HELP!!(formal dress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!(formal dress)

okay...we r goin to the marine corp ball on wednesday(i thought it was on the 22nd but he just told me it was on the 12th!!!!) so im on a tight budget....i need some ideas.....
    1. has anyone ever dyed a dress? i have a lilac colored one wnd i want to die it pink or white.
    2. its plain....how should i dress it up? w/rhinestones?
    any suggestions would help alot!
    WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
    Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Re: HELP!!(formal dress)

Originally posted by saukpuppet
    okay...we r goin to the marine corp ball on wednesday(i thought it was on the 22nd but he just told me it was on the 12th!!!!) so im on a tight budget....i need some ideas.....
    1. has anyone ever dyed a dress? i have a lilac colored one wnd i want to die it pink or white.
    2. its plain....how should i dress it up? w/rhinestones?
    any suggestions would help alot!
    I don't know that you can make it white because that is already darker. Pink may be difficult also unless it is a darker shade I dunno. What about black or green with rhinestones since it's fall now?
    believe in yourself

Comment

Yup I agree, I don't think you can go lighter, but darker shouldn't be a problem. You could always go darker shade of purple (that would probally be the easiest). Let us know how it turns out!!!
      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

so...darker....it will work? ill do it...im just scared!!!! but i cannot wear that dress if it stays purple!

any tips on how to dye it?
        WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
        Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

Pm blackbear, she's the go to person for anything craft like related!!!!!;)
          The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
          -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Well, to use the kind of dye you buy in the store, the dress needs to be machine washable. And has to stand up to hot water or the dye won't take. You can do the washer method outlined in the directions on the dye, otherwise you have to have a big pot and simmer it on the stove for an hour!!

Even dyeing my daughters jeans wasn't easy and they didn't take the dye evenly all over.

Then you have to run the washer with bleach to clean the washer up.

Maybe you should contact a fancy dress shop in your area. I know they can dye shoes and stuff without boiling them.:p
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
              Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
              by OLChemist
              *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
              06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
            • Tsalagi_Phoenix
              Books!
              by Tsalagi_Phoenix
              It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
              02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X