White Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Friends

Ever hang out with your native friends and you have a white friend with you or more, and you say native related jokes, like a 49, snagging, rez, ect. and the white guy is like...huh? Or the white guy hangs out with you guyz so much, hes becomin native himself?
    Last edited by Aaron; 02-27-2004, 07:01 PM.

naw tha white kids round hurr Use to those kinnna jokes :p but if you talk to someone who wasnt from a rez skool they be like Huh :Chatter :Chatter
    *~*~*~Do Not Lead me in to Temptation I can Find it myself*~*~*~ :D :uptosomet

Comment

naw, the white kids around here know about the rez slang just as much as the rez kids. They even called themselves "wanna-be's, in the albino tribe etc..." its cool. But even talking to peeps from different rezes, the slang isn't the same or the "aayyeee...jokes" they are like "huh?"
      yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

if i bring a friend to a powwow w/me they are like what the he** are you ppl talkin about?i didnt know you guys made fun of the white ppl!
        im just like yaeh,but you wouldnt get any of our jokes so im not gonna take the time to explain them.
        who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

Comment

Most of my budds are white, Hispanic, or Asian. Growing up in the San Francisco area diversity is key to surviving here. All my frat brothers are white and Asian. But it was hard as a freshman but I learned to adjust. I don't know any real Indian jokes or talk because I never was close friends with other Indians. I have a few from Cal but we didn't talk pow-wow.

Comment

Yes, I work with white people and there are skin jokes that I definitely will not tell them cuz I don't want to bother explaining everything to them. I believe that they have heard a lot of our humor already though and know how to take a joke as well as dish them out.
            A long time ago, I brought a black friend of mine to a powwow in Brooklyn and that was crazy! She was loud and funny, when it was my turn to dance, she wanted to cheer me on and get up and make some noise for me, I had to tell her to please don't do that. That would have been crazy though!

Comment

I have a white friend that I work with, and she's cool. She's been married to an Indian guy for 6 years anyway, and she gets ALL the jokes. It's almost kinda weird at times, cuz you don't expect her to know all this rez stuff.:p
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Hmm.. white friends. I have white aquaintances. I had some goot "white" friends growing up.. but... we went our seperate ways along the way.

I remember bringing this one white chick to a pow wow. AND she totally dissed it!! She was expecting a "party-camping-type-thing-a-ma-jig." She said it was boring and wanted to go home. I was kinda upset with what she had said. I thought it was rude. We haven't spoken since.

She's the same person... who said.. "Kewl!!! What instrument do you play??" When.. I told her.. "My band will fund my school tuition." :Chatter :Chatter Funny stuff!!
                ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Nishnab
                  Hmm.. white friends. I have white aquaintances. I had some goot "white" friends growing up.. but... we went our seperate ways along the way.

I remember bringing this one white chick to a pow wow. AND she totally dissed it!! She was expecting a "party-camping-type-thing-a-ma-jig." She said it was boring and wanted to go home. I was kinda upset with what she had said. I thought it was rude. We haven't spoken since.

She's the same person... who said.. "Kewl!!! What instrument do you play??" When.. I told her.. "My band will fund my school tuition." :Chatter :Chatter Funny stuff!!
                  :Chatter What instrument do you play!:Chatter

Chi baapii niin!
                  I have white friends too but only interact at work.
                  "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Yeah sometimes I forget that I work in an office environment and when my people's call I will be loud as fugg. All "ayyyyeee", "neeeeeaaaaahhnnnn" and "as iff'd" out.

Sometimes, to heighten the shock value I will stick my tongue out when saying "ayyyeee". Then they think I am nuts.

I don't think I have any white friends and if I do they weren't worth remembering.
                    Got percap?

Comment

Originally posted by lakotajingledancer
                      if i bring a friend to a powwow w/me they are like what the he** are you ppl talkin about?i didnt know you guys made fun of the white ppl!
                      im just like yaeh,but you wouldnt get any of our jokes so im not gonna take the time to explain them.
                      lol, didn't know we made fun of mokomen. Heck, its one of our favorite subjects...

Comment

I'm across the country from my rez and every friend is white of mine.

Comment

HUH?

:Chatter
                          There are 2 types of people in the world...
                          Really stupid people who think they are smart
                          and
                          Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibby™
                            Yeah sometimes I forget that I work in an office environment and when my people's call I will be loud as fugg. All "ayyyyeee", "neeeeeaaaaahhnnnn" and "as iff'd" out.

Sometimes, to heighten the shock value I will stick my tongue out when saying "ayyyeee". Then they think I am nuts.

I don't think I have any white friends and if I do they weren't worth remembering.
                            ya got one now....:3:
                            believe in yourself

Comment

Although I am white, some of the white peeps jokes crack me up..like when some white guy dons a bunch if animal skins especially on his head...even I have to laugh..I was married to a half breed Cherokee in Pennsylvania..his mom was raised on a reservation and his dad was scandanavian...they slung it back and forth all the time...now I am with a Prerto Rican for 6 years....lots to learn here!!
                              believe in yourself

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • TigerEyes214
                                Neverending Game
                                by TigerEyes214
                                k. I didn't see any game like this before so....short and sweet here goes:

Last one to post wins!!! GO!!!!!!

(so far I'm the winner) :taunting:
                                05-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X