Dec 2001

my honey gave me ear rings and a ring with opals.
            Bahnisiain

Comment

• MishkomekinaakIkwe
              Ur No 1 RoundDanceQueen
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by tradish_wiyan
              ROMANCE?? That word and men are not used in the same sentence around these parts. The word used around here is "smooth" LOL. No, seriously, I haven't had anything romantic done for me except to super-size at McDonalds instead of the usual happy meal...i dated cheap men.:Cry
              Oh no! I'm so sorry! (did you at least get a toy?) Hmm... gonna have to take you to bingo with me and find you a good ol shinob man! (he'll at least share his dauber with you!)
              "What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth." Author-nknown

Comment

• MikmaqRose
                Tiny Tot Dancer
                • Nov 2003

Aye....well, even if it had to be super-sized at McDonald's.......he did take you out to dinner. Ok, long shot, but I tried.

HOWEVER: He could have bought a bucket of KFC, sat down in front of the tv and eventually told you to have a wing if you wanted to, but only after he had been putting his grimy fingers into the thing. Yes, this same scenario has actually taken place - this was my friend's horror story one day after a first date.

Now there's romance!! Woohoo!!
                Reflect on life, whenever possible; take time to remember, and make time to dream...find your own way; go with confidence and expect good things to happen.

Comment

• theepowwowchic49
                  Senior Dancer
                  • Jul 2003

sings to me

one of the most romantic things that was done for me was my babe showed up at my work with my favorite cake and a big 21 on it and he sang me the native happy birthday song right there in the lobby of the rehab center he didnt care that staff and patients were there that was the best birthday ever then we took off the night for dinner and he actually took me dancing he hates dancing but he went for me.
                  Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

• Six_Nations_Sweety
                    ..:..6 Nay Sweety..:..
                    • Nov 2002

my fiance is alwyas romantic, He always calls me on his breaks from work to let me know he loves me and how his day is going and to make sure me and his 5mnth old son are ok. He buys me and his son whatever we want when we need it without any questions or doubt,even if he needs to put it all on his mastercard!(evil grin hehehhee)
                    But the most romantic thing he does is when hes around and our son is asleep he'll lay beside me and tell me all the things he loves about me and how hes the luckiest man alive.......
                    I LOVE MY MAN!!!
                    " I'll Always Have Mad Love For That Fool! "

Comment

• MishkomekinaakIkwe
                      Ur No 1 RoundDanceQueen
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Six_Nations_Sweety
                      my fiance is alwyas romantic, He always calls me on his breaks from work to let me know he loves me and how his day is going and to make sure me and his 5mnth old son are ok. He buys me and his son whatever we want when we need it without any questions or doubt,even if he needs to put it all on his mastercard!(evil grin hehehhee)
                      But the most romantic thing he does is when hes around and our son is asleep he'll lay beside me and tell me all the things he loves about me and how hes the luckiest man alive.......
                      I LOVE MY MAN!!!
                      ahh shucks..... I want a man like that..... shhh... I WANT A MAN!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.