If you have a PayPal account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a PayPal account

Watch out for a phishing email going around big time. It looks pretty legit, too. The header starts out "IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED", and goes on to something about service upgrades with a couple of links to click. Don't click them!!!! You can forward the email to [email protected] or delete it.
    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

I got one in my email not too long ago. I just deleted it, and logged on to paypal myself. It didn't give any notices, so I just went on with my business as usual.
    Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Turns out it was real. I got the email from PP verifying it. They also said that was the most reported email they had ever had and won't be using all caps in the heading anymore. LOL!
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• wyo_rose
        BIA eMail Hoax
        by wyo_rose
        I can't believe I just received the email about the BIA sending money to people for forwarding the email.

Bureau of Indian Affairs Email Beta Test Hoax

I kinda lost my cool, and scolded every sender that forwarded it for not taking 10 seconds to google "bia email",...
        11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
      • River Spirit
        'Citi' Fraudulent Email
        by River Spirit
        I opened my personal email account this a.m. to find a message supposedly from Citibank warning me of fraudulent attempts to extract personal information. Then it asked me to click on a link to do jus that! It looked hokey anyway because it is primarily CitiGroup, not Citi, but they used the logo. PLUS...
        08-08-2004, 11:54 AM
      • Josiah
        Web and Email Hoaxes/Rumors
        by Josiah
        While we are on the subject of web and email hoaxes.
        I was emailed this link the other day to dispel a rumor that was going around about the University of Kentucky.
        The email was saying that the History department had cut out the fact that there was no Holocaust
        Well there is a...
        11-18-2007, 09:34 AM
      • middle of the sky
        i got my first scam email
        by middle of the sky
        after years of hearing about this i got my first email for possible investment..

"Dear Respected

Peace and blessing be upon you.I am dropping you this quick note because I did not hear back from you concerning the information I sent you the other day introducing my intent.I...
        10-31-2007, 02:17 PM
      • Dat1NdnGuy
        fwd: fwd: fwd: fwd:
        by Dat1NdnGuy
        WHY do folks insist on sending countless Forwards if they DONT know how?......I got like 4-5 Just today that were sent as attachments right?...and It took something like 6 windows just to get to the freakin message thats IF there even was one, one of em just showed up a whole buncha email addresses...
        07-08-2005, 06:39 PM

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
        Hello From FLorida
        by namamiinc
        I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
        Yesterday, 07:14 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X